Open Goal Podcast

Status
Not open for further replies.
Big Kev basically just said "what's for you won't go by you" when talking about Scott Allan not signing for Rangers. Deary me.
I forgot about that, watched it yesterday & laughed when he said it. KK was half asleep on the show, Slaney wasnt interested, so left to Halliday to carry it.

Of course Slaney is a bitter bastard, if it was me on a show and the poets were winning the league and heading through to last 16 in europe id be a bitter kunt as well and id like to think everyone on this thread would be.
He doesn’t hide it and never has but i think he is really funny with it most of the time, its part of his act.

Watched one last night, ex team mates talking about Thomas Graveson.
Guy was a total nutter, up there with Gazza.
Funny as fk. Guy now is apparantly worth £100million, lives in Vegas and professionally plays poker and COD..

I think Gravesen sounds brilliant fun.

Basically raped Celtic of a wage for a few years, whilst just being a nut case.

Living in Vegas, playing poker and shagging - sounds pish...

The Mike Dean patter is honkin on the new podcast.
Also fed up of Si always mentioning “Di Canio man”. Di Canio always seems to do it worse than other managers according to Ferry, you’ve been to Tenerife, he’s been to Elevenerife sorta thing.

I like it because its not serious its a laugh, nothing malicious ever gets said , there's no agenda like we've had to endure the pish in the media from sutton, stewart etc. i'd hate to think how angry folk are listening to them if they get wound up by a guy like slaney.

He doesn't bother me too much and can be decent at times but Slaney has acted the big man until Ford Kiernan made a C**t of him for 80 minutes. Came down a peg or 2 that night. That was good to watch

I don’t watch it, just listen, so I can’t see Slaney, but it sounded like a man who had a heavy weekend on the Colombian marching powder.

Thought that was a horrendous watch and Ford Kiernan only made a tit of himself imo

You think so?

I thought it was just Kiernan sussing Slane as the dressing room smart arse and doing a number on him.

It won’t have been anything Slane himself hasn’t done to numerous other quiet boys over the years.

No harm done, and if you can’t take it don’t dish it out etc.

Slaney is a caricature of the typical dhim, I think he only serves to undermine the same message that the usual hordes are trying validate on their dhimcasts.

Pretty bored of the recurring Griffiths, Di Canio and Graveson mentions/ stories every week. We get it, LG scores goals, Di Canio was a nutjob and Graveson was a weirdo.

Would prefer to listen to a Halliday and Ferry podcast. Those two hold it together. KK and Slaney have their moments but Slaney tries far far far too hard at points, it's getting painful. Whilst I like KK for the most part he can drift away and start talking absolute nonsense and gives Slaney the opportunity to be nothing more than a playground bully. Slaney admitting he couldn't name 5 Motherwell players was a low point. What's he even doing this for then? Stick to the story pods rather than the one that's meant to be discussing the weekend's action.

Thought that was a horrendous watch and Ford Kiernan only made a tit of himself imo

There is a reason that prick is barred from almost every pub in the west end.

Last edited:
Pretty bored of the recurring Griffiths, Di Canio and Graveson mentions/ stories every week. We get it, LG scores goals, Di Canio was a nutjob and Graveson was a weirdo.

Would prefer to listen to a Halliday and Ferry podcast. Those two hold it together, KK and Slaney have their moments but Slaney tries far far far too hard at points and it's getting painful and whilst I like KK for the most part he can drift away and start talking absolute nonsense and Slaney is nothing more than a playground bully. Slaney admitting he couldn't name 5 Motherwell players was a low point. What's he even doing this for then? Stick to the story pods rather than the one that's meant to be discussing the weekend's action.

There is a reason that prick is barred from almost every pub in the west end.
I worked with someone recently who done quite a bit of acting work with Kiernan. Had absolutely nothing good to say about the guy and said that the vast majority of people he’s worked with are the same and can’t stand him

I worked with someone recently who done quite a bit of acting work with Kiernan. Had absolutely nothing good to say about the guy and said that the vast majority of people he’s worked with are the same and can’t stand him
He bullied slaney, while he is a bit of a prick you could see he was a fan of still game.

Slaney is an ignorant wee rat. Sits with his back completely to Kyle and never engages with him. Wish kyle flung him about like an empty tracky.
% agree. He's like a wee boy at school that doesn't like someone. Trying to talk over him and turning his back. I used to really enjoy watching it but it's getting worse. They need to get rid of slaney, and just wheel him out for some daft comedy bits and pieces because he offers nothing from a football perspective.

Windass still texting Pedro... what the %^*&!

I don’t know why some of yous get so wound up by this show, don’t take it serious, it all just got a laugh

That was just a celtic special. Used to enjoy Open Goal but recently been finding myself switching off half way through as there is zero mention of us or very little.
Plus that wee pot holed face rat is really starting to annoy me with his bitterness.

The chat is terrible on the English football podcast they're doing. Get it in the bin.

They need to get some seasoned English ex players in and ditch slaney. He couldn’t name any of the current Kilmarnock squad on a recent podcast so his input on that will be even worse.

Stop pandering to them Andy ffs

“I think Rangers and Celtic could beat anyone there left in the Europa home and away “

It's gone downhill funny stories about Di Canio and Graveson can only go on so long, seriously falls down on the lack of football knowledge of the presenters although Ferry seems to know his stuff.
Has also been a bit depressing since they realised they were not going to win their games in hand and beat us twice.

It's gone downhill funny stories about Di Canio and Graveson can only go on so long, seriously falls down on the lack of football knowledge of the presenters although Ferry seems to know his stuff.
Has also been a bit depressing since they realised they were not going to win their games in hand and beat us twice.
Need to start rotating presenters to save it.

same nonsense from slaney week in week out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back