Open Goal Podcast

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice one mate. Are the tables allocated or do you just pick your own when you get there?
Pick your table. We went on Tuesday and the doors opened at 3pm. We started queuing at 2.30pm and were second in the queue. Was mobbed not long after so would recommend getting early to get good seat. Also everything including paying and ordering drinks is all carried out through the SWG3 app so download that first. Also when you order food or drinks it gives you an estimated time of the drinks/food arriving but we never waited more than 10 minutes for our drinks order, and about 20 minutes for the food.

Love the Open Goal interviews with Si Ferry but must say I'm not a big fan of the shit with Kevin Kyle & Slaney...both idiots who seem to almost play characters nowadays.

Hopeless Richard Foster in full “freedum” mode on today’s pod. I got a yes tattoo when I played at Rangers….
I found it more weird that Amy never once mentioned the team she supported when she has nailed her colours to the mast previously.

I like open goal but I guarantee Septic questions would be asked had a jungle been on, although it could also be her not wanting to cause division.

Last edited:
Apologies for a slight derail - but for those who enjoy the interview open goal podcasts, should check out under the cosh. English based, but there's some excellent interviews on it, the Mark Crossley one is brilliant and Si Ferrys on it is also very good.
I'll 2nd that while a enjoy open goal undr the cosh is far superior some of the stories have you howling with laughter

The interviews are excellent, Si is brilliant at letting people speak and gets a lot out of them. Some of the stories have genuinely had me laughing out loud.

The podcasts though? Not for me.

Football podcasts are genuinely all I listen to, so call me boring but I want to come away having learned something from them and this isn’t the case with OG. There’s at least two of them who know less about football than your average fan.

I can see why people would like it though.

I'm a bit like this. I listen to loads of football pods, although after listening to Michael Cox talking about intricate details that virtually no one notices I do enjoy a bit of Open Goal as it's mostly light hearted stuff.

I find it weird that people have a go at them for not being serious when there are literally hundreds of podcasts that are serious and go in depth on tactics etc. It's never claimed to be that type of podcast.

Love the Open Goal interviews with Si Ferry but must say I'm not a big fan of the shit with Kevin Kyle & Slaney...both idiots who seem to almost play characters nowadays.

I don't have anything against Kevin Kyle and actually like the way he talks about our club in general. He does though come across as the old guy in the pub that's sat at the young teams table and trying to fit in.

Always get the impression he was proud to play for us and that's enough for me.

I’ve enjoyed the daily Euro’s videos on YouTube I must say. The live shows I reckon would be a good laugh and most of them look sold out now.

I’ll put the tin hat on before I get called a dimwit / Celtic sympathiser / IRA donor.

I found it more weird that Amy never once mentioned the team she supported when she has nailed her colours to the mast previously.

I like open goal but I guarantee Septic questions would be asked had a jungle been on, although it could also be her not wanting to cause division.
Probably told to reign it in given it’s ran by Tims. More likely though given she’s a nationalist idiot she thinks she’s above Rangers.

Would listen to Leigh Griffith's before I would listen to Foster and McDonald, no interest in what they have to say. From what I'm reading on here aswell, unsurprisingly they managed to get there wee bit in about independence.

She doesn’t support Rangers anymore. Her nationalism has taken over.

Got a works nights out next Friday to the live shows. What’s the script? Can you get food and are they any good?

She used to get horrific abuse on Twitter, sometimes warranted sometimes not. Doubt she gives a toss anymore.

It's a bit strange she never mentions us

She was on a podcast for Scotland at the Euros. Am I the only one not surprised at her not mentioning Rangers? I don't think they’ve really spoke to anyone at length about club stuff on the daily ones
Wasn't even a question asked about club football towards her and as you say they were on talking about Scotland, the euros itself and then about her music.

The continuing breaking into song and nearly bursting my eardrums is really fucking annoying though

Had to turn the Windass one off near the end the other day. The Gary Holt song when a train goes by is almost as bad as "that fence looks like a shark" in terms of patter.

Downloaded the Rooney one for my flight later. If it's shite, I'm blocking @OohAhHuistra on here :D

Went to the show last night and it was McAvennie who was the guest. It’s basically a sing song a random text on of their phones a game of head tennis and 4 or 5 stories. It’s a decent laugh, the foods good and the drink is reasonably priced. If it’s a nice night and a good game that’s on then it’s probably worth it if you like the podcast

Went to the show last night and it was McAvennie who was the guest. It’s basically a sing song a random text on of their phones a game of head tennis and 4 or 5 stories. It’s a decent laugh, the foods good and the drink is reasonably priced. If it’s a nice night and a good game that’s on then it’s probably worth it if you like the podcast
Boy from my bus was at one the other night and going by his Snapchat’s it looked a good laugh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back