Our best transfers ever?

Punpun

Read through the ‘worst transfers ever’ thread and it put me in such a shiter of a mood that I’m making this for therapy, and for hope that our recruitment is still excellent.

My contribution is Joe Aribo. Found him knocking about in the lower leagues of Engand, brought him up for a paltry £300k (1 week of Pogba’s wages), and he came within a scuffed penalty from being the hero that delivered us our first European trophy in 50 years. And is also someone we may still flip for an outrageous profit.

Bet this thread gets nowhere near the amount of responses as the other thread, such is the negative nature of this forum.

Great shout with Aribo, continuing the theme of more recent times Alfredo for 1m, Tav 200k and of course Kamara for 50k have all been incredible bits of business.

Outlay vs return then the likes of Aribo, Kamara, Tav, Morelos from this team.

For me going back a few years guys that lit the jersey up - Lovenkrands, Prso, Albertz.

Even though he was only with us for one season I absolutely loved Tugay and he was criminally underused. Although to be fair what a midfield we had at the time.

Allan McGregor for his second spell.

Brought in for free, with a wealth of new found experience playing abroad and down south. He came back fully ready to be the main man and he was. He was utterly sensational for us when he came back, right up until last season.

His signing of a new contract might not please folk, but his experience, his attitude and his general love for Rangers will help other young keepers no end.

A brilliant servant to the club in his second spell, and a European finalist in this spell also.

He’s gotta be up there for me.

Most anticipated in my recent memory, suppose its another question altogether, but Jelavic has to be up there with the rare occurance where we expect a lot from the player and aren't left massively disappointed.

Flo
Goals to games ratio brilliant and we recouped more than half the transfer fee. Of course I’m joking just pointing out he should be nowhere near a worst signing thread. Baxter first time Stein even though he cost 100 k a record at the time.

Pound for pound a lot of our recent signings have been unreal, especially considering what they've given us and/or what they could move on for...

Tav
Morelos
Aribo
Bassey
Kamara

A couple of million combined yet will fetch us all sorts.

Read through the ‘worst transfers ever’ thread and it put me in such a shiter of a mood that I’m making this for therapy, and for hope that our recruitment is still excellent.

My contribution is Joe Aribo. Found him knocking about in the lower leagues of Engand, brought him up for a paltry £300k (1 week of Pogba’s wages), and he came within a scuffed penalty from being the hero that delivered us our first European trophy in 50 years. And is also someone we may still flip for an outrageous profit.So

Too wide a criteria, because this club has made so many innumerable great signings; each of those greats contributing to rich thread of success. No one signing stands out from others; not in a team game spanning decades.

Gough, Baxter, Cooper, McCoist and probably quite a few of the earlier era players.

Only Tav comes close. Kamara isnt anywhere near the conversation for me

The most recent ones for me have got to be tav, Morelos, kamara, bassey, aribo. Didn’t cost all that much and have contributed so much, great talents and a joy to watch and I think if we sold them we would make a fortune on them.

Was going to mention a couple of the unsung ones,but they have been mentioned, so will do so again ---Stuart Munro and Sasa Papac,both held on to their positions despite pressure.
Also from further back Dave Smith who had the unenviable task of filling Slim Jim's boots who was also a bargain signing.

Back