our injured players

Muay Bouk

أنا لا أحب البابا
Staff member
Can anyone tell me what the injuries sustained by Roofe, Helander or Souttar are?

Roofe, was injured the second day of pre-season and not a word since, that's close to 4 months with an injury?? 20k a week

Helander, injured pre-season, not a word since 4 months 25K a week

Souttar, not seen apart from a couple of 20 minute cameos. 15K a week.

That's 60k a week on three players who let's face it we all know will never put a sustained run of games together for the club again.

However I am keen to know the actual injuries they have sustained, 4 months out injured is a significant period of time.

He was really bad when he was playing if we’re honest.

Helander’s the best defender at the club, just a shame he’s made of glass. Most of it is just more great work by Wilson.
He had a great game against us in the cup final in may tbf , let’s give the guy a chance … let’s look back at Prodan , an absolute imposter who knew he was carrying a borderline serious injury, a fùcking 4 year deal he got ffs , signed with no medical taking place… Rozental , seriously injured in his second game, 17 appearances in 5 years, 3 goals …. I may be outta line here , but Kuznetsov played the best part of 270 professional games before he came to us, injured the obligatory second game,the challenge didn’t look too bad, obviously souness was raging, 4 year deal, out for the first year, games here and there for the rest of his rangers career … was it bad luck?

Souttar has had his problems, but he’ll come good…

No, if they were all fit, the club would still be paying them "the guts of 60k a week" , and they still would not be first choice. Every company pays for sick employees. So why are you so "keen" to know the actual injuries.

I would personally like to know what has kept them out injured for four months. This is about the transparency thing from the club.

He had a great game against us in the cup final in may tbf , let’s give the guy a chance … let’s look back at Prodan , an absolute imposter who knew he was carrying a borderline serious injury, a fùcking 4 year deal he got ffs , signed with no medical taking place… Rozental , seriously injured in his second game, 17 appearances in 5 years, 3 goals …. I may be outta line here , but Kuznetsov played the best part of 270 professional games before he came to us, injured the obligatory second game,the challenge didn’t look too bad, obviously souness was raging, 4 year deal, out for the first year, games here and there for the rest of his rangers career … was it bad luck?

Souttar has had his problems, but he’ll come good…
Not sure what any of those guys have got to do with Souttar mind! I think everyone will give him a chance. But you can’t blame fans for huffing when he’s predictably injured, it’s just absolutely irritating when we’re already got so many perennially injured players in the squad.

Not sure what any of those guys have got to do with Souttar mind! I think everyone will give him a chance. But you can’t blame fans for huffing when he’s predictably injured, it’s just absolutely irritating when we’re already got so many perennially injured players in the squad.
Souttar wants to play football and get fit , and he will… prodan didn’t he signed the deal knowing he was finished

I agree it would be good to know when they're actually back in the press conferences. All we get are vague responses indicating the manager has no idea, or doesn't want to tell us. I think we can assume right now that Helander and Roofe are slowly going to be cast aside, regardless of their fitness.

A fully fit Roofe is an asset who I rate, but it always takes him a few games to get up to speed and then he seems to get injured again. If we continue playing with one striker, it's always going to be Morelos or Colak who comes off the bench ahead of him. His best chance is either side of a front 3, but I'm not sure he has the pace for that anymore.

Helander is likely going to find himself behind Davies given the money we've just spent on him and the fact Helander's deal is expiring.

We do have a horrible habit of signing players with known injury issues, always have done.

Roofe was worth the risk. If he could stay fit he wouldn't be with us he'd be at a lower EPL club. He's been worth the punt for me due to his goals in the 55 season and he's scored some very important goals for us in Europe.

Helander actually prior to coming to us didn't have too bad a fitness record. Rangers injury woes strike again sadly and I'm not sure we will renew his deal.

Souttar has had 3 very serious injuries (all achilles?) So I really don't know why we signed him other than he was free and Scottish, I rate him if he could stay fit but he's never fit. Personal issues at play as well if rumours are to be believed?

Davies is a concern for me as it looks like we've yet again signed another CB who wont feature much. It is early days for him tho and rumours of some pretty significant personal issues so more than prepared to give him time.

Bar Lundstrum and it would appear Lawrence our business the last 2 years has been rank rotten tbh.

He was really bad when he was playing if we’re honest.

Helander’s the best defender at the club, just a shame he’s made of glass. Most of it is just more great work by Wilson.
Not saying whether he will or won’t come good for us, but he played 1 game for us before being injured and it was a few days after his brother died. I’m personally going to give him a pass on that performance.

Not saying whether he will or won’t come good for us, but he played 1 game for us before being injured and it was a few days after his brother died. I’m personally going to give him a pass on that performance.

