Orchard Bar Giffnock

Number_9

Any idea what the expected clientele would be in here for the game against them next Wednesday?

Any idea what the expected clientele would be in here for the game against them next Wednesday?

Mainly us, but it's the one in the area that will have the highest percentage of them.

Don't always show old firm games either.

Think Richard Foster and his mates and vegans

d65e52842b2f2782098a7de045969f00.gif

Was going to the games in there before lock down mostly that other lot watching our games. Used to be a good Rangers pub not any longer. Got into arguments a few times last game I watched at the OP was the Hearts cup game at Tynecastle.

Eaglesham Masonic just off Polnoon Street is a good spot, wee bit further out the way though. I used to watch Rangers matches in the OP, seemed we had the majority and never any hassle. Linen is Shawlands is another shout.

When I was a lad (before the war and all that) a Tim wouldn’t have been allowed within a mile of the Reshurst. Hope it’s still the case.

It's changed to more of an event venue now (weddings etc) and it no longer welcomes hordes of Rangers supporters to watch games.
In fact, it discourages it.

That's all of the McDonald, Redhurst (Clarkston RSC venues), plus the Railway Tavern Busby and Mearns British Legion (the old Graham Roberts bus venues) all gone now mate.

There's other new pubs that lean our way, in the Mearns, Clarkston and Busby, but you would've been long gone before they were built.

Busby Masonic can still see a couple hundred in for a big weekend game and Giffnock North Club gets decent numbers in too.

Last time I had the same dilemma the Orchard Park nor the Redhurst were showing the game, thankfully a mate had the game so watched it at his.

It's changed to more of an event venue now (weddings etc) and it no longer welcomes hordes of Rangers supporters to watch games.

That's all of the McDonald, Redhurst (Clarkston RSC venues), plus the Railway Tavern Busby and Mearns British Legion (the old Graham Roberts bus venues) all gone now mate.

There's other new pubs that lean our way, in the Mearns, Clarkston and Busby, but you would've been long gone before they were built.

Busby Masonic can still see a couple hundred in for a big weekend game and Giffnock North Club gets decent numbers in too.
Where do the Clarkston RSC meet now mate if the Redhurst have upped their game?

I watched one of our European games in there and the tims were on at 5:30 and our game was on after.
The tims were vocal in their support but buggered off when the game was over and the Bluenoses took over for our game at 8pm.

Last edited:

Is Giffnock North club the one just round from the train station past the JW building?

Busby Masonic mostly. They still pick up from the Redhurst though.
Cheers, I’ve just joined the Mearns Bowling Club & RBL at Mearns Cross in the last year. The club is very much underused and membership is on the low side for both organisations. The last football bus they had in was a huge success, might’ve been when Kenny Shields Kilmarnock done one over them-baffles me why a social club just off the M77 cannot attract Supporters Clubs in before a match day.

Where do the Clarkston RSC meet now mate if the Redhurst have upped their game?

We still pick up outside the Redhurst mate, but Busby Masonic is the main pick up.
Plenty drink in Monteiths too and some in the Overlee.

Last edited by a moderator:
Cheers, I’ve just joined the Mearns Bowling Club & RBL at Mearns Cross in the last year. The club is very much underused and membership is on the low side for both organisations. The last football bus they had in was a huge success, might’ve been when Kenny Shields Kilmarnock done one over them-baffles me why a social club just off the M77 cannot attract Supporters Clubs in before a match day.
It may be a good shout to get in touch with some Ulster supporters clubs, especially if either allow kids in. The options for those with kids is limited to the Wee Rangers Club and Tradeston Ex-servicemans I believe.

The M77 is what's killed it mate.

When it was the old A77, you would need to pass the door of the Mearns Bowling Club, if you were coming from Ayrshire to Ibrox or Hampden.

I think the guys that own the OP are Jewish brother with slight Rangers leanings. That could be outdated or wrong.

Clarkston bus is a fine bus. Been on many trips with them. Such a well run bus. Sad to hear to great pubs in their area have either closed or taken a step back from football fans.

We still pick up outside the Redhurst mate, but Busby Masonic is the main pick up.
Plenty drink in Monteiths too and some in the Overlee.

A lot of the lads though (including myself) will be down KP in the Grapes on matchdays.
Good man, there’s a fair amount of Bears at the upper end of the Mearns towards the cross, I see there is a CSC that collects at the bus stop just opposite the Avenue. I’m normally down in to Ibrox in the car with one or two others but might utilise the Redhurst pickup!

It may be a good shout to get in touch with some Ulster supporters clubs, especially if either allow kids in. The options for those with kids is limited to the Wee Rangers Club and Tradeston Ex-servicemans I believe.
Absolutely mate, considering I’m an Ulsterman and there is a spot opening up on the bowling club committee for social functions it could be the perfect venue for a pre match sash bash :)

Good man, there’s a fair amount of Bears at the upper end of the Mearns towards the cross, I see there is a CSC that collects at the bus stop just opposite the Avenue. I’m normally down in to Ibrox in the car with one or two others but might utilise the Redhurst pickup!

Half a dozen of them on a good day mate.
Don't even go to away games either.

Last edited by a moderator:
Absolutely mate, considering I’m an Ulsterman and there is a spot opening up on the bowling club committee for social functions it could be the perfect venue for a pre match sash bash :)
They might not thank you for it though. We had some in a bowling club near Hampden before the Semi and they had been on the bevvy/gear all night and were a right pain in the arse by mid-day. Only about half a dozen of them were wasted out of about 30, but by phuq were they a nuisance! :D

Shame the old places are gone. I had a lot of good mates from that area when I was at Eastwood and they were all good Bears. But it’s good to hear that new places are taking their place.

They might not thank you for it though. We had some in a bowling club near Hampden before the Semi and they had been on the bevvy/gear all night and were a right pain in the arse by mid-day. Only about half a dozen of them were wasted out of about 30, but by phuq were they a nuisance! :D
Hahaha fair one, might tread carefully with my suggestion! It’s a fair old session with an early morning start dropping pints on the boat, hitting the bowling club just after 12 and sinking what they can before 14:15!

Drink in the OP all the time but went there after we lifted the title in May for a few pints with my mate and got knocked back for wearing a blue top… bitter bastards hahaha

Back