Our “Duds”compared to Theirs

StuGers

As if the media hypocrisy wasn’t obvious enough, I always find it quite interesting how our “duds” are highlighted compared to theirs. The latest is Grezda. In his 13 games with us, he scored two and assisted one. Pretty poor for an outlay of £1.8m. The press like to keep highlighting this waste of money. Fair enough. Unless you look across the city at some of the duds they’ve signed that are never questioned. I was having a scout around Transfermarkt and noticed these guys who they have paid significant fees for but have horrendous returns - the press never even questions the signings of these true duds:

Vakoun Bayo (who!?). Signed for £2m last January. Played a grand total of 7 league games and 0 goals. Awful for a striker, especially at a top of the league club.

Marian Shved - signed for £1.8m at start of 2019, loaned back to his club then played a single league game this season.

Eboue Kouassi - signed for £3.15m in 2017. Started a total of zero games this season.

That’s £7m of complete duds that are never questioned by the press.

Hopefully this continued waste of money continues and it will see our squad continue to overtake theirs in quality whilst they bloat even further with players who don’t make the starting 11.

With Grezda, he was always in the spotlight due to other issues like the spitting thing, driving ban m, axing from national squad

They have a history of signing utter shite as well tbh.

Bolingoli (£3m).
Kouassi (£3.5m).
Simunovic (£6m).
Musonda (allegedly paid around £2m to take him on loan).
Jack Hendry (£1m).
Compper (£1m fee and a small fortune in wages).
Cifti (£1.5m).
Scepovic (who?) (£2m).
Boerrigter (£3m).
Amido Balde (who?) (£1.5m).
Bangura (£2m).
Juarez (£2.5m).
Fortune (£4m).

That's going back the last decade or so. Some absolute duds.

Greg Taylor as well £2,000,000 and can’t even make the match day squads most weeks. He is fast becoming the new Scott Allan.

Arzani got an extended loan deal even though he’s been injured for 90% of his time there.

The yahoos must have a wage bill pushing well past £65,000,000 a year now adding in the 2 new signings.

All it takes is Rangers to win the league this season and they’ll have to make massive cutbacks this summer. Suspect that’s why they are trying to throw money at Lennon right now. Rangers win the league and Lawwells £2.6m bonus is in serious trouble.

They'll have made most of it back in selling Armstrong, Dembele, Tierney and Van Dijk. They'll make enough to afford a few duds in Edouard too when they sell him. The big difference between Grezda and those players is that they're winning everything and they've sold players to offset the duds. We're lucky enough now to have 5 or 6 genuine assets but we still haven't sold any of them for a massive profit and we still haven't won anything. I also think that unless we are very good at it, we'll see a few Pena/Herrera type signings for the Kamara or Morelos that works out. I think it also reinforces that what you pay for a player is unimportant in relation to how much you spend on wages to keep them once they've performed to the required level.

To be fair to Bolingoli, at least he’s been getting playing time.

I never realised that’s how much they paid for Taylor! If that’s the case, he should definitely be on this list.

Bolingoli (£3m).
Kouassi (£3.5m).
Simunovic (£6m).
Jack Hendry (£1m).
Cifti (£1.5m).
Scepovic (who?) (£2m).
Boerrigter (£3m).
Bangura (£2m).
Juarez (£2.5m).
Fortune (£4m).

Thata bout £30m then the must be the same in wages.

We have had some right donkeys but they are right up there.

Add in Elhamed, Elyounoussi, Jullien (and soon to be Klimala, a diddy who can’t even score 1 in 2 in the polish league) and just about every single one of Lennon’s signings so far has been an utter flop.

Excellent.

This is why their myth of untold millions in the bank is just that.

Their signings even way back to Lennon's first spell have been really poor. Rodgers spent a tonne of cash and the vast majority of players in the core of his teams came from Lennon and Delia plus two or three youth players in McGregor, Forrest and Tierney.

I'd love to see their signings per season since 2012 and the total of utter shite that's gone through the door not to mention their massive wage bill.

They'll have made most of it back in selling Armstrong, Dembele, Tierney and Van Dijk. They'll make enough to afford a few duds in Edouard too when they sell him. The big difference between Grezda and those players is that they're winning everything and they've sold players to offset the duds. We're lucky enough now to have 5 or 6 genuine assets but we still haven't sold any of them for a massive profit and we still haven't won anything. I also think that unless we are very good at it, we'll see a few Pena/Herrera type signings for the Kamara or Morelos that works out. I think it also reinforces that what you pay for a player is unimportant in relation to how much you spend on wages to keep them once they've performed to the required level.

A very honest and fair reply. As much as I love the idea they should get the same grief as we do for decent money signing me like Pena and Grezda failing - they don’t for a multitude of reasons.

1- they have had successful huge profit deals like VVD, Armstrong, Tierney etc

2- they are winning trophies so a lot of hacks will turn a blind eye to their scattergun transfer approach.

3- they haven’t had the same financial issues we have had and them punting £3m on a player is a lot more run of a mill transaction than us doing it Post 2012. Hence more scrutiny on our deals as we are under a lot more pressure to deliver.

4- they have cheerleaders in the press who are just pushing out pro PR pieces for them.

Lots of posters will say it just number 4 that explains the disparity in coverage but I don’t think that’s strictly speaking true.

A very honest and fair reply. As much as I love the idea they should get the same grief as we do for decent money signing me like Pena and Grezda failing - they don’t for a multitude of reasons.

1- they have had successful huge profit deals like VVD, Armstrong, Tierney etc

2- they are winning trophies so a lot of hacks will turn a blind eye to their scattergun transfer approach.

