Our Fans' Reputation Has Been Enhanced All Over The World

Lord Summerisle

Administrator
Staff member
Apologies in advance for penning a positive post.

Yes, I'm still obviously absolutely gutted.
However, apart from the result, this feels completely different to how I felt after Manchester when I walked back into the city centre after the game and saw the carnage. The subsequent negatives headlines were horrible.

This time, though, we've made friends and gained admirers all over Europe. Make no mistake, our many enemies would've been eagerly anticipating negative headlines about our fans' behaviour – and there isn't a single one.
When you think of the incredible numbers who made their way to Seville, that is simply incredible.

This isn't meant to be patronising in any way, but a huge well done needs to go to our support.

I can understand people thinking differently, but we've still got a lot to smile about – it wasn't that long ago that we nearly didn't have a football club.

I'm absolutely gutted, but we have to dust ourselves down and win a trophy on Saturday.
We lost a game of football last night – we've overcome far worse than that in our history.

Today, amidst the sadness, I'm immensely proud to be a Rangers fan.

We are the people.

Apologies in advance for penning a positive post.

Yes, I'm still obviously absolutely gutted.
However, apart from the result, this feels completely different to how I felt after Manchester when I walked back into the city centre after the game and saw the carnage. The subsequent negatives headlines were horrible.

This time, though, we've made friends and gained admirers all over Europe. Make no mistake, our many enemies would've been eagerly anticipating negative headlines about our fans' behaviour – and there isn't a single one.
When you think of the incredible numbers who made their way to Seville, that is simply incredible.

This isn't meant to be patronising in any way, but a huge well done needs to go to our support.

I can understand people thinking differently, but we've still got a lot to smile about – it wasn't that long ago that we nearly didn't have a football club.

I'm absolutely gutted, but we have to dust ourselves down and win a trophy on Saturday.
We lost a game of football last night – we've overcome far worse than that in our history.

Today, amidst the sadness, I'm immensely proud to be a Rangers fan.

We are the people.
An entracht fan came up to me after the game and said,
Your fans reacted so well in defeat.
Not sure if I was meant to punch him, but just said, well done.

No matter how well we behave we won't stop stories like this one

'Huge brawl' FFS, it's a couple of daft lassies rolling about and quickly being separated. If that's the best they can come up with it's a sign that 99.99% of our fans behaved impeccably.

Exactly how I feel. Gutted the now, not even the Scottish Cup will bring me round I dont think. But it's been a hell of a journey.

I'll forget the game, never watch it again, but the one thing that will stick with me, is BTs slowed motion capture of Aribo wheeling away to the rangers support with that look on his face after he scored. That was the look of a wee boy who's dream just came true. To score in the final of a major European competition.

Credit to the players, you have given me some of the best nights of my life recently.

Credit to the fans, home and away, they have been unbelievable. I even saw pictures of bin bags with a rangers crest and words to the effect of "cleaning up Seville"

I look forward to next season with feelings of anticipation. Gio will lead us to a treble. He'll learn on these last 6 months and clean sweep next season.

Exactly how I feel. Gutted the now, not even the Scottish Cup will bring me round I dont think. But it's been a hell of a journey.

I'll forget the game, never watch it again, but the one thing that will stick with me, is BTs slowed motion capture of Aribo wheeling away to the rangers support with that look on his face after he scored. That was the look of a wee boy who's dream just came true. To score in the final of a major European competition.

Credit to the players, you have given me some of the best nights of my life recently.

Credit to the fans, home and away, they have been unbelievable. I even saw pictures of bin bags with a rangers crest and words to the effect of "cleaning up Seville"

I look forward to next season with feelings of anticipation. Gio will lead us to a treble. He'll learn on these last 6 months and clean sweep next season.
Yep the game on Saturday doesn't excite me at all and winning it will be like a second prize to me,maybe nearer Saturday I will feel different ,who knows.

'Huge brawl' FFS, it's a couple of daft lassies rolling about and quickly being separated. If that's the best they can come up with it's a sign that 99.99% of our fans behaved impeccably.

