Our chance to get at least 12 points clear of Celtic

Can someone explain to me why we as fans need to take it one game at a time ?
like what fans are thinking about will have any impact on what the team does . Nothing wrong with dreaming ! It’s great we’re in a position we can dream positively after all the shit we’ve been through .

As has been said previously on this thread, 1 game at a time. It's a massive challenge this Sunday let's just deal with that 1st

I've had a good look at the fixture list between now and the next Old Firm game. If we can apply the pressure, keep winning and take advantage of the fact we are playing league matches this weekend and the weekend 19/20th December and Celtic are not as they will probably be playing in the Scottish Cup Final should they beat Aberdeen on Sunday (no guarantee the way they are playing just now)

If we can beat Killie on Sunday and also Motherwell at home in December when that lot should have been playing Livi away, then as long as we match them week in week out and take full advantage the weeks we play and they don't we can go into the next Old Firm game with a 12 point lead over them.

Now I know they would still have 3 games in hand to play and there are plenty other matches from now until then where we could drop points as could they, however none of their games in hand will be crammed in between now and the next Old Firm game. The fixture list in December is already too jam packed and November has the International break.

We just need to be super focused, not repeat the last two seasons tail-off after the winter break and keep on winning. Killie away this weekend is a massive test for us. Get the win this weekend and I'm positive all the rest will come to fruition for us. It is just one game at a time and anything can happen if we lose our concentration.

55 is coming though. I have to believe it is this season. We just look different this year and we have yet to click up front fully.
Delete all that and replace it with

Killie, sunday, need to win.

Its the only one that matters just now. (No distrespect intended)

Reactions: GF1
I will be absolutely delighted if we are 9 clear on Sunday. Then I can think about going 12 clear after that.

Funny how Boydie pretty much says exactly what I did in an article late last night. Considering how staunch many fans are towards him will they now tell him to shut up and only think about the Killie game. Doubt it

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www....6221516/Rangers-celtic-scottish-cup-boyd/amp/

In a strange way, I think a lot of the club’s fans wouldn’t mind Celtic winning at Hampden.

It would mean another game in an already-crammed fixture list for Neil Lennon’s men and force them to rearrange yet another league match.

There would also be the potential for Rangers to be 12 points clear ahead of the next Old Firm clash at Ibrox.

Yes, Celtic would have games in hand but playing catch-up is never easy and I know what position I would rather be in.

Of course, Rangers would need to win both their league matches while their Old Firm rivals are on Scottish Cup duty — and that is not a given.

Last edited:
While I agree with the sentiments of one game at a time, I can see two free slots between now and the next OF game where the tims could slot in games.

While I agree with the sentiments of one game at a time, I can see two free slots between now and the next OF game where the tims could slot in games.
Scotland play Serbia on the 12th Nov, Slovakia on the 15th Nov and Israel on the 18th Nov.

I could only see one opportunity in December around 16/17th meaning they would play 9 times in December.

November 29th is free as well. No fixtures that weekend for some reason

Last edited:
Scotland play Serbia on the 12th Nov, Slovakia on the 15th Nov and Israel on the 18th Nov.

I could only see one opportunity in December around 16/17th meaning they would play 9 times in December

There’s a free weekend on the 28/29th November, nothing’s pencilled in for us or them.

Edit: I see that’s the league cup weekend it’s not free.

Every single time I post a thread it seems to disappear but we get a thread like this it’s just to premature, to far a head and a bit bonkers no offence.
Europe can play havoc with the season regards to form, we ve not yet shown we can go the distance.
looking strong but we looked like that up to December and blew it.
One game at a time and that is Kilmarnock tomorrow evidence suggest that is a massive game plenty of points dropped against them in recent history.
look no further when points are not in the bag.

We just won our hardest match between now and the Old Firm.

The next "difficult" game is arguably away at Dundee Utd?

We should be targeting full points between now and the paedos visiting Ibrox.

8 Nov Hamilton home
22 Nov Aberdeen home
6 Dec Ross County away
13 Dec Dundee Utd away
19 Dec Motherwell home
23 Dec St Johnsone away
26 Dec Hibs home
30 Dec St Mirren away
2 Jan Paedos home

We should be targeting 3 points every match there. Yes, the manager and players need to think one game at a time (anyone coming to post that reply go and f yourself). But as fans we should look forward to that excitedly and target 8 wins out of 8 before the paedos. 24 points. Minimum 12 ahead (they miss a game with another cup match).

