Our away support who travelled to Dortmund, Braga and Leipzig

It was night and day from lepzig before that what two weeks ago, do you think that was a usual euro away support effort? I was in cat 3 rangers end lower tier

have the same mate one video and picture with the lads thats it im not saying everyone
I don’t know anyone who was at Leipzig who also wasn’t at Seville

If your going to a European semi final / have the points to get one for that your going to be going to the final as well.

I would suggest the usual away euro fans were just more spread out , the effects of nerves / how poor rangers were the first 20mins, plus the lack of water / dehydration. (Coupled with all day singing in the city) meant a lot of people had nothing to give during the game itself , whilst the Germans are far more organised / choreographed

You also have to add In the number of small children people had with them at the game , don’t see that number of kids at a typical euro away (could argue & rightly so as it’s not the place / not ideal safety wise)

Last edited:
To add a bit context to the OP

Out of they games we won at dortmund and the ground wasn’t even full as Germany had covid restrictions at the time.

We lost away at Braga and Leipzig, but the crowd noise eh

What percentage of them got tickets for Seville ? I would have hoped they all got tickets .
I’d guess virtually all those that got Dortmund and Leipzig through mygers were sorted for seville

The issue is, they were spread about across 2 stands in a stadium without a roof. Add in the fact there was 50% of our end made up with family/friends/sponsors/club staff and hospitality type fans

OP here , exactly my point . The place should have been rocking when we went one up . That adage of its not what you know but who you know seemed to apply particularly to this game if you got a ticket .

As someone said on here - prawn sandwich brigade.

Majority of the folk getting tickets to the game probably didnt know any songs, who was the best on earth or who we beat in previous rounds.

All about the money which is disappointing given our amazing support throughout the competition

It was night and day from lepzig before that what two weeks ago, do you think that was a usual euro away support effort? I was in cat 3 rangers end lower tier

have the same mate one video and picture with the lads thats it im not saying everyone

Sorry mate. I wasn't having a go just saying that where I was seemed kinda normal.

On the whole it was a strange crowd so you're correct.

I'm convinced there were loads in that studium on Wed who had never been to a game before or this was their first in years. There were actually a group of 3 people behind us laughing about how they got their tickets for free and had only been to 3 games this season and their friend who has been to nearly every game had to pay over the odds for one.
I have two mates who went and one hasn’t set foot in Ibrox in probably about 20 years and the other is lucky to go to a couple of home Euro games a season. That said both paid through the nose for tickets off reselling tout bastards.

I see the usual myth is out that there's a big element of previous TC members that never went to Ibrox or domestic away games haha, ridiculous.

There must have been a very small percentage that done this.

Sorry but when the 5 year rolling period changes to 3 at the end of the season more folk will see MyGers for what it is, personally I'll be the high end of gold when it changes but its a rotten system.
Agree with all that Derek.
MyGers is a joke it's open to members constantly applying for tickets when they have no intention of going.
There is undoubtedly many on high points that's got there by the above example.

Granted this season especially, Euro games have also been open to false claims , however it was interesting that on one of the few occasions that we had to collect our tickets (Belgrade) Rangers were left with a few hundred unclaimed tickets.

I'm convinced there were loads in that studium on Wed who had never been to a game before or this was their first in years. There were actually a group of 3 people behind us laughing about how they got their tickets for free and had only been to 3 games this season and their friend who has been to nearly every game had to pay over the odds for one.
Sound like arseholes

I have two mates who went and one hasn’t set foot in Ibrox in probably about 20 years and the other is lucky to go to a couple of home Euro games a season. That said both paid through the nose for tickets off reselling tout bastards.
This is being missed I feel. Those who were there, be they regular fans or not, mostly paid through the nose. Not all, but the vast majority. That's not down to Rangers, and I wouldn't blame the individuals - had I been minded I'd have done the same myself. And I'd have sung my head off, but I'd still have been a non-regular for these trips and been a 'victim' of the criticism on this thread. I'm as far removed from the prawn-sandwich brigade as you can get I can assure you. Those who paid through the nose were clearly still Rangers fans nevertheless.

