Our Fans' Reputation Has Been Enhanced All Over The World

55 and this run have given me so much unadulterated joy too mate.

Leipzig was one of the best nights of my life.

Thank you Rangers & thanks fellow bears for the wonderful memories.
My wife, not a football fan, asked me if it was a big game I was going to out watch !!!
I replied “look, stupid (I actually said “Maza, doll” but I just fancy winding up the feminists and their apologists amongst us) this is the biggest game of my life”.
She said “that’s about the fifth time in the last year or so that you’ve said that”.
She’s right, as always of course, but thats what this season has done for us.
All those footballing highs over a short period, it’s been magnificent.

Cutlass Jnrs girlfriend lives a block away from The Almeda (the biggest fan zone) and said that once most of the Bears had left for the night there was a team of folk sweeping all the rubbish into the centre of the square and a big truck drove up and swept everything up, closely followed by another truck that followed behind and hosed the whole place down.
It took an hour to have the place looking pristine again....no fuss no big drama!
If that was George Square we'd still be knee high in cans and bottles two weeks on!
All bags there has the Rangers crest. We clearly sponsored/paid for the clean up. We noticed that before the game yesterday

Cutlass Jnrs girlfriend lives a block away from The Almeda (the biggest fan zone) and said that once most of the Bears had left for the night there was a team of folk sweeping all the rubbish into the centre of the square and a big truck drove up and swept everything up, closely followed by another truck that followed behind and hosed the whole place down.
It took an hour to have the place looking pristine again....no fuss no big drama!
If that was George Square we'd still be knee high in cans and bottles two weeks on!
And newspaper headlines. Great post.

Sitting in Madrid airport and reflecting on the past few days.

Our fans were magnificent. Impeccably behaved and will be hailed for having ploughed money into every town and city we’ve passed through.

Received well wishes in London, Madrid and Seville. What a welcome!

The Frankfurt support were brand new. Proper football folk who even took the time to console some rangers fans back in the city centre. A group of boys were asking me what the words to “Every Saturday we Follow” were.

What a journey. Will live with me forever.

An entracht fan came up to me after the game and said,
Your fans reacted so well in defeat.
Not sure if I was meant to punch him, but just said, well done.

Found them to be very very respectful tbh, leaving the stadium me and my mate were devastated tears running and more than one came to console us. They had nothing but positive words for our club and support.

Agree with the premise OP, but this should be the norm.

There was an expectation among fans (not just fans of Scottish clubs I should add) that Seville would get trashed.

Delighted it didn’t, just hope we continue in that form.

I agree with you, mate.

My wife, not a football fan, asked me if it was a big game I was going to out watch !!!
I replied “look, stupid (I actually said “Maza, doll” but I just fancy winding up the feminists and their apologists amongst us) this is the biggest game of my life”.
She said “that’s about the fifth time in the last year or so that you’ve said that”.
She’s right, as always of course, but thats what this season has done for us.
All those footballing highs over a short period, it’s been magnificent.

Funny.

But it has Tazza, it’s just been highlight After highlight for months.

So many amazing moments.

Of course, we’re Scottish, so it had to end with a low of course lol, but it’s painful.

Agree with the premise OP, but this should be the norm.

There was an expectation among fans (not just fans of Scottish clubs I should add) that Seville would get trashed.

Delighted it didn’t, just hope we continue in that form.
Was it really an expectation or more a desire.
We’ve played a good number of European games since Manchester, visited a lot of places, venues and drop offs, with next to no trouble whatsoever.
Okay, I get the numbers weren’t on the same level but where have the problems been?
I get the worry but this was grossly exaggerated by our haters to the point of hysterical, and manufactured, fear.
I’m sure many were desperate for trouble, desperate to put the boot in.

All the more remarkable given the way fans were treated at the actual game, it could easily have kicked off.

I'll be honest I feared the worst with so many going, you'd always expect there to be some sort of incident that could be blown out of proportion, but no, just people partying and enjoying themselves, brilliant.

Was it really an expectation or more a desire.
We’ve played a good number of European games since Manchester, visited a lot of places, venues and drop offs, with next to no trouble whatsoever.
Okay, I get the numbers weren’t on the same level but where have the problems been?
I get the worry but this was grossly exaggerated by our haters to the point of hysterical, and manufactured, fear.
I’m sure many were desperate for trouble, desperate to put the boot in.

Shit sticks, basically.

If everything goes without any incident 95% of the time, but 5% if the time it’s chaos, people remember that 5%.

The sentiment from blokes in my workplace, most of whom are in London and wanted us to win, was effectively “poor Seville”.