8 Nov Hamilton home
22 Nov Aberdeen home
6 Dec Ross County away
13 Dec Dundee Utd away
19 Dec Motherwell home
23 Dec St Johnsone away
26 Dec Hibs home
30 Dec St Mirren away
2 Jan Paedos home

We should be targeting 3 points every match there. Yes, the manager and players need to think one game at a time (anyone coming to post that reply go and f yourself). But as fans we should look forward to that excitedly and target 8 wins out of 8 before the paedos. 24 points. Minimum 12 ahead (they miss a game with another cup match).

8 matches with no dropped points is a big big ask.

8 Nov Hamilton home
22 Nov Aberdeen home
6 Dec Ross County away
13 Dec Dundee Utd away
19 Dec Motherwell home
23 Dec St Johnsone away
26 Dec Hibs home
30 Dec St Mirren away
2 Jan Paedos home

Aberdeen at home on 22nd Nov or Hibs at home on Boxing Day are far from certainties.

Home games aren’t normal right now with no fans. It’s as close to a neutral venue as you’ll get without it actually being a semi final or a cup final.

8 matches with no dropped points is a big big ask.
Agree, should be the target though.

When you look at that run and you look at this second run of 11 games, we've just played the hardest one between now and the Old Firm.

We should be targeting and expecting 8 wins.

Realistically there will be a draw or something, somewhere we dont expect it. But that is a really tasty looking set of fixtures for this ruthless team leading in to the next Old firm.

Aberdeen at home on 22nd Nov or Hibs at home on Boxing Day are far from certainties.

Home games aren’t normal right now with no fans. It’s as close to a neutral venue as you’ll get without it actually being a semi final or a cup final.
Yes, the advantage is far diminished. But there is still going to be a slight advantage. Less travel, familiar surroundings etc.

Plus, we are by far the better team than both.

As the better team, in a "neutral" venue, we should still expect to win.

Yes, the advantage is far diminished. But there is still going to be a slight advantage. Less travel, familiar surroundings etc.

It’s a double edged sword as we don’t need to worry about pressure from the stands and a dreadful atmosphere.

We “should” expect to win away from home to these teams aswell, because we have better players.

Agree, should be the target though.

When you look at that run and you look at this second run of 11 games, we've just played the hardest one between now and the Old Firm.

We should be targeting and expecting 8 wins.

Realistically there will be a draw or something, somewhere we dont expect it. But that is a really tasty looking set of fixtures for this ruthless team leading in to the next Old firm.

League never works out on paper sometimes points get dropped in unusual places as you recognise. We've seen a few different types of performances but so much is still to happen and that includes them...we saw the type of predictions that suggested they wouldn't do well in their next 2 games and they pretty much proved that wrong.

Everything points to a long tough battle that will be difficult to predict.

League never works out on paper sometimes points get dropped in unusual places as you recognise. We've seen a few different types of performances but so much is still to happen and that includes them...we saw the type of predictions that suggested they wouldn't do well in their next 2 games and they pretty much proved that wrong.

Everything points to a long tough battle that will be difficult to predict.
Cant argue with any of that.

I do find these kind of threads "fun" for messageboard conversations, whilst appreciating the "one game at a time" focus is the one the staff at the clube must take.

Even though they will have games in hand which if they win would bring them to within 3 pts, the psychological factor of being so many points behind knowing that they can't drop any more has to weigh on them.

The next OF game at Ibrox will become crucial. Win it, and we are 6pts clear in real terms, which means that if we could manage at least a draw in just one of the two remaining OF encounters, that would likely give us the league.

Before the January mentally challenged game I'm sure they still have Easter road, livi away, and fir park to go to.
Don't think that's going to be 9 points for them.

As much as it would have been hilarious to see Aberdeen knock them out the cup today I'm delighted they will now need to play the Jambos in their tainted final. Hopefully karma comes back to bite them in the arse and they lose plus also allowing us to rack up another 3 points against Motherwell while another match needs rearranged for them.

Back