Open Goal Podcast

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any time Kyle is asked a question he answers with “Och I dunno, Si”

Like I said before, Kyle is skint. I think Ferry would feel guilty moving him on now.,

To quote him.. his feets under the carpet. No danger he ever leaves that show. Especially with live shows etc

I listened to the show last night. Is it normal for Kyle to refer to Celtic as we?

It happened two or three times.

No that's first time I've heard him say it. He's been getting a bit of stick off us for his comments about us not playing anyone, I thought he was trying to get a rise by saying that.

No that's first time I've heard him say it. He's been getting a bit of stick off us for his comments about us not playing anyone, I thought he was trying to get a rise by saying that.
Did Kevin Kyle actually say, at this point in the season, we 'haven't played anyone'? Because that is a new level of idiocy.

Did Kevin Kyle actually say, at this point in the season, we 'haven't played anyone'? Because that is a new level of idiocy.

He tried to clarify it this week by saying he meant we hadn't played anyone who was in top form or was it because rangers aren't letting them. Still made no sense mind

Watched the Jimmy Nicholl interview again today. Very funny and easily one of the best on Open Goal.

Watched the Derek Ferguson and Ian Durrant interview yesterday. Excellent stuff.
I’d never heard Ian talk about the tackle and I’ve more respect for him now than ever. His comment about his relatively insignificant injury hardship compared with Derek losing his daughter was poignant.

I laughed when they both described Souness as a maniac. Not a great player with a mean streak or ... a flawed genius ... a maniac.

Last edited:
McAvennie on the latest coupon show, talking about the prank last week, “I left my wallet in the car, usually I’d just have said there’s the money for it to save any hassle. “ hahaha aye right
That’s not how it looked frank !

In fact it looked like he was gonna do a runner , maybe trip Derek Ferguson up on the way out .

As a post further down says , he’s absolutely clueless of current Scottish football , he’ll take Dundee Utd to beat livi cause Paul sturrock used to play for them .

Kevin Kyle is that typical guy who you maybe start out with in a new company or project but as time goes on his purpose of filling a body to get it off and running is now theres better people who can fill the job. no easy way to let him down gently. out of interest i wonder how much they get for appearing on the show? i always wonder about any media work, £100-200 an appearance?

Kevin Kyle is that typical guy who you maybe start out with in a new company or project but as time goes on his purpose of filling a body to get it off and running is now theres better people who can fill the job. no easy way to let him down gently. out of interest i wonder how much they get for appearing on the show? i always wonder about any media work, £100-200 an appearance?

Strange because slaney talks about signing on the broo as well so %^*& knows how it works

“Oh, Q Tips”

Don’t know why, but Hallidays delivery of that story made me laugh quite a bit hahaha.

Annoying me now every week it gets more and more a 'lets discuss Celtics problems' podcast rather than the eachy peachy show it used to be. That plus Slaney's refusal to get involved in discussing us, trying to be funny changing the subject to the international scene etc. The latest show 34 mins of how dare other teams not just let Celtic win, 7 mins of us gubbing Aberdeen. Cant wait for 55, they'll probably cancel the show that week.

Wonder what day it will be out this week. The idea of Lawwells sons podcast discussing the sacking of Lennon and his replacement is excellent stuff. I bet when he made it, it would be a fun project for them and it would always be about their beloved club doing well.

Kevin Kyle is the type who after a few pints would be screaming sevco and calling us all sorts. With genuine bike pouring from him. Aggressive, hateful and with a serious chip on his shoulder.

As much as Slane is clearly a supporter of them, I couldn’t see him acting like that.

Kyle ruins the show and it’s pretty evident they all think he is a complete loser.

Kevin Kyle is the type of who would sing Rangers songs with Rangers supporters and Celtic songs with Celtic supporters.

I’d imagine he was a casual armchair fan of them growing up. He knows very little about either club.

So going off the last few pages, people are annoyed when they wheel out an ex Tim to try and avoid talking about Celtic getting beat but then at the same time are also annoyed when they spend to much time talking about Celtic getting beat?

Almost as if they can’t win :D

Very much looking forward to this tonight (or tomorrow). I dont have the hate for Kevin Kyle that others seem to, i think hes a decent big guy if a bit clownish at times. Going to enjoy Halliday winding Si and Slaney up

They never talked about the weekend's football much on that. Just made slight reference to the game having finished.

It was a different format to most weeks tbf.

The interview was done as we were playing. It was different but would have been planned in advance.

So aggressive for someone with no clue.

They done a McGeady special KTBOTG after a poor week for Celtic in which they barely discussed football.

So stop talking pish
They never done a Mcgeady interview because Celtic drew with Aberdeen.
The interview was obviously planned, and took place as the game was finishing.
Clearly you're the 1 with "no clue"
Do you think they were sitting with Mcgeady watching the game and decided to whip the cameras out at full time and do an interview, to avoid taking about Cetic drawing a game?
So again stop talking pish.

Kevin Kyle - To be honest si the problem is....I don't know what sultics problem is, is it maybe because of Ryan kint who knows.

Si Ferry - the celtic players just dinny run aboot enough for me.

Andy Halliday - genuine football knowledge and insights into tactics in modern day football.

Started to get bored of open goal until the scum imploded now its a must listen.

Probably been said a million times in here but Kevin Kyle is so bad. When the other three are having a joke or whatever he just sits there looking completely lost and then laughs when everyone else laughs.

Then when he does get asked his opinion he’ll come out with something like ‘the hing is Si, everyone’s got an opinion Si, just coz I’ve got one opinion doesn’t mean to say I’m right Si’ and then eventually Slaney just talks over him and he goes back to staring at his bit of paper.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back