Our Fans today

I agree with most of your post , but you should remember there is a large number of Northern Ireland fans who follow our/their club every week

I respect that mate but I was reading earlier that Northern Ireland fans at Windsor now don’t sing any uvf stuff, so if that’s true, why bring it out at our games ?

As I say within the rules so I’m not having a dig , I’m just relieved more than anything that we did what was asked today . It’s my personal preference for less Ulster or uvf stuff but that’s all it is.

Quite worrying.

And we may already be facing a closed stadium in our European ties dependant upon what is reported for Legia & The Danes.

As well as hurting us fans, it hurts a club fighting financially to the tune of 1m.

This is worry, the 'totting up' of offences will apply, but also highlights the 'game' that both uefa and fare are playing here.

I fully expect us to be hammered with a stand or stadium closure.

We are paying the penalty only now for 'offences' that occurred 5 games ago in this competition.
People can spare me the stuff about being warned years and years ago, if the singing against St Js merited sections of the stadium being closed, it should have been highlighted to the club immediately.

Instead, they have allowed 5 more games to pass where we have not had the chance to highlight and educate change but been allowed to dig a bigger hole, completely immoral in my view.

The club should have been given the chance to react and correct these issues, instead, we have only been provided more rope.

We are being well and truly played here.

I respect that mate but I was reading earlier that Northern Ireland fans at Windsor now don’t sing any uvf stuff, so if that’s true, why bring it out at our games ?

As I say within the rules so I’m not having a dig , I’m just relieved more than anything that we did what was asked today . It’s my personal preference for less Ulster or uvf stuff but that’s all it is.

I know exactly what you're saying mate , and you're right , I was only joking with you

This is worry, the 'totting up' of offences will apply, but also highlights the 'game' that both uefa and fare are playing here.

I fully expect us to be hammered with a stand or stadium closure.

We are paying the penalty only now for 'offences' that occurred 5 games ago in this competition.
People can spare me the stuff about being warned years and years ago, if the singing against St Js merited sections of the stadium being closed, it should have been highlighted to the club immediately.

Instead, they have allowed 5 more games to pass where we have not had the chance to highlight and educate change but been allowed to dig a bigger hole, completely immoral in my view.

The club should have been given the chance to react and correct these issues, instead, we have only been provided more rope.

We are being well and truly played here.

Agree with you.

It would be a disgrace if Warsaw took us to a stadium closure when we didn’t even know we were at risk.

I’m lost as to why St Joes game took as long to come out.

Doesn’t make sense, until you think of so many forces IN THIS COUNTRY feeding them eg Lawwell, O’Hagan, FARE.

Agree with you.

It would be a disgrace if Warsaw took us to a stadium closure when we didn’t even know we were at risk.

Doesn’t make sense, until you think of so many forces IN THIS COUNTRY feeding them eg Lawwell, O’Hagan, FARE.

That's why I said the game being played by both uefa and fare.
There is someone in uefa facilitating this, there must be.

I keep hearing, it's their baw, they're being fed by fare and we need to play along, it's songs now, it will simply move on to something else when there are no legs left in the songbook.

The club need to make a stand and fight against this singling out of us, how they do it, I don't know, but there must be avenues out there.

I keep hearing, it's their baw, they're being fed by fare and we need to play along, it's songs now, it will simply move on to something else when there are no legs left in the songbook.

The club need to make a stand and fight against this singling out of us, how they do it, I don't know, but there must be avenues out there.

We have to fight it absolutely Harry. The problem we have is we won’t win it until we stop the sectarian songs.

Then we should aggressively go at Celtic, FARE, Lawwell, O’Hagan, etc. There is plenty of evidence we can find I’m very sure.

Last edited:

Remember that fooker Lawwell has strong contacts in there too.

Remember that fooker Lawwell has strong contacts in there too.

There's been a lot of links made over the years by various fans on the internet regarding schottish fitbaw/fare/uefa.

The club needs to take up that battle formally, it's the only way it will end.

There will be an ear somewhere down the line that doesn't like someone involved, that's what it will take.

Fans superb as usual, no TBB, no running on pitch despite borna coming over etc but the song book was cringeworthy at times....why we insist on singing about a paramilitary organisation is beyond me! Yes some are WW1 based but will folk realise that? No.

4blokes in front of me who were obviously sharing the same brain cell decided we were not real Rangers supporters when then were shot down on the first first line of the Billy Boys make no mistake have sung this song before but this is the cross roads for our club. The future is more important to people like me who have followed for 50 plus years to see us being continually receiving penalties because some think that their behaviour is not damaging a great institution

Absolutely nothing wrong with singing Super Rangers if we leave out the 19th Century Terrorist bit. Which we didn't sing.
In terms of super rangers all it has to be tweaked to is We hate Celtic they are bastards..or are we not allowed to hate our rivals....?

Reactions: Des
4blokes in front of me who were obviously sharing the same brain cell decided we were not real Rangers supporters when then were shot down on the first first line of the Billy Boys make no mistake have sung this song before but this is the cross roads for our club. The future is more important to people like me who have followed for 50 plus years to see us being continually receiving penalties because some think that their behaviour is not damaging a great institution
And that’s what we need to do. Self police. Cause the actual police have shat it in this whole debacle.

