Our crowd yesterday

Maxziggy

I thought our crowd were excellent yesterday. I noticed a change, when a pass went amiss, a shot wide etc, our fans didn’t create a negative atmosphere. On the contrary, encouragement was given and I feel the players will have noticed this. Also, the amount of people leaving at 80 mins etc, I think was a lot less yesterday. Proud bear here, walking away from Ibrox with a smile on my face, I really feel we have turned a corner, I know it’s early days but something felt different yesterday, something clicked.

Noticeable difference with us yesterday, we were patient and when we were attacking you could feel the excitement building. Was just a matter of time until we scored, we certainly created enough chances to win 2 or 3 games, was a very solid performance, the crowd was great apart from around the 70 min mark when we had a wee shaky period and the Windass miss when you could sense we were nervy and started to filter through the crowd, overall I though the atmosphere yesterday was really good and positive

There's a great buzz around the place just now and a lot more trust in the team.

I thought our crowd were excellent yesterday. I noticed a change, when a pass went amiss, a shot wide etc, our fans didn’t create a negative atmosphere. On the contrary, encouragement was given and I feel the players will have noticed this. Also, the amount of people leaving at 80 mins etc, I think was a lot less yesterday. Proud bear here, walking away from Ibrox with a smile on my face, I really feel we have turned a corner, I know it’s early days but something felt different yesterday, something clicked.

Probably because of the commitment shown by the players in getting the ball back after it was lost. They seem to understand the game at last!! WATP.

Crowd was fine, not awful and not amazing. The more this feel good factor carries on the better the atmosphere will be, March 11th the place will be fucking rocking

A lot less negativity yesterday, even towards Windass. I still that our crowd were quiet for large parts of the game tho

Didn't think the atmosphere was that great either (singing) but it wasn't the worse.

The fans urged the team on for 90 minutes which was the most important thing .

Didn't think the atmosphere was that bad, definitely been worse. There was a real feel-good factor about yesterday as a whole

loads of encouragement from our area, honestly don't think i can recall anything negative at all. I don't believe for one moment it was like a library.

Speaking to some Man Utd and Leeds fans in the Grapes last night and they thought the atmosphere was great.

The Man Utd fans were saying Old Trafford is a nightmare now for atmosphere.

More folk interested in taking selfies than actually supporting the team.

A bit like the team signs of improvement could do better will do better,And as someone who waits till the final whistle to cheer the team off the park after a good performance and win it was noticeable more stayed longer.

What do people want the fans have been brilliant through these dark years so they don't sing as much as people want we don't no what to expect the shite we have watched is still in our heads this is just the start of something promising were not like any other shitty we diddy team we are expected to win every game so there's your pressure were there every game supporting them maybe not the way people like it but were there

Really enjoyed yesterday and with a full Ibrox you can't beat it when we get going, atmosphere was good long may it continue.

I agree with you but there are always some in the crowd who can't help themselves and expect perfection from every player in every game and ther is one guy a few rows behind where I sit in the East enclosure who seems to be constantly unhappy and lets everybody know!

W.A.T.P.

Sorry OP.

But...... the guys behind me are the fúcking loudest moaners in Ibrox.

Criticising every player on the field. One misplaced pass and it is 20 minutes on his back.

It's actually painful sitting there as they foam at the mouth and abuse each player.... back of my head being sprayed with their froth.

They think that shouting out their thoughts is acceptable.

We have decided that the only way to stop it is to speak to them before the next home game kicks off.

Tell them.... not so vociferous on the shouting abuse at our players today lads.... hangovers.

If that doesn't work then.... I'm 6', pretty handy and go to the gym. And my son is even bigger lol. :)

Sorry OP.

Criticising every player on the field. One misplaced pass and it is 20 minutes on his back.

It's actually painful sitting there as they foam at the mouth and abuse each player.... back of my head being sprayed with their froth.

We have decided that the only way to stop it is to speak to them before the next home game kicks off.

Tell them.... not so vociferous on the shouting abuse at our players today lads.... hangovers.

If that doesn't work then.... I'm 6', pretty handy and go to the gym. And my son is even bigger lol. :)
Where do you sit mate

Mentioned this to my elderly mate yesterday who has sat next to me for many a year and is in his 80's, should all our players wear orange boots. His reply was Declan John and Morelos better get telt.

Good enough answer in my opinion. I think we should all wear same coloured boots, Orange or Blue.

Perhaps more folk did stay a bit later because the queue at the Subway didn't disappear until 6 o'clock.

Which shouldn't matter in the slightest of course.

Sorry OP.

I am lucky as the fans around me are generally decent,but my mate sits in the Club Deck and he says the guys behind him moan contantly which does his head in.

The atmosphere was fine yesterday but things were definitely getting a bit nervous as the game went on and we were only one up.
That's why I was so surprised (well actually not really) that when the seat buzzer went on at 80mins and there were the usual fans making their way to visit their sick granny/get in the messages for their disabled neighbour/make sure they've got a seat right behind the driver on their supporters bus or just wanted to get their pints served up before the crowd arrived!
It happened!
I know it's been discussed a million times on here but I just can't understand how anyone can, having paid for their ticket and sat through most of the game, decide to up sticks and leave when the game is at its most critical point!
I just don't get it!

There was a photo from earlier this season of someone scoring a penalty (not sure if it was a Man Utd game or someone else?) and almost the entire crowd behind the goal were watching through their phones. Pretty grim.

Thing I notice about the atmosphere at Ibrox its the same sections that sing the most. Broomloan front, West enclosure, MRT/S, GF1/2. From my spot in GF1 the Copland is devoid of any atmosphere whatsoever when it should technically be the loudest! One thing that bugged the life out of me yesterday was the same people getting up off their seat and leaving for the toilet/kiosks over and over again, there was 3 guys that left and came back at least 5 times! Bring in safe standing ffs

Sorry OP.

Do you sit in the EE, because I have some amount of dicks sitting behind me too?
One in particular seems to have a deep hatred for half the team.

Speaking to some Man Utd and Leeds fans in the Grapes last night and they thought the atmosphere was great.

There was something in the news about the United trust trying to reclaim the Stratford end for safe standing because the atmosphere is so poor these days, sounds familiar, just like the bears who would like the same for the Rangers end at Ibrox.

Back