Ostersund and Graeme Potter

Davidsmith1

Can we put this to bed now.
The hysteria a few months back on here from certain posters about him being our manager.
Pumped at home by Arsenal and this is no surprise.

Ffsake!!!

Porto got absolutely pumped by Liverpool.
Porto, a club that has defied all trends in the post egalitarian football world, as much as any club could!.
Yet the OP somehow thought that Ostersund and Graeme Potter, both who have exemplified the 'getting more from less' football theory, should somehow have withstood the overpowering wealth of Arsenal?

Ffsake!!! :eek:

My point is in the Mciness thread there were so many singing the praises of Potter and that he should be our manager which was preposterous.

Ffsake!!!

Porto got absolutely pumped by Liverpool.
Porto, a club that has defied all trends in the post egalitarian football world, as much as any club could!.
Yet the OP somehow thought that Ostersund and Graeme Potter, both who have exemplified the 'getting more from less' football theory, should somehow have withstood the overpowering wealth of Arsenal?

Ffsake!!! :eek:

The mentality of the op is why we will struggle to move forward. People can't accept where we are and will always be hugely critical and unhappy.

Izzit not the case up here where one team has aw the money and the rest are strugglin tae catch up.

We can contrast it as many ways we can, but that's the bottom line.

I can remember Graeme potter's name getn an airing on here, but like most potential RANGERS bosses the bigger the team he faces then the more scrutiny he is under.

He' s done a shit job. Won a few games in Europe that's it.

He's taken a rural team from the 4th division to the top level, won the cup, and qualified for the last 32 of the Europa League, all for a budget that wouldn't buy you Xhaka's left foot.

Not sure what you'd class as doing a good job.

The hysteria a few months back on here from certain posters about him being our manager.
Given their relative resources are a world and then some apart, that result was hardly a surprise and does not reflect badly on their manager. He's way too big a risk for us, but to diss him for losing to Arsenal is nonsense.

There may be many reasons for or against him, but getting beat by Arsenal is most certainly not a reason against.

He' s done a shit job. Won a few games in Europe that's it.

A shit job?!?! Are you for real? He took them from the 3rd tier in Swedish football to their top tier in consecutive seasons and has had big results in Europe. Arsenal are likely to win this cup, no shame in 3 nil considering some of the results we’ve seen this week!

Mind we had that chancer in charge when we got pumped by Unirea urziceni? What was name? Walter something...?

Cos one bad defeat in Europe makes you a bad manager. Lay off the moonshine OP

7 wins
3 draws
2 defeats
This season-in the Europa league,before tonight....just saying :)

Last edited:
He has done a decent job thus far and deserves a shot at a higher level.

He can hardly be blamed for losing to Arsenal given the vast gulf in resources.

Finally some sense ,another “Warbs” .

What has he got in common with Mark Warburton?

Suppose they’re both English, I’ll give you that.

Could be wrong but I don’t remember Mark taking a Swedish 3rd division team into the top league and European football.

I think you are being harsh mate - if you can’t recognise what he has achieved then you need to look closer!!

I can actually see him staying in Sweden but up the ladder to AIK or Malmo. The lifestyle is great in Sweden and the money is not bad. He will also get time in any job he goes to in Sweden , however if he goes to a Wigan or a Leeds he will get 6 months and jobless again.

Remember when the only platform mentalists had was whoever they could annoy at the bar in the pub ?

Lol, what a fool.

To be good enough to be our manager you need to beat Arsenal in Europe with a team who have existed for less time than Wenger has been Arsenal manager, in their debut European season, with no hefty financial backing and a squad whose highest paid player is on £1k a week.

Surely there's a plethora of managers fitting that criteria!

Back