Opposing fans reaction to our national anthem

They certainly did. I recall at Hampden against NI in the early 70's getting told to stand up(we were in the old north stand) when they played it. Respect was shown when we played Wales or NI but it was raucously booed against England and that's when a large proportion of Scotland fans were Bluenoses.
That’s going back a while now!

I still support the national team but rarely go to games anymore, there are so many teuchters now come down. Between that and hating of all things Rangers it does my nut in. But I still support the team and want them to do well.

The singing of the national anthem each and every 89th minute is a curious thing in all honesty.

Agree with the others who say it’s boo’d simply because we sing it.

The couple of minutes that God Save the Queen and Flower of Scotland were being sung at each other was one of the most cringeworthy things I've ever heard at one of our games.

Polsters family must have been sitting there thinking what the %^*& is going on here.

The couple of minutes that God Save the Queen and Flower of Scotland were being sung at each other was one of the most cringeworthy things I've ever heard at one of our games.

Polsters family must have been sitting there thinking what the %^*& is going on here.

They were probably thinking that the whole game tbh.

Pity those tickets couldn't have went to proper fans.

It’s happened for years at our games are you a young pup? I’ve been following rangers since the early 90s and it’s been happening since then.

They were probably thinking that the whole game tbh.

Pity those tickets couldn't have went to proper fans.

We where just along from us my mate got his picture with polsters misses at half time. They seemed to be in good spirits. All had rangers tops on was nice to see even though polster wasn’t playing.

We where just along from us my mate got his picture with polsters misses at half time. They seemed to be in good spirits. All had rangers tops on was nice to see even though polster wasn’t playing.

I know it's just the way it is that players' families get tickets but it just winds me up knowing how high the demand is for away games amongst our fans. Polster's bird getting a ticket for the piggery last season when he wasn't even on the bench was annoying.

The Scottish national side used to play GSTQ before games. I think this was changed in the late 1970's, early 1980's. ? Older fans can confirm.
remember seeing andy stewart sing GSTQ at internationals in the sixties v england .if you watch american sports they beat their anthem to death at every game till it becomes pointless .personally dont like it .

It’s just the small minded nation we live in. I’m a proud Scotsman who will sing FOS at games, I’m a proud Brit who will sing GSTQ. (I’m also proudly European but that’s a different matter). But the last decade or so (since the Scottish nazi party came to power) i feel I’m made to be not a true Scotsman if I sing GSTQ and I’m hounded by rangers fans if I attend Scotland games. The referendum in 2014 has drove a divide down our country that I don’t think we can ever heal.
This sounds like me too!

I live in Scotland, it's more divided than its been in all my 50 years, it is hating itself to death

I agree, but the most divided country you have ever known, as he said? That’s ridiculous, look at Ireland, Croatia, Serbia, or South Africa, we are nowhere near that level. Very rarely does the argument in this country turn violent.

I agree, but the most divided country you have ever known, as he said? That’s ridiculous, look at Ireland, Croatia, Serbia, or South Africa, we are nowhere near that level. Very rarely does the argument in this country turn violent.
So far but imo violence is coming

So far but imo violence is coming

What are you basing that on? We had a referendum in which the debate got heated many times, but I don’t recall a single time even a skirmish broke out. But, soon we are going to be at Serbian, Irish or South African levels of violence, with bombs being planted to kill children and people having their limbs ripped from their bodies. That is what these countries are like, that is real division, Scotland is not and never will be at that level.

I say we carry on dinging GSTQ for as long as it winds up the haters. And once they stop booing (aka suggesting it winds them up) then we should carry on singing it because if they don't boo, they obviously agree!

It’s just the small minded nation we live in. I’m a proud Scotsman who will sing FOS at games, I’m a proud Brit who will sing GSTQ. (I’m also proudly European but that’s a different matter). But the last decade or so (since the Scottish nazi party came to power) i feel I’m made to be not a true Scotsman if I sing GSTQ and I’m hounded by rangers fans if I attend Scotland games. The referendum in 2014 has drove a divide down our country that I don’t think we can ever heal.

The indy ref nearly destroyed this country it split family's friends neighbours but it will heal as long as they're is not another one

I know in my family i was always the one who said no three others were said a little but since then and after what had happened in the country most of the vote was taken today would be no

like it or not this country hates us partly for who we are as a club and also partly for being the last true bastian of unionism in Scotland - its why we are constantly under attack with no defenders in politics.

It brings us to our own songs as a club we shouldn't be given the yesers the chance to demonise us like it or not its why they are doing it the worse they make us look the more chance to swing the vote to yes - they are only part of the problem we also have

The ones that truly hate us and will never change that ie are football rivals that in essence as a club we have moved on from the religious stuff but we give our enemies more ammunition with the add ons that most of don't really care about

celtic have never changed there thoughts they hate us to the core and we hate them but they are wiser in how they attack us and how play that side of the game.

Its a match that had a mask benefit to each other for the time being

What are you basing that on? We had a referendum in which the debate got heated many times, but I don’t recall a single time even a skirmish broke out. But, soon we are going to be at Serbian, Irish or South African levels of violence, with bombs being planted to kill children and people having their limbs ripped from their bodies. That is what these countries are like, that is real division, Scotland is not and never will be at that level.
i agree that there is a very distinct possibility that violence is coming.
there has a been a resurgence of protests at republican marches not seen since the heady days of the scottish loyalist movement in the 80's. this is reactionary to the continued onslaught on the PUL community and it's culture.

The SNP made it clear that the royals would still be in place in an independent scotland.

The boo-ers are just small minded ignoramouses.

Not forgetting that it’s the English national anthem as well as the UK’s which is what the bigotted morons are focussed on. Despite the claims that they’re not anti-English. The proof is very much there for all to hear.

The SNP made it clear that the royals would still be in place in an independent scotland.

The boo-ers are just small minded ignoramouses.

And you believed them? If they had got their way back in 2014 the royals would have been booted out not long after the vote.

Back