Oswald's Glasgow

I was in for the Hibs away match just before Christmas. Was a good atmosphere up the stairs but absolutely rammed. Luckily we had seats.

I was in the Town last week and went in for a couple of pints for a reccy. Compact but enjoyed a peruse of the memorabilia and it's only £3 a pint.

I was in for the Hibs away match just before Christmas. Was a good atmosphere up the stairs but absolutely rammed. Luckily we had seats.
Been in a few times and never realised there was an upstairs. £3 pints cloud your vision !!!. TBH enjoyed it. Nice staff and a bluenose clientele

Always wondered where a place like that picks up its regulars from. Assume you have to be quite rich to live locally in the centre of town and it was always full of jakies.

Always wondered where a place like that picks up its regulars from. Assume you have to be quite rich to live locally in the centre of town and it was always full of jakies.

I'm guessing mostly folk that work there rather than live there.

Edit.. obviously not the Jakey's.

Was in after our Old Firm victory and loved it,tunes on everyone having a great sash bash birds dancing on top of bar.Only downside is it's so small and cramped when a decent amount of folk in

A Rangers pub in the City Centre superb long overdue hopefully gets the footfall. I will give it a try this Saturday, £3 a pint is also very welcomed.

As an aside The Toby Jug now lets filth in when it is Europa League night...we're in watching our game and tramps are in the bar. Bizarre.

Gave up city centre pubs after billy sold The Nile. Will need to check out Oswalds

Was in there the night it opened. Didn’t realise it was going to be a bluenose bar. Will definitely be lending my support.

I don't think it was meant to be as they were openly advertising filth games being shown there at first.

I know some were wary because of the pub it used to be, but I haven't heard a bad review. Need to give it a try.

As an aside The Toby Jug now lets filth in when it is Europa League night...we're in watching our game and tramps are in the bar. Bizarre.
dont think this is a recent thing ,a couple of years ago when we beat the sheep at Ibrox a couple of weeks before xmas, the mentally challengeds game at motherwell was an early kick off, i got in for a pint and their game was 3-3 in the last minute or so, gets to the bar to order a drink and big cheer goes up, i assumed a winner for motherwell, nah ,mentally challengeds had won it at the death,changed my opinion of that pub that day, i do realise that they can drink where they like, but i would have thought a pub that has a reputation of being a bears minded pub could make things uncomfortable for mentally challengeds to visit, seemingly this isnt the case

You ever walked in wearing colours to a Celtic pub when they're packed in?

I just found it odd and a bit sad. They have lots of shit pubs to stink out.

I thought I saw a sign saying no football colours allowed the last time I was in.

I'd say it's more an issue why a Tim would want to be in the pub rather than the pub allowing it, it's really just a normal pub in town they will take money from anyone.

I was in there a couple of weeks ago - not a match night, was going to a gig in Audio - and didn't even realise it had an upstairs!

Back