Its the UEFA distribution model that's at fault here, with 50% of the stadium set aside as 'neutral' and the majority of those tickets ending up in a free-for-all, basically for anyone who could afford the tout market. It astonishes me, not only because it leads to what we saw Wednesday but because having mixed fan areas is a recipe for disaster that will, one day, bite them on the arse.

For sure, there's a debate to be had about how many Rangers kept of our allocation for Club distribution but I'm not sure an extra thousand to MyGers, for example, would have made a huge difference to the overall makeup of the support in the stadium. UEFA saw to that.

wasnt at.any of the above games .and not a mygers but.i was at the final ...spent a fortune on 2 seasons and every available home ticket .delighted bear

Correct.

If someone has a few euro away games but still missed out on a final ticket then they obviously don’t attend enough games domestically.

Surely there can’t be many in that boat right enough?
No, they probably didn't tick the cccs boxes. If it does go down to 3 years this year then it will be nearer those who attended the games.

It could be fun when the new tiers come out if that happens

Whilst waiting to catch our return flight to Aberdeen from Amsterdam yesterday, we got speaking to a few other Bears comparing our Seville notes.

One of the guys told us that when he was the game he saw a guy in the crowd he knows in the passing from his local golf club. Went and spoke to him and asked how he got his ticket. Turns out he got it from a current Rangers employee. All well and good you might say, but the guy is an Aberdeen season ticket holder (we had no reason to disbelieve the Rangers fan telling us this story).

Sorry mate. I wasn't having a go just saying that where I was seemed kinda normal.

On the whole it was a strange crowd so you're correct.

not at all didnt take it that way and you summed it up well was a strange crowd, just a bit disappointed felt we the fans could have offered far more.

Someone was overheard saying it was there first away game ffs

A few of my takes sitting in a Uefa Neutral section.

I got it through the Uefa Ballot and paid face value. Have had a season ticket for the best part of 20 years outwith a few years in the middle where work/finances dictated against it.

Was in section F11, near the halfway line and close to the Frankfurt official allocation. This section was still probably 60/40 in favour of Rangers from what I could see.

Frankfurt fans around me were very polite and friendly before/during and very sympathetic after the game as well. Have a lot of respect for their fanbase after this match.

In terms of the atmosphere Frankfurt were just a lot more organised and united in their singing and drowned out any attempts by Rangers to get chants goings, certainly felt that way at our section given my proximity to them.

It felt like an uphill battle against them as soon as we got into the stadium (7.45) and their end was packed out and in full voice and our end was lucky if it was at 30% capacity.

Did notice a couple of well-kent faces from social media etc at my section that I had no idea were Rangers fans and looked to be a bit worse for wear. They may just keep their allegiances under wraps for business reasons given how toxic the west of Scotland can be, but it did reek of people being able to drop a 4 figure sum on a ticket to get to a one off game without any major hardship. Would be surprised to see them at the first game of next season put it that way.

Not sure what went on in the official Rangers end but sitting in the Neutral section I was looking to them to take the lead and get things going but it either never came, fizzled out quickly or was drowned out by a very organised opposition.

I hardly seen a Frankfurt fan on my travels throughout the city during the day and can't help feel that contributed to the energy levels of both supports as well. I'll be honest come the start of extra time I was exhausted given I had been out and about all day, however the lack of facilities in the ground didn't help either and needs to be highlighted. At 7.45 when I got in I couldn't even get a bottle of water despite having one taken off me minutes earlier by the heavy handed Spanish cops.

Have seen the issues with the TIFO from the Union Bears as well and all in all it just seems like a perfect storm that prevented the Rangers fans getting any momentum going in the ground.

Last edited:
As someone said on here - prawn sandwich brigade.

