Oswalds City Centre

Was in yesterday afternoon! Brian said they wernt expecting it to be so busy and they were rushed off there feet, wont make that mistake again haha

I love the fact that we have an actual Rangers boozer in the city centre. The fact that it replaces a mentally challenged slophouse is a bonus.

where is this place, what does it replace? Looking forward to checking it out.

Big shout out to the staff and all the Bears for a warm welcome. Was in after the game last night and the place was rocking kudos for opening a pub we can use in the city centre will be making regular visits.
Was a great atmosphere and laugh last night topped of with the barmaids doing the Coyote Ugly tribute!

where is this place, what does it replace? Looking forward to checking it out.
It’s on Oswald Street which is one way northbound, accessible from Broomielaw.
If you carry on northbound thru Argyle Street, Oswald Street becomes Hope Street (Alpen Lodge etc).
It used to be a mentally challenged slop house called Kelly’s.
I dropped my son off at Oswald’s last night and he’s still buzzing from the atmosphere. He had a great night, he said the place was jumping.

Been known to pop in a lunchtime for a wee Strongbow or two, Great wee boozer that has the tunes on most afternoons

I was in yesterday at around 6.30 for a quick pint for first time (Goram was in yesterday aswell but i didnt see him) It's a proper rangers pub,Pic of Gerrard/Doddie behind the counter, everyone in colours/scarfs and rangers stuff everywhere.It's a Rangers pub full stop not a match day type of Rangers pub.The Service was quick aswell.

Barmaids were friendly but OTT with policing the add on's though.The playlist was just Penny Arcade/Rangers easy Ok/Follow follow when i was in. During Follow follow the barmaid was watching my lips even though i wasn't singing out loud. She gave me the eye through a crowd when she could see i was mouthing FTP. Does Anyone who goes in more than me,know if they play any cultural songs or even number one platoon or anything ?

I was in yesterday at around 6.30 for a quick pint for first time (Goram was in yesterday aswell but i didnt see him) It's a proper rangers pub,Pic of Gerrard/Doddie behind the counter, everyone in colours/scarfs and rangers stuff everywhere.It's a Rangers pub full stop not a match day type of Rangers pub.The Service was quick aswell.

Barmaids were friendly but OTT with policing the add on's though.The playlist was just Penny Arcade/Rangers easy Ok/Follow follow when i was in. During Follow follow the barmaid was watching my lips even though i wasn't singing out loud. She gave me the eye through a crowd when she could see i was mouthing FTP. Does Anyone who goes in more than me,know if they play any cultural songs or even number one platoon or anything ?

Maybe said barmaid fancied you lol

WATP

I went to go in yesterday just before 5, it was far too busy - brilliant when not rammed though.

Me and my mate are in a dilemma whether to try here or the auctioneers, i finish uni at 3 so can be in any boozer at a reasonable time and hopefully get a seat for me and my mate

Popped in yesterday around half 5 for one and could it was snug to say the least, good to have a gers bar in town, only downside is the size. Im sure I seen a post somewhere saying theres an upstairs, is that true?

Popped in yesterday around half 5 for one and could it was snug to say the least, good to have a gers bar in town, only downside is the size. Im sure I seen a post somewhere saying theres an upstairs, is that true?
Yes they opened it when it was busy the other night, again helps keep bit more space for downstairs albeit its still snug. Post had mentioned add ons need to box very clever however I can assure you the all the war tunes were flowing last night

Couple of tims in quietly celebrating the St Johnstone equaliser today...

No pub can realistically stop that. But to the Bear who they came in to meet, if you frequent this site, WTF were you thinking? Before we even get to how creepy they are for accepting your invite to meet there during our game.

Faces like fizz when we took lead and couldn’t quite contain themselves at the equaliser clinching each other saying ‘THAT’S IT, THAT’S IT’.

Takes a right odd kind of person...

No pub can realistically stop that. But to the Bear who they came in to meet, if you frequent this site, WTF were you thinking? Before we even get to how creepy they are for accepting your invite to meet there during our game.

Faces like fizz when we took lead and couldn’t quite contain themselves at the equaliser clinching each other saying ‘THAT’S IT, THAT’S IT’.

WTF they honestly are an odd breed

Should have fucked them out

Back