And right beside it they have an article about 15 arrests at the May OF game, after a ‘disturbance’.

Green Brigade & Bhoys fighting. No club mentioned & this ‘disturbance’ had more arrests than the incident with Rangers fans.

No agenda from the Rhecord ?

55 and this run have given me so much unadulterated joy too mate.

Leipzig was one of the best nights of my life.

Thank you Rangers & thanks fellow bears for the wonderful memories.

Coming home from Seville and listening to radio 4 Roddy Forsyth was on, and to be very fair, one of his opening comments was, “remember Rangers drew the game 1. 1. they lost on the kick of a penalty. What makes that better is it’s a
U.K. National Broadcaster, not a Shitty Little Countries excuse for a broadcaster.

It's a sore one. The huge build up has definitely made it a harder fall but as the day goes by and now that I've got through the morning of smug comments from happy paedo supporting work colleagues, they too know it was a real feat to make that final. Proud of what the team have accomplished and sincerely hope Gio seriously strengthens this team and takes us on to bigger and better trophies.

German Sky have been full of praise for the Rangers our fans and read alot of positve comments from Franfurt fans on social media. Im not sure if the UK media picked up on what the president of Frankfurt said ( former player called Fischer who played against us back in the day) .He said it was laughable the two of Europes most traditional and best supported clubs were forced to play in small lego stadium and both sets of fans could have sold it out 10 times over :) Live on RTL. you could see the others thinking pipe down. He comes across as proper football man

German Sky have been full of praise for the Rangers our fans and read alot of positve comments from Franfurt fans on social media. Im not sure if the UK media picked up on what the president of Frankfurt said ( former player called Fischer who played against us back in the day) .He said it was laughable the two of Europes most traditional and best supported clubs were forced to play in small lego stadium and both sets of fans could have sold it out 10 times over :) Live on RTL. you could see the others thinking pipe down. He comes across as proper football man
Read about that earlier:

It's a sore one. The huge build up has definitely made it a harder fall but as the day goes by and now that I've got through the morning of smug comments from happy paedo supporting work colleagues, they too know it was a real feat to make that final. Proud of what the team have accomplished and sincerely hope Gio seriously strengthens this team and takes us on to bigger and better trophies.
How can any scum fan think they have anyway to comment on our achievement, they were shite in Europe and got lucky with the league.

I shared planes and trains with Eintracht fans. Before and after they have been brilliant. No gloating after, just respect. They realise it could have flipped our way. Massive respect for that club now. I'm in Dusseldorf just now waiting on a flight to Manchester, (another 4 hours ) enjoying a beer reflecting on what could have been. But slowly getting over it and the pride in what we have achieved is slowly being realised again

Being wished good luck on the streets of Benalmadena on Monday and Tuesday by locals who we ploughed much needed money into their community that relies heavily on tourism after covid.
To the same on the streets of Seville and in bars and restaurants. Locals filming us walking to the ground and waving from their windows.
I feared the worst when we got kettled on the way to the ground and then stopped at cordons by police famous for itching for a fight as time creeped by closer to kick off and people started to get nervous and even more so at half time where dehydrated bears had no water and were being told to basically f"ck off by police gripping their batons but once again we behaved impeccably under horrendous circumstances.

We seem to have a reputation even within our own support of being badly behaved trouble makers. Which couldn't really be any further from the truth. For the numbers that travel there will always be bad apples but the vast majority of Bears who follow are always well behaved. The Manchester police wading into thousands of rangers fans that had been drinking all day and were expecting to see their team in a European final is what caused the scenes in Manchester. They put a message on the screen to head to the Velodrome. I was sober and 18 years old on my own cause I got split up from my friends. I asked a policeman what way was the velodrome and he swung his baton at me.