Majority of the folk getting tickets to the game probably didnt know any songs, who was the best on earth or who we beat in previous rounds.

All about the money which is disappointing given our amazing support throughout the competition
I agree mate, but sadly that's always been the way for the big occasions.

God knows how many tickets gets handed out to sponsors who have no interest in football, never mind the teams taking part.

I would imagine the majority of them would’ve, most of them would’ve had to have been gold mygers and for the final the point total went down to 1502.
This. The notion that people who travelled everywhere lost out on tickets to part time fans is false. If you had enough MyGers points to get a ticket for Leipzig you had more than enough to get for Wednesday.

I was at Dortmund, Belgrade and Braga away with official Rangers tickets and did not get one for the final.
As in one through mygers? Or was it a corporate one?

If it’s mygers I’d have been on the phone immediately demanding an explanation as you’d have had enough points

See post #25
Missed that bud. Stuff like that actually infuriates me - one of my pals similar to you didn’t have a rangers end ticket until Tuesday afternoon. The guy had been to 15 euro trips since 2018

If it wasn’t for the generosity of friends he’d have missed out and it would’ve been a complete travesty

Everyone who I was with on those trips also got final tickets. Ranging from free to £2000
Regulars would’ve paid whatever was required but a bit of a kick in the balls if you then ended up in the frankfurt end or neutral when they should’ve absolutely been rangers end

This is being missed I feel. Those who were there, be they regular fans or not, mostly paid through the nose. Not all, but the vast majority. That's not down to Rangers, and I wouldn't blame the individuals - had I been minded I'd have done the same myself. And I'd have sung my head off, but I'd still have been a non-regular for these trips and been a 'victim' of the criticism on this thread. I'm as far removed from the prawn-sandwich brigade as you can get I can assure you. Those who paid through the nose were clearly still Rangers fans nevertheless.

Its the UEFA distribution model that's at fault here, with 50% of the stadium set aside as 'neutral' and the majority of those tickets ending up in a free-for-all, basically for anyone who could afford the tout market. It astonishes me, not only because it leads to what we saw Wednesday but because having mixed fan areas is a recipe for disaster that will, one day, bite them on the arse.

For sure, there's a debate to be had about how many Rangers kept of our allocation for Club distribution but I'm not sure an extra thousand to MyGers, for example, would have made a huge difference to the overall makeup of the support in the stadium. UEFA saw to that.
I said something similar in an earlier post.
I don't blame anyone for buying a ticket if they could afford the obscene sums, I would have done the same myself, in fact I was preparing to but got lucky in the 2nd ballot.
The distribution model operated by UEFA was either fuelled by incompetence, corruption or a mixture of both.

I said something similar in an earlier post.
I don't blame anyone for buying a ticket if they could afford the obscene sums, I would have done the same myself, in fact I was preparing to but got lucky in the 2nd ballot.
The distribution model operated by UEFA was either fuelled by incompetence, corruption or a mixture of both.
Aye.

Most of us got ours in the ballot, one of us got a ticket from Rangers. Find the whole aspect of Uefa distributing tickets a bit silly and ruins the atmosphere a bit.

No idea why they just don’t hold off and give the club the tickets.

What was the cut off point for Belgrade? My son was under 100 MyGers points and got a ticket for the game and attended with my and my mate who are both mid/high silvers.

Experience of our lives on the Glaswegian bus :cool:
I'm on 1452 and never got on the trip or am independent. Son is on 1392

I'm on 1452 and never got on the trip or am independent. Son is on 1392
At the end, anybody who was a MyGers member could have got an away ticket.

Points Total​
Ticket Purchase Schedule​
500 or more points​
From 14 March 5:00pm to 8:00pm​
300 or more points​
From 14 March 8:00pm to 10:00pm​
200 or more points​
From 14 March 10:00pm to 15 March 7:00am​
20 or more points​
From 14 March 7:00am to 15 March 9:00am​

Back