Our fastest player?

55degreesnorth

A wee bit of fun seeing as we have another couple of days before we're back in action. The Murphy thread got me thinking, who in our current squad is the fastest? Obvious ones are Candeias and Tav. Sadiq would probably be our fastest ever, if only he could kick a ball. What are your thoughts FF?

Think players can be categorised as fast in different ways, candeias/jones over 5/10 yards are rapid, Ojo when at full flow is probably the quickest.

Think he was the MOTM in the 1967 game against England at Wembley, despite Law and Baxter getting all the plaudits.

I've watched the DVD of that game a few times.

You really need to move on, you keep going back to the future, here was I thinking you were an athlete but you’ve got one of those time motors.

Way before my time, but Jimmy Greaves said that Ronnie McKinnon was the fastest player he ever played against.

I'm sure a couple of the older Bears on here could possibly confirm how quick McKinnon was?

Sandy raced at Powderhall in the early 70's. Of course, as an overlapping full back, you got to see his pace. Similarly with Bud whilst out on the wing. Never really noticed how fast Ronnie was. If Greaves said that, it must be true, because he was fast himself, especially over ten yards.

Ojo by a good head, Candeias isn’t that fast it’s just because he’s small it looks like his legs are going faster but he’s not got the stride IMO.

Past players, Joachim Björklund was the fastest I ever saw.
Current players probably Ojo but we have a few very fast players. Docherty is very quick.

Doc won a few races in training did he not?

Doc was a decent 400m runner at school and was top 20 in Scottish Schools Cross Country championships.

Top in the endurance runs in Portugal.

Not so much of a sprinter.

Back