I’m not trying to make it a negative, because I’m delighted with the fact our fans went there in numbers, and by all accounts had a good time, and treated the city/locals with respect. I even accept that it is the norm - as I say though, when it goes badly, people remember.

Great post. I’m still in Malaga and there is still 100s maybe 1000s here in good spirits.

Devastated but it’s been some journey.

Travelled into Seville on the Glasweigan Buses from Malaga. Was a bit worse for wear when we got dropped off there in a taxi on Wednesday morning would have liked to have maybe got something to eat but I was at deaths door until just as the buses arrived. It looked a lovely place that was jumping with Rangers fans.
Special mention needs to go to the boys that run the Glasweigan buses. The travel to and from Seville was seamless.

From a Frankfurt forum

c02fd0c66f683f6fe8b2c2469376e792.png
To the Shellick lurkers. Even the Frankfurt fans know that you are obsessed dicks. The weirdest club and fans in world football! Fark off back to Ireland ( probably not as even the Irish hate you).

I arrived in Seville on Wednesday afternoon after flying from Heathrow to Madrid and then train to Cordoba then onto Seville. Bears everywhere the whole way down and quite a few Franfkurt fans on the trains. There was absolutely no hostility, both sets of fans chatting about the game, our seasons, our Europa runs and sharing beers.

We went for a few beers in the old town (i think) and both sets of fans were mingling together and having a bit of a sing song. Again there was absolutely no aggro and everyone was just in party mode.

Getting to the stadium was where it started to get a little tricky. I walked round a corner and straight into a line of policemen and got twatted across the back and pushed over for my trouble. A Frankfurt fan and a couple of bears picked me up and moved me back into the crowd of people the police had held there. There wasn't any aggression from any of us but we had to stand there for another half hour until we were all allowed to move towards the ground.

I was in F41 which was a mixed area next to the Frankfurt fans and although there were definitely more of us in there, it wasn't by a huge amount. Lots of singing from both sets of fans and again not a single bit of bother. When we scored i celebrated with a complete stranger and we fell into a couple of Germans... who for the second time that day picked me up. When they scored they celebrated and we grumbled but again no trouble at all.

Extra time and penalties was fairly quiet. I think by that time the heat, lack of water and nerves started to kick in. Each penalty was cheered and when they won i shook hands with the 7 or 8 Frankfurt fans that i had been speaking to and sharing drinks with during the game, clapped the team and then left the stadium. On the 30 minute walk back to my apartment i didn't see any trouble, just a lot of dejected and tired bears.

I had to get the train back to Madrid early on Thursday and on the walk to the station you wouldn't have known there had been a game on the night before. Everywhere was spotless. On the journey home a few people said how unlucky we were and a few Frankfurt fans said they hope we meet in the Champions League next season.

I think we did ourselves proud.

I arrived in Seville on Wednesday afternoon after flying from Heathrow to Madrid and then train to Cordoba then onto Seville. Bears everywhere the whole way down and quite a few Franfkurt fans on the trains. There was absolutely no hostility, both sets of fans chatting about the game, our seasons, our Europa runs and sharing beers.

We went for a few beers in the old town (i think) and both sets of fans were mingling together and having a bit of a sing song. Again there was absolutely no aggro and everyone was just in party mode.

Getting to the stadium was where it started to get a little tricky. I walked round a corner and straight into a line of policemen and got twatted across the back and pushed over for my trouble. A Frankfurt fan and a couple of bears picked me up and moved me back into the crowd of people the police had held there. There wasn't any aggression from any of us but we had to stand there for another half hour until we were all allowed to move towards the ground.

I was in F41 which was a mixed area next to the Frankfurt fans and although there were definitely more of us in there, it wasn't by a huge amount. Lots of singing from both sets of fans and again not a single bit of bother. When we scored i celebrated with a complete stranger and we fell into a couple of Germans... who for the second time that day picked me up. When they scored they celebrated and we grumbled but again no trouble at all.

Extra time and penalties was fairly quiet. I think by that time the heat, lack of water and nerves started to kick in. Each penalty was cheered and when they won i shook hands with the 7 or 8 Frankfurt fans that i had been speaking to and sharing drinks with during the game, clapped the team and then left the stadium. On the 30 minute walk back to my apartment i didn't see any trouble, just a lot of dejected and tired bears.

I had to get the train back to Madrid early on Thursday and on the walk to the station you wouldn't have known there had been a game on the night before. Everywhere was spotless. On the journey home a few people said how unlucky we were and a few Frankfurt fans said they hope we meet in the Champions League next season.

I think we did ourselves proud.

The Frankfurt guys I was speaking to are dying to come to Ibrox be it the Champions league or another competition.

Back