Our Co-Efficient v Our Oponents This Year

The Predator

seeded teams must hate to draw us now must piss them off too because we are much better than the rest of the teams in our pot
Absolutely mate. Not one of the higher seeds would want us anywhere near them be that in the qualifiers or in the group's.

Disco Deejay

Just a slight pedantic moment - we're sitting 14th for the start of the next campaign, not the end of this one.

15th at the end of this one is a real possibility though!
Not sure I understand where you get 14th from. Positions are worked 2 years in advance.

For next season 20/21, Scotland are ranked 21st and that won't change.
For season 21/22, Scotland are currently ranked 16th, which will hopefully improve by the end of the current campaign (with 14th just a prediction).

mrsjr1872

Interesting stats those. We are punching way above our weight.
Defo mate but if u look at all the games weve played so far weve looked like the best team imo and I reckon rest of group see us as the team to beat now! tremendous from where weve came from not too long ago to beating porto comfortably:)

strider

Not sure I understand where you get 14th from. Positions are worked 2 years in advance.

For next season 20/21, Scotland are ranked 21st and that won't change.
For season 21/22, Scotland are currently ranked 16th, which will hopefully improve by the end of the current campaign (with 14th just a prediction).
I meant as in the position we'll be for the qualifying spots in 22/23.

Just pointing out that the points being taken away don't affect the position until then rather than the season before.

Disco Deejay

I meant as in the position we'll be for the qualifying spots in 22/23.

Just pointing out that the points being taken away don't affect the position until then rather than the season before.
Sorry, maybe it's me being thick, but I'm still not sure what you mean.

Qualifying spots for 22/23 will be based on co-efficients after next years CL/Europa League (20/21), so there is no way that they can be established at present. That's my understanding of it anyway.

Last edited:

strider

Sorry, maybe it's me being thick, but I'm still not sure what you mean.

Qualifying spots for 22/23 will be based on co-efficients after next years CL/Europa League (20/21), so there is no way that they can be established at present. That's my understanding of it anyway.
Yes, so that's where we start in 14th place as things stand.

My point was only that the points which are dropped happen at the start of a campaign and not the end, which is a vital difference with how it all works.

thetoptier

Not sure it’s a fair comparison considering our recent history.

If we compare wage budgets, we’re probably second or third on the list.
yes but it does take time to gel teams

anyone arguing that lazio are a better side then porto is a nutcase

Mr_Miscellaneous

Can you explain this please?
For associations with two or more teams, teams were paired in order to split them into two sets of six groups (A–F, G–L) for maximum television coverage.

That means if there is one team from an association drawn in the first half, the other team from the association must go in the first available group in the second half of the draw (Group G).

These are typically nations with "decent" teams. England, Spain, Germany, Portugal, Netherlands, Turkey, Russia.

In our case, we wouldn't have even been drawn in Group G, however the Taigs were drawn in the first half early on. Additionally, we wouldn't have been drawn with either Porto or Feyenoord as they were drawn to be in earlier groups, but other teams from their nation were already in that half of the draw (Sporting and PSV, both in Group D), so they were put in Group G automatically.