Agree with you.

I would love to know how many sectarian/racist fines etc are handed out each match day by UEFA. Is that information readily available?

It’s very worrying & hard to believe mate.

I haven’t sung it in a stadium since we were told it would hurt the club.
I would love to know how many sectarian/racist fines etc are handed out each match day by UEFA. Is that information readily available?

I haven’t spent time looking at it to this point CG because I’ve been focussed on another project, but I’d be amazed if there isn’t something on the UEFA site that records every censure ?

I agree mate, it’s only until the next time .The club need to lay the law down that it’s Rangets songs only along with the Sash and Derry’s walls.

Why those two specific Loyalist Songs only mate? Derry’s Walls is not more relevant than say UDR4 or We’re Coming Down the Road.

We can sing whatever songs we like as long as they aren’t sectarian. Whether that’s to someone’s taste is a different matter but the crux of the matter is - get rid of the sectarianism. We don’t need to get rid of other songs.

If you get done for speeding it doesn’t mean you just pack in driving all together - you just stop committing driving offences.

It’s being over complicated.

I keep going back to this,but why when your brothers and sisters in Ulster have stopped singing these songs do we need to.
It's not just happened with their national team,it's also happened in their club football.
I know lads from carrickfergus who attend NI games home and away,they don't do it. They take their Ulster flags and union jacks with pride to show their identity.
So please someone tell me why we need to do it?

This by a country mile:)

I keep going back to this,but why when your brothers and sisters in Ulster have stopped singing these songs do we need to.
It's not just happened with their national team,it's also happened in their club football.
I know lads from carrickfergus who attend NI games home and away,they don't do it. They take their Ulster flags and union jacks with pride to show their identity.
So please someone tell me why we need to do it?

Make this a sticky .

Why do we still hear it at our games ?

It’s boring , it’s neddy , it’s yesterdays news .

Let it go . For all our sakes not just to “ appease” uefa .

Should’ve been done years ago .

I thought the support gave great backing today.
The UVF stuff does us no favours I feel but I’m not going to criticise anyone who sings them as I have sang them all at one point.
Me personally I’m going to commit to not singing the Billy Boys or Super Rangers from now on in.
I’m sticking to Rangers songs with possibly a Derry’s Walls thrown in now and then for raucousness!

I agree.

I’ll not be joining in anything that is going to get us fined, stand closures, bans or points deductions (and, oh yes, that IS coming from the SPFL if we carry on down the same road).

We need to consign some songs to the history books, as has happened many times over the years before.

I agree.

I’ll not be joining in anything that is going to get us fined, stand closures, bans or points deductions (and, oh yes, that IS coming from the SPFL if we carry on down the same road).

We need to consign some songs to the history books, as has happened many times over the years before.

This is a very obvious concern to me Arminius.

UEFA May push the SFA to be in line with them too. It’s only a matter of time.

Let’s get our house sorted out with regard to sectarianism & start to then attack our haters from a position of strength.

People can turn this on our haters but not based on where we are at the moment.

Personally I thought the fans were magnificent yesterday.

On a day when the eyes, and ears, of literally the whole nation were on us, waiting for us to drop the ball, we delivered a very very strong response and performance

Even if Super Rangers was heard in the last minute, it was literally be a couple of fans. That is an enormous improvement.

The big test is Thursday and Sunday

Let’s get our house sorted out with regard to sectarianism & start to then attack our haters from a position of strength.

Exactly. I don't like the one way traffic with this any more than the next gers fan,but if we clean it up then we can maybe expose certain people behind this.
Now I'm No great fan of social media,but it does give people outside of the journalistic profession the opportunity to fight back,because let's face it,at the moment the smsm are not going to help us.they've already endorsed fan violence on a football pitch,with regards to the cup final. Surely unheard of in any western country.
The demonizing of Rangers can be found somewhere in Hollyrood with the current govt and their cosy relationship with irish republicans.
That needs to be dealt with another day.

Exactly. I don't like the one way traffic with this any more than the next gers fan,but if we clean it up then we can maybe expose certain people behind this.
Now I'm No great fan of social media,but it does give people outside of the journalistic profession the opportunity to fight back,because let's face it,at the moment the smsm are not going to help us.they've already endorsed fan violence on a football pitch,with regards to the cup final. Surely unheard of in any western country.
The demonizing of Rangers can be found somewhere in Hollyrood with the current govt and their cosy relationship with irish republicans.
That needs to be dealt with another day.

100% mate, albeit we can pull that day forward by sorting things & then going after them for their blatant bias.

Fans superb as usual, no TBB, no running on pitch despite borna coming over etc but the song book was cringeworthy at times....why we insist on singing about a paramilitary organisation is beyond me! Yes some are WW1 based but will folk realise that? No.

Might offend the bears in the UDA too no-one ever takes them into consideration. :))

Can UEFA actually do this Grigo, I thought they couldn't get involved in the domestic side of football.

Back