Our budget for next season

Nescafe_loyal

I've seen posts saying Tim's will pull away.

Complete myth.

We've made just as much money from getting to the final than they will for the champions league.

Also. We can still qualify for the champions league and strengthen the finance even more.

Also surely our players value will go up too.

See you Saturday bears. Let's bring it home.

Depends if the board decide to spend it.

We also run at a loss and have done for a decade. That money doesn’t just disappear.

It’s been a good run, it returned more revenue than expected, but we won’t spunk £10m+ in the summer.

We also run at a loss and have done for a decade. That money doesn’t just disappear.

It’s been a good run, it returned more revenue than expected, but we won’t spunk £10m+ in the summer.
Spending less than £10m is not going to cut it in the summer unless we play a blinder with Bosman signings

Last season that lot moved on 2 or 3 players for fees then invested £20m on players.

We need to do similar

We have to ensure they don't pull away.

We made alot of money from Europa this year,.and if we don't qualify for the CL we can likely make that money back by selling an asset (likely bassey I'm afraid, he'll be in high demand)

We need to get this summer right.

Spending less than £10m is not going to cut it in the summer unless we play a blinder with Bosman signings

Last season that lot moved on 2 or 3 players for fees then invested £20m on players.

We need to do similar

We won’t.

We’re not financially in a position to do so.

I’m not sure people realise how skint we are/were.

The run helps, but it will have been budgeted through to the group stages.

He’ll get less than £10m to spend, imo. We also need to sell some talent this summer.

They’re going to spend the best part of £15 million on two players who are already at them.

We need the board to back GVB or it’s another poor domestic season.
I hope they do blow their money on them 2 players. We can find players cheaper than that who are no worse

We won’t.

He’ll get less than £10m to spend, imo. We also need to sell some talent this summer.
We have made alot of money (by our standards anyway) however I'm inclined to agree with part of this for other reasons.Stuart Robertson has stated recently that some of the funds will be used on the stadium and training ground, that likely won't be cheap so this will dent any money we are likely to use for transfers. What gives me hope is the fees we could get for players, look at the other side of the city last year getting 30 million for two players to fund a rebuild. We surely could do the same given the performances of certain individuals Vs the sides we have come up against in the Europa League.

I could be making this up but didn't we make more from this Europa league run than reaching CL group stages. We brought in £9m for Patterson. We got £3m+ for Gerrard and his staff.

We need to freshen things up with players who will improve the first 11 not squad fillers.

We will need to replace McGregor, Goldson and potentially a few more so yeah our budget will need to be decent

Rangers wont have a budget set because itll be determined by leavers and sales, thats the reality.

They would do well to focus on using players like Lowry, King, maybe even a Weston more often because those lads are ready and can handle many of the games Rangers will face.

We need to sign Kent or Alfie on a new deal and sell the other. For me Alfie got to stay. If we can get 10 mil for Aribo and 18 for Kent given how he performed on big stage don't think it a big ask. Invest that all and some of profit from the run on fresh faces. Others will go. Borna for a small fee maybe 2 mil. 7/8 coming in

We wouldn’t have budgeted for 11m for Patterson, around 4m for Gerrard and the backroom staff and Robertson said this run has made us as much as qualifying for the CL would have. I’d imagine we will sell a couple of players too, we don’t have the SD hanging over us anymore and we are guaranteed EL football next season regardless so that should be another 20m we can budget for coming in.

We have been skint in the past and we struggled to finance Gerrard but the next couple of financial reports IMO will see by far our biggest income in a long time and a decent net profit made for the first time in a long time as well. If there is any time to back the manager it’s now.

No, but our operating costs continue to rise and our losses continue.

All I’m saying is, imo, don’t be expecting us to splash the cash about this summer.
That sounds very negative when you factor in that we might have increased interest and bids in our players due to our finalist position. I thought we were close to breaking even after the sale of Patterson and Gerrard as well.

I agree that as it stands we aren’t in a position to spend, but hopefully we can get one or two player sales amounting to a total of 20M or more. If that money goes straight back into the squad we’re in a good place.

We won’t.

Every chance they win god knows how many titles on the bounce if that’s what’s spent to rebuild this team.

Complete myth.

We've made just as much money from getting to the final than they will for the champions league.

