Our chance to get at least 12 points clear of Celtic

I've had a good look at the fixture list between now and the next Old Firm game. If we can apply the pressure, keep winning and take advantage of the fact we are playing league matches this weekend and the weekend 19/20th December and Celtic are not as they will probably be playing in the Scottish Cup Final should they beat Aberdeen on Sunday (no guarantee the way they are playing just now)

If we can beat Killie on Sunday and also Motherwell at home in December when that lot should have been playing Livi away, then as long as we match them week in week out and take full advantage the weeks we play and they don't we can go into the next Old Firm game with a 12 point lead over them.

Now I know they would still have 3 games in hand to play and there are plenty other matches from now until then where we could drop points as could they, however none of their games in hand will be crammed in between now and the next Old Firm game. The fixture list in December is already too jam packed and November has the International break.

We just need to be super focused, not repeat the last two seasons tail-off after the winter break and keep on winning. Killie away this weekend is a massive test for us. Get the win this weekend and I'm positive all the rest will come to fruition for us. It is just one game at a time and anything can happen if we lose our concentration.

55 is coming though. I have to believe it is this season. We just look different this year and we have yet to click up front fully.

Sunday is huge. 3 points and I honestly think they might drop points again very quickly. The pressure of us just keeping winning will tell on them. It happened to us last year as we know they would win every game and our players looked anxious every game. Meanwhile the more points we dropped the more relaxed they can be and the easier it gets.

I have never understood the one game at a time thing on a football forum ? Surely as fans if we looked forward it has no bearing on Gerrard and the team

obv Gerrard will have our intention on Kilmarnock and Kilmarnock only it’s pivotal for the team to look at one game at a time but as fans of we want to look forward at opportunity’s that can arise then I don’t see that as an issue

good points the op makes going into the old firm with a 12 point lead will be psychologically a massive pressure on them and entering last chance saloon for them to turn it around

One game a time, kilmarnock has been a head fuk the past few seasons but we are flying at the moment and I'm confident we will get a result this time around

I have never understood the one game at a time thing on a football forum ? Surely as fans if we looked forward it has no bearing on Gerrard and the team

obv Gerrard will have our intention on Kilmarnock and Kilmarnock only it’s pivotal for the team to look at one game at a time but as fans of we want to look forward at opportunity’s that can arise then I don’t see that as an issue

good points the op makes going into the old firm with a 12 point lead will be psychologically a massive pressure on them and entering last chance saloon for them to turn it around

Frankly, the guys who are plotting out months in advance and how we'll be X points in time clear by X moment in time will be the first to lose their shit when not everything goes according to plan.

Its crazy thinking further than Kilmarnock.

Frankly, the guys who are plotting out months in advance and how we'll be X points in time clear by X moment in time will be the first to lose their shit when not everything goes according to plan.

Its crazy thinking further than Kilmarnock.

Exactly, the same guys who had predicted a cricket score last night and we're probably moaning about it being 0-0 at ht.

If Rangers win all our games Rangers are Champions.

If Daffy duck was a goose he would be called Daffy Goose.

Dont get carried away.

Last edited:
Sunday is a major hurdle we need to get over first. Not worth speculating much further really.

This is the best Rangers time we’ve been able to watch in years.

I look forward to every single game now with excitement.

Every week is going to be fun. Just enjoy the ride. Don’t fret about what could or might happen. When we win the league you’ll want to look back on a season you enjoyed.

Sunday is even more of a lottery with that pitch, 50 mile an hour winds and a downpour. Real test in those conditions that don't favour pure football.

Take it one game at a time and stop looking and comparing at the collapse of the past 2 seasons after the winter break - we do not have a winter break this season so our focus and momentum will not be affected by a break in schedule

Congratulations to all the intellectual heroes who piled in to write variations of ”one game at a time”. Outstanding contributions to debate.

As a handful of fans pointed out Thursday, whether we support other clubs in Europe or not has zero effect on how the Scottish also rans do.

and as one guy points out here, just because he or we look ahead further than the Killie game it has absolutely zero impact on the results of football matches.

Last edited:
I agree with all the one game at a time stuff, however, it’s difficult not to look at upcoming fixtures, let’s be honest we’ve all done it, worked out what ifs and various scenarios of how us and the filth will fare.

I remember analysing the fixture list last season after we beat them at new year and i thought we had a great chance of pushing on as we had come out of a hard run and should have had easier games whereas they had some tricky ties. You know what happened next.
One game at a time and killie at rugby park has been a bit of a nightmare for us over the past couple of years .

Would be nice but I don’t want us to get ahead of ourselves. Killie away is going to be a very tough game for us, they are physical and that pitch is a nightmare. I’ll take a 1 nil there all day long. One game at a time

I hate Killie, I hate there pitch and I have serious sustain for that Brophy and Power that plays for them.

I really want us to smash them early like that year we one the league there, 3 up in the first 20 mins would do nicely.

"Killie away this weekend is a massive test for us. Get the win this weekend and I'm positive all the rest will come to fruition for us. It is just one game at a time and anything can happen if we lose our concentration."

ITT: "Hate this shite. Just take it one game at a time - and keep winning."

Do people even read the posts or just the first few sentences and go from there?

Good thread mate, you're taking the long view whilst still keeping things in the right perspective. I think people are mostly worried about jinxing it, which is fair enough because so am I.

I was just thinking that we have a chance to be 3 points clear on the first game of next season if we win our first game and they lose.

Imagine the pressure that will be on them then especially as we will just be coming back from 55 and having qualified for the CL Group Stages.

No, just no. One game at a time.

Gerrard actually plans more than one game ahead, theyll tell us it's one game at a time but in reality our background staff will look at our games in blocks. Theyll take international breaks ect well into their thoughts long before it happens.

To think we only plan for the very next game and only that game is mental.

Plus theres no harm in getting excited about what could lie ahead, it's what makes following football fun.

Too many want to suck the fun out of it. You're not allowed to dream of what may be on FF.

Think people say 1 game at a time because if we drop points on Sunday this place will explode for example. We've already seen it this season where we've got ahead of ourselves only to see us drop points think it was Livi after they dropped points at Killie. 12 point gaps are great to talk about but only thing that matters is 3 points on Sunday to show that we can keep going and put the pressure on them further.

Back