Our fastest player?

Jones Hastie and OJo would be my bet.....then maybe a couple of the youth squad as dark horses!!

Pretty sure it was mentioned last season that it was Candieas with Middleton very close behind.

Ojo looks rapid do would be interested to know if he's now our quickest.

Fastest can be a bit misleading. Pretty sure Kris Boyd was clocked as being the fastest player in training over 100m during his second spell with us.

Fastest can be a bit misleading. Pretty sure Kris Boyd was clocked as being the fastest player in training over 100m during his second spell with us.
Against Ian Black, Kyle Hutton and 40 year old McCulloch that probably wasn’t hard!

Way before my time, but Jimmy Greaves said that Ronnie McKinnon was the fastest player he ever played against.

I'm sure a couple of the older Bears on here could possibly confirm how quick McKinnon was?
I don't recall McKinnon being noticeably fast. What he did have, though, was timing and anticipation and I think that's why he often got to a ball first.

Agree it’s misleading - can’t imagine Boyds 5th 100m sprint was clocked at the same as his first :)

A wee bit of fun seeing as we have another couple of days before we're back in action. The Murphy thread got me thinking, who in our current squad is the fastest? Obvious ones are Candeias and Tav. Sadiq would probably be our fastest ever, if only he could kick a ball. What are your thoughts FF?

Glenn Middleton.

Anybody else remember the game in the 80's when we had a running track at the Govan Stand (before they lowered it) and Andy Kennedy (reserve breaking into 1st team) ran just outside olympic time?

Anybody else remember the game in the 80's when we had a running track at the Govan Stand (before they lowered it) and Andy Kennedy (reserve breaking into 1st team) ran just outside olympic time?

I’m fairly sure i was at his debut, against Dundee Utd? Lightening quick. So was Barrie Mackay.

A wee bit of fun seeing as we have another couple of days before we're back in action. The Murphy thread got me thinking, who in our current squad is the fastest? Obvious ones are Candeias and Tav. Sadiq would probably be our fastest ever, if only he could kick a ball. What are your thoughts FF?
Currently it’s Ojo, then hastie and Jones. Past fastest Bjorklund and Lovenkrands.

Would also depend over what distance in a 100m sprint its probably Ojo but he wouldn't be able to maintain his maximum speed for as long as Docherty as he has experienced distance running so when it got to around 200-300m Doc would take the lead and be difficult to catch

Sprint speed over 100m or more for a football player isn't really of any great significance though. Is it? Surely, for sprinting, it's that initial bust over the first 10 yards and then, on occasion, holding that over maybe 30 yards if necessary. Not often you see a football player actually go flat out for much more than that.

The ability to do it multiple times I can understand. Then, of course, for the likes of Docherty, it's more about a combination of speed and endurance - he doesn't need that lightning burst too often but he needs to cover a lot of ground over 90 minutes with little bursts throughout.

I'd say Jones and Hastie, with Ojo in the mix as well. Probably Jones over 10 yards and Hastie/Ojo beyond that.

Pace over 5-10 yards is the most important for a footballer, especially in attack.
No idea who'd be our fastest player currently.

It was always Bud back in the day. He used to handicap himself by wearing heavy pit boots, and still couldn't be beat.

Back