Also. We can still qualify for the champions league and strengthen the finance even more.

It really is time to give Lowery and co a bigger stage and more responsibilities.

Complete myth.

We also still have the Patterson and Gerrard money.

We’ve got the money from this run which Wilson said matched that of a CL run, the Patterson money and the Gerrard money. We should be selling a few and spending £25m this summer. Could be a long few years if not.

We have brought in alot of money with this run along with gerrard money and patterson sale but we have to remember we lost 21 million last year so we will be in profit but maybe not as much as people think .

Player sales will need to happen if we want to bring in more as we can't keep losing money every year

If, we sell, for instance Aribo, Morelos and Kent, and any others, as well as then shift and lose the wages of Goldson, Balogun and Davis

And then spend less than 10 million, be a decent ask trying to justify that to the support TBH

We need to sign Kent or Alfie on a new deal and sell the other. For me Alfie got to stay. If we can get 10 mil for Aribo and 18 for Kent given how he performed on big stage don't think it a big ask. Invest that all and some of profit from the run on fresh faces. Others will go. Borna for a small fee maybe 2 mil. 7/8 coming in
Would take a decent fee for Kent right now.
Need more regular goal assisting and goalscoring contributions from his position. Would love Alfie to stay.
Roofe/Helander moved on as constant injuries do us no good.

We’ve got the money from this run which Wilson said matched that of a CL run, the Patterson money and the Gerrard money. We should be selling a few and spending £25m this summer. Could be a long few years if not.

I’d imagine we are going to make circa £20m in players sales at least. This alone should be recycled and then there’s the EL money, the Gerrard/Patterson money.

we were told 5 years ago by all and sundry that we would need to spend 100m on players just to compete which we proved was utter bollocks

we are also a lot healthier financially than we were back then, we will be fine and our euro success will make us an attractive destination for players

The issue is player sales.

The EL run with the prestige and the money it will have generated for the club will be invested into infrastructure - EH project stalling for example.

Any spend will have to come from player sales imo. Now is not the time to be sentimental. We need to capitalise on those unwilling to commit the next 3 years to the club or players we think we could move on for an inflated fee (thinking Kent)

I think after our European displays a few of our players will have teams interested in them . I would like to think gio will be getting the majority of the incoming fees . I would personally sign up Kent and alfie on long term deals. I would cash in on aribo , kamara and borna. Would hopefully get 20 million + for those 3 alone .

We failed on that basis this year. The likes of Sands, Bacuna, Sakala didn't improve the squad by mych
Sands wasn,t here until this year.can,t remember idbacuna was here when we played malmo .but I get where you are coming from and agree with it as well.

We have made alot of money (by our standards anyway) however I'm inclined to agree with part of this for other reasons.Stuart Robertson has stated recently that some of the funds will be used on the stadium and training ground, that likely won't be cheap so this will dent any money we are likely to use for transfers. What gives me hope is the fees we could get for players, look at the other side of the city last year getting 30 million for two players to fund a rebuild. We surely could do the same given the performances of certain individuals Vs the sides we have come up against in the Europa League.

As much as I want to see us invest in the squad, that is probably the smarter move long term. The club need to find ways of increasing our basic revenue so we aren't hugely reliant on how well we do in Europe.

I don't want us to get in a situation where we are reliant on CL football like we used to be. That wreaked havoc on our finances when we failed to qualify, like we are too well aware of.

In saying all of that, we should hopefully have money to spare, as I expect a lot of players will be sold in the summer due to their current contract situation.

I’d imagine we are going to make circa £20m in players sales at least. This alone should be recycled and then there’s the EL money, the Gerrard/Patterson money.
We run at a loss.It has to be addressed at some point.
Maybe trusting our up and coming young players would enable us to sell some players and not replace them all with major money signings.Also getting players like Aribo,Bassey and Kamara in fo nominal fees and developing them into more valuable assists is the way forward.

Prepare to be underwhelmed. We didn’t have a pot to piss in last summer or in January when we’d just sold Patterson and got the compo for Gerrard’s back room team.

Ideally we need 2 players, one from midfield and one on the wing who can contribute to scoring goals. If we can add goals in these areas we will be in a much better place.

