Other Scottish teams you didn't mind before they all voted against us?

AndythephotoDr

When I was younger there were a number of teams who I had not a fondness for but a bit of respect. Would watch them on telly if they were playing and quite enjoyed them.

Usually the teams had fairly strong links with Rangers in their playing squads or managers. Hearts, Motherwell and Kilmarnock spring to mind. Airdrie were another and because I'm a Dumfriesshire lad QOTS.

Like I'm sure most of you out there all that has pretty much vanished as Rangers don't seem to get much respect in return these days regardless of what we have done for Scottish football. I'm sure politics of the day is mainly to blame but it does surprise me with everything that has went on at Parkhead that Celtic seem to be held in a higher regard by the support of some clubs.

Who were the clubs you didn't mind and what were the reasons for it. Hearts were the one team that I really wanted one of their shirts as a kid because so many ex rangers players played for them

Whisper it......... I enjoyed us playing Hibs in the late 60's and early 70's. They had a cracking side then. Can easily rhyme off their team. Always very tight and exciting games and of course they gave us Colin Stein! Also cheered Aberdeen on their way to winning the ECWC. How times have changed.

When I was younger there were a number of teams who I had not a fondness for but a bit of respect. Would watch them on telly if they were playing and quite enjoyed them.

Usually the teams had fairly strong links with Rangers in their playing squads or managers. Hearts, Motherwell and Kilmarnock spring to mind. Airdrie were another and because I'm a Dumfriesshire lad QOTS.

Like I'm sure most of you out there all that has pretty much vanished as Rangers don't seem to get much respect in return these days regardless of what we have done for Scottish football. I'm sure politics of the day is mainly to blame but it does surprise me with everything that has went on at Parkhead that Celtic seem to be held in a higher regard by the support of some clubs.

Who were the clubs you didn't mind and what were the reasons for it. Hearts were the one team that I really wanted one of their shirts as a kid because so many ex rangers players played for them
Like you I'm a Dumfriesshire boy so I had soft spot for Queens growing up ,still do to a certain extent but never been to one of their games unless they were playing us .

Like you I'm a Dumfriesshire boy so I had soft spot for Queens growing up ,still do to a certain extent but never been to one of their games unless they were playing us .
Mate I'm like you in the sense that I've been to Palmerston a good few times it's always been when Rangers were in town. I still try to keep an eye out for their score at the weekends.

I remember watching Dundee Utd beating Barcelona home and away and being utterly delighted, in fact I would’ve certainly have wanted most Scottish teams to do well in Europe.

Post 2012 and the vitriol directed at us, no chance of that now.

Never forget, or forgive.

I was much the same, I never supported Celtic, Aberdeen or Hibs in Europe but I didnt mind Dundee United having that run. Now they can all %^*& off

None, was always Rangers and the reserves for me, on the odd occasion I would watch the Bens.
That surprises me a wee bit but maybe it's a wee bit different for folks being born outside of Glasgow who maybe have another local league side in their vicinity.

Kilmarnock are a team that I had a liking for as Rugby park was where I first saw Rangers and that most of my adult life I've lived in Hurlford where there is a real mesh of Killie and Rangers fans

I used to have a softish spot for Hearts, mainly because a sizeable minority of my family are Hearts fans and I thought the club and fans shared many of our values.

Not any more though; I despise them. In fairness, they do have a lot of good guys and lassies supporting them, but not to the same extent as they used to. And they stabbed us in the back in 2012. Many of their fans are delusional as well, full of bravado, “we’re going to pump you on Saturday” and ultimately we destroy them.

Liked Albion Rovers, Dunfermline and Kilmarnock when I was young because I thought their strips looked good. Always wanted Scottish teams to do well in Europe. Was pretty gutted when Dundee Utd lost to IFK in the EUFA final.

Clyde, poss, as my old man played for them when they beat the scum in the 54 cup final. Tommy A . Captain - bit off the subject but he was invited to Septic park to see Clyde v them. Took me along, walking into the main entrance I just followed the group in front, proceeded to go round the big F..kin shamrock! Quickly put straight by the old man - walked straight across the shite - scuffing our feet. Killie also, as we came from Galston but it was always and still is (thanks Da) the Famous.

Hearts as I enjoyed some great days out in Edinburgh when we played them, without any problems.

Kilmarnock as my late great uncle was chairman way back.

Anyone that was playing the mankies.

Changed days sadly :oops:

Cowdenbeath - won my first ever football coupon accumulator that my dad would put on after helping him do the window cleaning on a Saturday. That’s when 30 quid felt like 3000!

Hearts growing up as my dad yous to always drill into me the cousins of William
And killie , not sure if I use to follow them as super had went there

Killie we’re my Ayrshire team and I have a family connection to Motherwell through my grandfather,
It wasn’t that strong but it’s long gone now hate them all.

St Mirren were my dad and grandads team so i used to occasionally go to Love Street as a child and was at the cup final when Ferguson scored against Dundee Utd.

I remember watching Dundee Utd beating Barcelona home and away and being utterly delighted, in fact I would’ve certainly have wanted most Scottish teams to do well in Europe.

Post 2012 and the vitriol directed at us, no chance of that now.

Never forget, or forgive.

This!

Partick Thistle, as I lived straight across from Firhill in the early 70s. I was too young to go to the Rangers games on a regular basis with my oldman, so in the days of watching cars and then getting a lift over the turnstiles would allow me to watch football and may a couple of bob. That stopped however, when I moved over to Easterhouse in 1977.

Been to Tynecastle more than anywhere else out with Ibrox, lots of Hearts games with my mates including European games

Alloa although to be honest there is a lot more to it than just their vote as to why I dont have much time for them

Back