On that awful plastic pitch too and he was playing LCB, not that familiar to him.

Davies is a concern for me as it looks like we've yet again signed another CB who wont feature much. It is early days for him tho and rumours of some pretty significant personal issues so more than prepared to give him time.
Nobody seems clear on exactly what the problem with Davies is.

Firstly it was reports that he was dealing with personal issues, possibly his wife having cancer, then he was supposedly injured but folk were inferring this was just a smokescreen for the personal thing.

Now he’s supposedly available again but can’t seemingly get a game?

All very cloak and dagger.

i want Lawrence back first then the rest clise behind
But Gio told us he was fine the day he never took him off and got injured last kick of the ball v Ross County despite us being 4 0 ahead. He stuck him up front rather than giving someone on the bench some game time.

Can anyone tell me what the injuries sustained by Roofe, Helander or Souttar are?

Roofe, was injured the second day of pre-season and not a word since, that's close to 4 months with an injury?? 20k a week

That's 60k a week on three players who let's face it we all know will never put a sustained run of games together for the club again.

However I am keen to know the actual injuries they have sustained, 4 months out injured is a significant period of time.
Roofe - Hair injury, Helander - glass injury, Souttar - just constant injury.

Are the doctors who seem to turn a blind eye to incoming players sickness records the same ones that seemingly keep them off the park when they’ve signed?

If not, can we rotate their jobs please? it’d stop us signing duds and accelerate their returns perhaps.

#Justsayin’ I’m of course being flippant

We do have a horrible habit of signing players with known injury issues, always have done.

Roofe was worth the risk. If he could stay fit he wouldn't be with us he'd be at a lower EPL club. He's been worth the punt for me due to his goals in the 55 season and he's scored some very important goals for us in Europe.

Helander actually prior to coming to us didn't have too bad a fitness record. Rangers injury woes strike again sadly and I'm not sure we will renew his deal.

Souttar has had 3 very serious injuries (all achilles?) So I really don't know why we signed him other than he was free and Scottish, I rate him if he could stay fit but he's never fit. Personal issues at play as well if rumours are to be believed?

Bar Lundstrum and it would appear Lawrence our business the last 2 years has been rank rotten tbh.
If we'd punted Lundstram in January, no-one would have batted an eyelid. By May he was 'the best on earth'. Let's give the new guys a chance to settle.

Helander was injured in April in the 4-0 win at St Mirren unless I'm mistaken. So more like 6 months for him now is it not?

I have no idea what injuries these guys have but they will be being treated by medical professionals who do. Why do we need to know, all we need to know is they are currently n/a.

we need a boost and to have Helander, Roofe, Souttar, Hagi, Lowry fit after the World Cup break would be a massive bonus. Will it happen, who knows.

Isn't Helander's injury related to the one he picked up at St Mirren? Pretty sure Gio said in Portugal that he felt something again in that foot he injured.

Firstly it was reports that he was dealing with personal issues, possibly his wife having cancer, then he was supposedly injured but folk were inferring this was just a smokescreen for the personal thing.

Liverpool signed him and had a defensive injury crisis they also had massive fixture pile ups and he still never got 1 minute of first team football. More to this than meets the eye and I think we’ve had our pants pulled down with this signing and he will spend 99% of his time on our bench or not even in the squad.

Liverpool signed him and had a defensive injury crisis they also had massive fixture pile ups and he still never got 1 minute of first team football. More to this than meets the eye and I think we’ve had our pants pulled down with this signing and he will spend 99% of his time on our bench or not even in the squad.
So that’s £11m Liverpool have done us out of in recent times plus a game for their 3rd level squad players.

July is two months ago, not 4. Good to get yet another thread on injuries as it’s Been at least 2 days and 0 press conferences since the last one for anyone to know anything

Would help if someone with access to a press conference would ask the question.

None of us have a clue because the updates we get are so vague. Souttar and Helander are out long term but who knows what GVB considers long term.

Anything from a couple of months to a year

I still think we should have held on to Itten.

9 starts for his new club domestically and 6 goals and 4 assists. Over a goal per 90 minutes as well.

None of us have a clue because the updates we get are so vague. Souttar and Helander are out long term but who knows what GVB considers long term.

Anything from a couple of months to a year
Nobody follows up and asks him if he can be a bit clearer and tell us what is actually wrong with them.

July is two months ago, not 4. Good to get yet another thread on injuries as it’s Been at least 2 days and 0 press conferences since the last one for anyone to know anything
Don’t comment then, it’s not that hard, and did pre season start In July? It started June 27th and it’s now the 28 of September so 3 months and a week.

So not two months at all is it?

Back