Gazza 8

Official Ticketer
Who takes the number one spot?

Baxter
Souness
Gazza
Durrant
B. Ferguson

Any others that come close who aren't on that list?

At the age of 30 unfortunately I never got to see Baxter or Souness and was maybe a bit too young to fully appreciate Gazza and Durrant. Barry was the main man for me growing up.

Dunno why but I read the thread title in a Sean Connery accent. I'm going to say Steve Davis as I've seen him play live and yes they may be better than him but I would be going on YouTube videos and second hand accounts.

Jim Baxter is Rangers greatest player in my lifetime, Gascoigne was top class as was Ferguson, Souness as great a player as he was he only started 50 games for us and his Liverpool days was where his true greatness shone. The only player that could challenge Baxter for our greatest player is Laudrup but Baxter is our finest player in my time

To young to have seen Baxter so can’t compare him to the rest.

solely on contributions on the pitch it would be Barry Ferguson but if talking about genuine best footballer I would opt for Souness over the others I have watched in the blue jersey.

No one touches Baxter.

Gascoigne was unstoppable on his day.

Durrant was magnificent.

Ferguson? I worked beside a guy who knew his mum. Before he got in the team, he told me that she was saying "They're saying Barry's head and shoulders above his big brother".
I didn't believe it, but it was oh so true...and oh so welcome. (No disrespect).

I firmly believe that but for the actions of a coward the answer would have been Durrant. Pre injury he was genuinely that good and would only have improved.

When you look at what they achieved in the game you could make an argument for Souness or even Gattuso but both had their success away from us.

Too young to have seen Baxter in the flesh so would say Gazza edges it over Ferguson.

On their day, Durrant and Gascgoigne could be brilliant. Souness and Wilkins were class, but a little past their best when they came to us. Too young to have seen Baxter, so it's Barry for me.

We might have had him too late and with managerial priorities.

But Souness is the best player to grace our midfield in my lifetime.

I'm 47 so I have no idea about Jim Baxter.

And Gazza was a very special talent, who I absolutely adore, but it's still Souness.

Far too young to have seen Baxter play, but according to my grandad he was one of the best in the world of his generation, so I'd imagine it would be him.

Having not seen him myself, its Gazza for me, though I think Durrant could have exceeded him had it not been for that injury.

Back