Ostersund and Graeme Potter

What has he got in common with Mark Warburton?

Suppose they’re both English, I’ll give you that.

Could be wrong but I don’t remember Mark taking a Swedish 3rd division team into the top league and European football.

I wish no harm to potter but I’ll be amazed if he ever does anything of note ,way some people talk as if he’s going to be an amazing BPL manager one day ,no chance ,I don’t rate him one iota ,I respect him but not rate him .

I can actually see him staying in Sweden but up the ladder to AIK or Malmo. The lifestyle is great in Sweden and the money is not bad. He will also get time in any job he goes to in Sweden , however if he goes to a Wigan or a Leeds he will get 6 months and jobless again.

You mean he won't take Wigan climbing up the leagues, win cups and get them into Europe by making their players perform Swan Lake at the local miners club?

Apparently Potter shared a private plane home to the UK with Neil Lennon tonight. He's come down to earth with a fud.

Lennon was in the studio for the Celtic game, considering the Osterunds game finished 20 minutes before the tims game started, i'd suggest it was a physical impossibility.

Fukin hell OP arsenal are signing players like aubameyang and you expect a swedish team to compete? He's not a miracle worker. Arsenal would pump us aswell. Think you need to lay off the glue

He'd have been a better (and cheaper) gamble than Pedro but we can't afford another risky appointment.

A shit job?!?! Are you for real? He took them from the 3rd tier in Swedish football to their top tier in consecutive seasons and has had big results in Europe. Arsenal are likely to win this cup, no shame in 3 nil considering some of the results we’ve seen this week!
He didn' take them up in consecutive seasons that' s a lie. It took 3 or 4 seasons to get out of the 2nd tier.

He'd have been a better (and cheaper) gamble than Pedro but we can't afford another risky appointment.
Depends how you look at it.
If the choice was let Murty carry on for another year (which if we ain't scouting a manager now seems likely) or gamble on Potter and Reid?
Which is the better gamble?

Guys a fraud, can't believe he couldn't beat Arsenal.

There are players in the Arsenal squad earning twice Ostersunds record transfer fee in one week.

Can we put this to bed now.
The hysteria a few months back on here from certain posters about him being our manager.
Pumped at home by Arsenal and this is no surprise.

GIven your precious postings it’s clear that unless the next manager is Scottish , you won’t like them .

You come across as xenophobic

GIven your precious postings it’s clear that unless the next manager is Scottish , you won’t like them .

You come across as xenophobic
Hardly since I stated at the time before Murtys appointment that Gio or FDB is my preferred long term manager.

OP is 100% on the money. WHO IS THIS GUY AND WHAT HAS HE ACHIEVED?!?1 I have never heard of him. That Wenger fellow at Arsenal he'd do well. Or Conte? They have ACHIEVED things I have heard of.

:p

Regardless of if you want him to be our manager or not. He has done an incredible job.

Moronic thread this.

Davie.........

.......Davie!

Davie.......... Davie.......... Davie!

Davie - away to your bed son.

Can we put this to bed now.
The hysteria a few months back on here from certain posters about him being our manager.
Pumped at home by Arsenal and this is no surprise.
What kind of post is this ? because of one game everything else he has achieved doesn't matter ? should we have put Tav to bed after giving away that penalty against Hibs ?

Tragic post

Davie son, you have had a stinker here, everyone thinks your mental for posting this nonsense.:)

Hardly since I stated at the time before Murtys appointment that Gio or FDB is my preferred long term manager.

Guys like pruedhomme etc where mentioned and you kept saying “they shouldn’t be Rangers manager and rightly so “

I should’ve mentioned the only guys you wanted were either Scottish or if foreign had a connection to Rangers .

The replies on this thread merely reinforce the notion that you’re a plank:D

Depends how you look at it.
If the choice was let Murty carry on for another year (which if we ain't scouting a manager now seems likely) or gamble on Potter and Reid?
Which is the better gamble?

If we're not actively looking for a more experienced manager then yes, potter and Reid would probably be less of a gamble than murty.

Apart from seeing his name on a poll of who should be the next manager on here i haven't heard anything else :D

Had never even heard of him until that point.

He didn' take them up in consecutive seasons that' s a lie. It took 3 or 4 seasons to get out of the 2nd tier.

“Since its creation, the club has played mostly in the third tier of Swedish football but in 2013 Östersund achieved promotion to the second tier, Superettan, for the first time ever, after achieving two consecutive promotions,[3] and since 2016 they played in the Swedish first tier, Allsvenskan.”

Apologies I misread from the above. It was not consecutive to the top tier, Potter is therefore clearly a shite manager as he could not take an otherwise pub team from the bottom of Seweedish football to the top tier and into Europe beating the likes of Galatasary, Althletic Bilbao and Hertha Berlin in consecutive seasons!

His achievements become even more interesting when you realise where Ostersund actually is. It’s a tiny remote town so far north in Sweden that professional footballers don’t want to move there. So it was very hard for him to build a team.

Dave mate were you on the p*ss last night?

At least i can mark your future posts on anything football related to "ignore".

His achievements become even more interesting when you realise where Ostersund actually is. It’s a tiny remote town so far north in Sweden that professional footballers don’t want to move there. So it was very hard for him to build a team.
The Scottish equivalent would be Peterhead

Bump.....
542.gif

Back