Loved Seville as a city and would love to go back soon with the missus for a long weekend. The locals couldn't have been friendlier and I loved the wee streets with bars and restaurants dotted around and the squares. We found a small bar not far from the ground for the last couple of hours before kick off. They didn't speak much English but they couldn't have been more accommodating to me and my mate. 2 guys and one of their boys came in and asked if they would be able to watch the game there and they were trying their best to sort it for them while we were leaving. Was just a great vibe about the place.
Disappointed about the result and how it came about but I couldn't be prouder of the players and the fans for giving me what will be some of my most cherished memories in life.
From Dortmund to having my 7 year old standing beside me as we beat Braga and seeing his face and knowing that if there was ever any doubt. Rangers have captured him for life to the unbelievable scenes at the Leipzig game. To then a few days in Benalmadena with my closest friends in the sunshine before an unforgettable day yesterday where I celebrated Rangers scoring a goal to take the lead in a major European final.
If I never see it again then the memories and the stories of this one once the dust settles will live forever

After Manchester it was important that the fans changed the narrative of our fans behaviour. We lost last night but the one positive is that We aren’t leaving the stadium to scenes like after Manchester which totally ruined the whole experience. This time round all I’ll be gutted about it losing a pen shootout

After Manchester and I got home and seen all the headlines etc about the trouble in the city along with the result it put me on a real downer.
Obviously really gutted with last nights result but it was a superb trip and a great city the bears should be proud of how we represented the club.

Great post, thanks mate.

Reactions: TQ3
I shared planes and trains with Eintracht fans. Before and after they have been brilliant. No gloating after, just respect. They realise it could have flipped our way. Massive respect for that club now. I'm in Dusseldorf just now waiting on a flight to Manchester, (another 4 hours ) enjoying a beer reflecting on what could have been. But slowly getting over it and the pride in what we have achieved is slowly being realised again

Watching the tv last night i could see our fans were close to theirs and in some cases mixed in and there wasnt any bother.

All the timbo keyboard experts who predicted carnage talking out their arses. Again.

Being wished good luck on the streets of Benalmadena on Monday and Tuesday by locals who we ploughed much needed money into their community that relies heavily on tourism after covid.
To the same on the streets of Seville and in bars and restaurants. Locals filming us walking to the ground and waving from their windows.
I feared the worst when we got kettled on the way to the ground and then stopped at cordons by police famous for itching for a fight as time creeped by closer to kick off and people started to get nervous and even more so at half time where dehydrated bears had no water and were being told to basically f"ck off by police gripping their batons but once again we behaved impeccably under horrendous circumstances.

We seem to have a reputation even within our own support of being badly behaved trouble makers. Which couldn't really be any further from the truth. For the numbers that travel there will always be bad apples but the vast majority of Bears who follow are always well behaved. The Manchester police wading into thousands of rangers fans that had been drinking all day and were expecting to see their team in a European final is what caused the scenes in Manchester. They put a message on the screen to head to the Velodrome. I was sober and 18 years old on my own cause I got split up from my friends. I asked a policeman what way was the velodrome and he swung his baton at me.

Loved Seville as a city and would love to go back soon with the missus for a long weekend. The locals couldn't have been friendlier and I loved the wee streets with bars and restaurants dotted around and the squares. We found a small bar not far from the ground for the last couple of hours before kick off. They didn't speak much English but they couldn't have been more accommodating to me and my mate. 2 guys and one of their boys came in and asked if they would be able to watch the game there and they were trying their best to sort it for them while we were leaving. Was just a great vibe about the place.
Disappointed about the result and how it came about but I couldn't be prouder of the players and the fans for giving me what will be some of my most cherished memories in life.
From Dortmund to having my 7 year old standing beside me as we beat Braga and seeing his face and knowing that if there was ever any doubt. Rangers have captured him for life to the unbelievable scenes at the Leipzig game. To then a few days in Benalmadena with my closest friends in the sunshine before an unforgettable day yesterday where I celebrated Rangers scoring a goal to take the lead in a major European final.
If I never see it again then the memories and the stories of this one once the dust settles will live forever

Outstanding & emotional AB.

Back