Other Teams Fans Singing Our Songs

Sticky Fingers

Not sure if there’s been a thread on this before but sitting watching Burnley vs The tranny lovers team, I can’t help but hear some of the fans signing “4 lads had a dream” or at least the tune of it.

is it just me or do you find the fans of English teams and sometimes the foreign teams tend to sing the same songs as us or even Using the tunes to our songs for their own?

Haha. I tend to find we use the same tunes as other teams actually.

The Sloop John B tune you refer to has been used by every team up and down the land for about 10 years.

This ^^ also can't remember the words now but about 2 seasons sgo i remember we had a song to the si senor tune liverpool and a few European teams sing never took off tho

Virtually nothing in this world is unique. As has been said above, we have no doubt stolen or borrowed our fair share of songs.

poets singing welcome to the party is embarrassing for them.
There main song the now is Stone Roses a wanna be Edouard.
A would love for us to sing a wanna be Gerrard just to piss the fuckers off.

Dozens of English clubs have been singing their versions of TBB for as long as i can remember

There’s very little originality when it comes to British football songs. There’s a few supports down south that are pretty clever with it but apart from that everything’s just copied and modified.
poets started singing the Baku song and Welcome to the Party after us, and they sang Tierney’s name to the Every Saturday We Follow tune before us. It’s just the way it goes.

Most songs nowadays will be tunes that other clubs use.

We have plenty of unique songs though.

Blue sea of Ibrox, every other Saturday, Follow Follow, plus all the cultural tunes.

Our songs for Borna and Alfie are pretty unique.

My nephew took in a junior game at Beith last year and he felt at home as the Beith fans were singing TBB throughout the game.

There are certain tunes that are just generic football songs where lyrics are adapted accordingly. Nothing new either.

I’d be surprised if most of our newer songs haven’t been pinched from elsewhere. Noticed it a lot in recent years with social media that tunes/songs are reworded as necessary up and down the country.

I’m sure man united sung a version of the billy boys for a while about 15 years ago. Definitely one of the English teams. I hated it. Despite everything else the song was far too rushed. But that was odd

This ^^ also can't remember the words now but about 2 seasons sgo i remember we had a song to the si senor tune liverpool and a few European teams sing never took off tho

I recorded this 10 years ago. It never took off.

I find Liverpool fans to be the worst for ripping off other clubs. Obviously not their main anthem but the rest of their songbook is lifted from other clubs..

Still find it odd to hear a couple of hundred Killie fans belting out TBB (or actually TKB) at Ibrox.

Back