Depends how you count it but we will likely sell a few for decent money so GVB could be spending upwards of £20m in the summer.

We need to rebuild a whole midfield for starters and add somebody in there that can grab 10-15 goals a season.

Free transfers and projects won't cut it this summer.

Think we need to remember they need to spend circa £14M to tread water. We are arguably getting two better players (different positions I know) for nothing in Alfie and Hagi.

Having at least guaranteed europa league will change our budget, we can look to sell and buy with this in mind, we've never had that before. CL qualification will completely change our transfer plan I think, but obviously we can't rely on that.

I think number 1 option should be to sell Aribo, he's a cracking player but lacks the required mentality for scottish football. I'd love to try and keep at least 1 out of Kent and Morelos, but if neither sign on then get both of them sold. With those, patterson money, gerrard money, our europa league run money, and clearing out a hell of a lot of headroom with wages (itten, barisic, goldson, davis, katic, plenty others) then our transfer budget should be very healthy, I'd be looking into the 30mil range. Will need to bring in quite a few players though so maybe a budget for 3-4mil per player. We really need to get these signings right

It wouldn't surprise me if we sell bassey for less than 15 million
I have little faith in Wilson and the board after the last few windows.
We should be selling Kent and keeping aribo and bassey to build the team around.
We need top quality added to the squad, but I see a few lower league bosmans instead....

Robertson said this season's Europe run is basically the same amount as champions League .

Fag packet math has us earned close to £50 million
£15 million from ticketing
£15 million from Europa prize money
£? Million from Europa and sponsorship
£12 million from patterson
£4 million from gerrard

Of course this is revenue and not profit. But I feel we will sell a couple of big players for £10 million+ each means we should have a decent budget to work with.

from the money we have made and to enhance chances of Champions League, I really hope we give Gio £20M to rebuild even before player sales. We need 4 quality players in.

They’re going to spend the best part of £15 million on two players who are already at them.

We need the board to back GVB or it’s another poor domestic season.
£15 mill on two players who played against us in the SCSF and the last league game. Neither of them should present anything serious for us to worry about next season. And that will be the bulk of their budget blown.

Per the last set of financials, we have accumulated losses of over £80M (in retained earnings) and £41M in losses from the last two seasons (with the COVID year accounting for £26M of that £41M).

We don't have deep pocketed billionaire Russian or Saudi owners. I assume we will spend what we can but do not expect us to do anything that puts us in the red this year or in the future.

Ideally we need 2 players, one from midfield and one on the wing who can contribute to scoring goals. If we can add goals in these areas we will be in a much better place.
If we can get a high quality right winger who can compliment Kent on the left side, it would allow us to blood Lowry in the attacking midfield role more with protection from Jack and Lundstrum.

Lowry and King will mean we don't need to spend massive amounts.
Bassey has been like a big money signing for us. We need to keep him, and get him a long contract.
We need to sell well, and re-invest about 50% of those fees on quality in the right positions, replacing those who leave and adding to the attack.

There's absolutely fck all point in getting to a European final if it doesn't allow us to enhance the squad for the next season. If that can't allow us to spend even a little fck all will. And that's before factoring in potential player sales

The board will back Gio, I don’t have any doubts about that.

I think lessons have been learned from the board this season with the lack of backing Gerrard got.

I do however feel recruitment needs to be so much better, far to many bit part players have been signed the past 2-3 windows, we need quality to improve the starting 11.

We run at a loss.It has to be addressed at some point.
Maybe trusting our up and coming young players would enable us to sell some players and not replace them all with major money signings.Also getting players like Aribo,Bassey and Kamara in fo nominal fees and developing them into more valuable assists is the way forward.
We had a 20m+ loss due to Covid, no player sales etc last season. Yes, we sold out season tickets but that doesn't account for match day revenue, European and Cup games etc. The losses would've been far less otherwise. That has already been addressed this year on both fronts with packed stadia, going further in Europe, in particular, and the cups and the sales of Patterson and effectively Gerrard and the coaching staff. In addition we have also had multiple new sponsorship deals and record breaking merchandise sales this season. We also have guaranteed group stage football for the first time next season so can budget that in accordingly. If we do have healthy player sales over the summer then I'd expect the majority of that to go back into the 1st team squad tbh.

Back