3- they haven’t had the same financial issues we have had and them punting £3m on a player is a lot more run of a mill transaction than us doing it Post 2012. Hence more scrutiny on our deals as we are under a lot more pressure to deliver.

4- they have cheerleaders in the press who are just pushing out pro PR pieces for them.

Lots of posters will say it just number 4 that explains the disparity in coverage but I don’t think that’s strictly speaking true.

We'll get there when we start to move Morelos, Barisic, Kamara and others on too though. That offsets our Pena and Herrera / Grezda errors.

They're only winning things as they had a clear run to get a start on it all.

As soon as parity resumes and they don't have guaranteed access to that cash from the CL, the waste on all those players will look bad / be more scrutinised.

Doesn't matter for them, same as overheads. All that cash from player sales, season books and the Champions League from years ago, is just sitting in the bank/warchest. They'd have you believe that club runs on (not that) fresh air.

In fairness to those players they were entering a toxic environment. Think about it do you think and organization that covers up child abuse does not have other problems. When you have Lenny as a manager it is really not a nurturing environment either.

As if the media hypocrisy wasn’t obvious enough, I always find it quite interesting how our “duds” are highlighted compared to theirs. The latest is Grezda. In his 13 games with us, he scored two and assisted one. Pretty poor for an outlay of £1.8m. The press like to keep highlighting this waste of money. Fair enough. Unless you look across the city at some of the duds they’ve signed that are never questioned. I was having a scout around Transfermarkt and noticed these guys who they have paid significant fees for but have horrendous returns - the press never even questions the signings of these true duds:

Vakoun Bayo (who!?). Signed for £2m last January. Played a grand total of 7 league games and 0 goals. Awful for a striker, especially at a top of the league club.

Marian Shved - signed for £1.8m at start of 2019, loaned back to his club then played a single league game this season.

Eboue Kouassi - signed for £3.15m in 2017. Started a total of zero games this season.

Hopefully this continued waste of money continues and it will see our squad continue to overtake theirs in quality whilst they bloat even further with players who don’t make the starting 11.

I know a guy who played against Bayo last season, so at the time of the signing I asked about him. He replied 'This is him, he’s very good striker. But I stopped him' He sent a couple of photos of them in action against each other. So I guess he was okay for the Slovakian league but hasn't been able to handle the switch to the Scottish game.

Everyone of their arses publicly kissed by Keevins on RC before they even kicked a ball.

Thing is though, with the Dembele and Tierney money they'll get away with signing multiple duds.

Who do they currently have that they can sell for big money? Edouard? McGregor?

Can't see them getting anywhere near what they paid for Jullien.

Bolingoli (£3m).
Kouassi (£3.5m).
Simunovic (£6m).
Jack Hendry (£1m).
Cifti (£1.5m).
Scepovic (who?) (£2m).
Boerrigter (£3m).
Bangura (£2m).
Juarez (£2.5m).
Fortune (£4m).

Gamboa?

Bolingoli (£3m).
Kouassi (£3.5m).
Simunovic (£6m).
Jack Hendry (£1m).
Cifti (£1.5m).
Scepovic (who?) (£2m).
Boerrigter (£3m).
Bangura (£2m).
Juarez (£2.5m).
Fortune (£4m).

You're really knowledgeable on ra sellik history. Why's that.

Those stupid bastards down south with money to burn will surprise ye.

25 mil for a guy wi a dodgy hip.

This is why their myth of untold millions in the bank is just that.

Their signings even way back to Lennon's first spell have been really poor. Rodgers spent a tonne of cash and the vast majority of players in the core of his teams came from Lennon and Delia plus two or three youth players in McGregor, Forrest and Tierney.

I'd love to see their signings per season since 2012 and the total of utter shite that's gone through the door not to mention their massive wage bill.

To be fair, their accounts confirm that’s there’s money in the bank. For now at least. Unfortunately, 1 x Tierney sale covers the purchase of most of their many duds. No CL money and no big transfer in the same season would have a massive impact though. They could get good money for Edouard, probably this Summer, and arguably a fair amount for McGregor. Other than that I don’t see any 8 figure transfers from within their squad to bale them out.

They've signed some amount of pish. They wouldn't make any money in the bank if they didn't flog their best players.

Don't worry op, their new no mark striker who cost 3.5m is the next Lewandowski. He will be a 50m player if he makes 3 appearances before we win 55.

In fairness to those players they were entering a toxic environment. Think about it do you think and organization that covers up child abuse does not have other problems. When you have Lenny as a manager it is really not a nurturing environment either.
Fucking yawn

Almost spent £3.5m in that lad from Motherwell who hasn’t kicked a ball since May. Even with a good knee he’s worth half that tops

They wouldn’t get big money for McGregor or Forrest, Edouard is the only one they can hope to get a big profit on, and remember, they paid £9m for him.

Their duds are definitely dudder than our duds -
Their duds cost more & are dudder value for money
The duds in the media conveniently forget about their duds

The hilarious thing is their fans never learn. One of them in work yesterday was raving about this Polish striker they've signed. He might turn out good but there's more than a decent chance he could end up like any of the other ones mentioned on this thread.

The press are completely on message with the filth when it comes to transfers, fees they've paid and fees they want to receive for their players.

They wouldn’t get big money for McGregor or Forrest, Edouard is the only one they can hope to get a big profit on, and remember, they paid £9m for him.

McGregor could get a move down south for a decent fee.

The thing for me is alot of C*ltic fans are crying out for a new left back as they don't think Bolingoli is anywhere near good enough and near is Taylor. That's around £5 million on 2 left backs in the summer who the fans aren't happy with and they want them to get another in which would cost minimum a few million to get a decent one in. Absolute horrific stuff if you ask me.

Back