Oranjee Day

Wand Of A Right Foot

Great day massacaring the scum from the North, great colours in the stands and here’s a wee ditty for Sheepy since they like songs about injured players, ‘Oh Jim Leighton got fucked in the face, the sheep are a disgrace”.

I'm going to diverge from the norm here, I think Leighton getting injured gave the game a surreal quality. From that moment we were always going to win, and for me it dragged the normal tension out of the match.

Was one of the first times they insisted on getting more tickets. Their ticket office was even open on the morning of the game for general sale. Big block of empty seats at the back of their section. Remember the pricks doing congas during the game
Was surreal, Robbie Winters in goal. We could have had more if we had pushed

Anybody got a picture of the follow follow magazine with picture on the front of the fans from the orange cup final

We got complimentary tickets in the main stand. Absolutely buzzing before kickoff, turned around and there was David Murray and Sean Connery two rows behind- better tickets than James Bond and not a worry about the result! Wonderful day.

Dodds running into the post at the 4th has me pishing myself. Wee fanny.

Should have been a cricket score.

Dunno how much of a difference Bandy being in goal would have made. Winters was only really to blame for the first one and actually pulled off some decent saves.

Remember the mibbes ayes mibbes naws chant thousands of us sang as Dalglish was having weekly meltdowns? Everyone was belting it out as we poured out the stadium.

Its actually refreshing to see a sheep team not hit the deck when a rangers player looks at them. Mcinnes has brought a new level of scumbag about them

Went corporate that day. Lunch at Ibrox the onto the Parks of Hamilton bus to Hampden. Each punter was given an Orange Lilly before getting on the bus and bought an orange scarf at Hampden, which went well with my dark blue suit.

Great day; after Leighton got taken off there was a period when our players kind of stopped playing with any intensity. The Wee General immediately was out on the touchline remonstrating at the players and pointing at their goal.

Fabulous

We really should have scored many more goals, Winters had a blinder. With all the chances we had I think we would have put more past bandy legs Leighton.

I remember heading to Agenda (now a Tesco?) just up from the hospital prior to the game for a few pints. They had bouncers on the door that insisted that our orange tops were covered prior to entering the boozer. Done that and allowed in. Once inside it was like a sea of orange though!!!

Brilliant day out and great result!

Back