Oran Kearney St Mirren future in doubt

That would be a sickener for them, he's done well with Stubb's awful signings. Although (and I'm not a St boo fan in the slightest) it would be a heck of a backwards step to go to coleraine I would have thought.

Maybe. Not his choice and it's st mirren pushing him out be great for coleraine if he returns

Maybe. Not his choice and it's st mirren pushing him out be great for coleraine if he returns
Is that right? I don't know the ins and outs of it obviously but that's poor if true. As you say would be good news for coleraine if he returns. Didn't realise that Dean Shiels is there as well.

Is that right? I don't know the ins and outs of it obviously but that's poor if true. As you say would be good news for coleraine if he returns. Didn't realise that Dean Shiels is there as well.

I don't know for a fact but it would be strange after him giving his job up to take the st mirren job and keeping them when they looked down and out he has real potential as a good manager

Been known for a while that he's not really settled here, his family are still in NI and his teaching job has been left open for him if he wants to go back to Coleraine part time.

Kearney seems a decent manager and decent chap to me. If I recall rightly I’m sure he said in an interview after keeping St Boo up that his family are still in NI. So perhaps it’s as simple as him wanting to be back with his family? There are no football reasons that make sense for either him going back to Coleraine or St Boo wanting to get rid of him.

Kearney’s wife and kids don’t want to move to Scotland giving him a headache. Supposedly what he’d earn going back to teaching at cross and passion collage and the pay from Coleraine will be more than what he’s on at st mirren.

Coleraine seem to be in a right mess squad wise going by rumours, if I was him I’d stay where he’s at.

Don’t think you could say he’s ‘worked wonders’ - Dundee couldn’t win for love nor money and st Mirren just about survived those play offs games - which were undoubtedly the worst games I’ve watched in 2/3 years.

Kearney’s wife and kids don’t want to move to Scotland giving him a headache. Supposedly what he’d earn going back to teaching at cross and passion collage and the pay from Coleraine will be more than what he’s on at st mirren.

Coleraine seem to be in a right mess squad wise going by rumours, if I was him I’d stay where he’s at.
Heard his wife is terribly homesick and Jim Goodwin will get job if available.

That would be a sickener for them, he's done well with Stubb's awful signings. Although (and I'm not a St boo fan in the slightest) it would be a heck of a backwards step to go to coleraine I would have thought.

He took a 2 year career break from his teaching job to take the St Mirren job so could see him taking the pay off and going back no bother

I was chatting with him on a flight over to the Vienna game at Ibrox

He seemed happy enough then with 2 or 3 flights a week depending on the fixtures he wasn't missing that much family life

Even said he would be home quicker sometimes than an away game to Warrenpoint :D

Done a decent job there keeping them up. Results seemed to take an upturn when he was able to bring in his own players.

But...........bear in mind the following:

St Mirren sacked:
Alex Ferguson
Alex Smith (after winning Scottish Cup)
Gus MacPherson (after taking them to league cup final)
Danny Lennon (after winning league cup).

So, we are not talking knowledgable people in the boardroom here.

Oh - and Tony Fitzpatrick recently said they were a top 4 (or 6) club!

zI23YwQ.gif

if he has any ambition in football, he would be staying with st boo,,another half decent season with them and his stock will rise,,if he goes back to NI then he'll stay there for good

He’s done a decent job there. If he does leave St Boo it would surely be his decision and not the club pushing him out.

Blinky made such an utter cunt of it that survival for them was some sort of minor miracle but they are going to be paying for his mistakes for at least another year.

Kearney probably hasn't been given a budget due to all the payoffs and signings they had to make in the middle of last season and is looking to walk.

It would be a mistake for St.Boo to let him walk, he's a good manager.

I have a friend who is a season tkt holder at st boo and says that stubbs fuuked up the whole scenario at his club with the bulk of the teams really poor signings.

Haven't spoken to him since end of season but sent a well done on keepin thompsons vile mob doon.

His family are in N Ireland, he would get his job back at the school in Ballycastle, manager back at Coleraine 2 wages and he is home every night with the family no brainer for me imo

I don't know for a fact but it would be strange after him giving his job up to take the st mirren job and keeping them when they looked down and out he has real potential as a good manager

I believe the teachers job was on hold while he was on leave of absence

His family are in N Ireland, he would get his job back at the school in Ballycastle, manager back at Coleraine 2 wages and he is home every night with the family no brainer for me imo
It's a no brainer if he has no ambition to progress in the game. If he's content to manage in his home country for the rest of his career then fair enough it would be the best decision. That's not meant as a dig btw, as poor as St Mirren are they're playing in a platform that's a few levels up from the NIFL prem.

Back