Our levels when Tillman went off

he's got a great touch, some superb takes tonight. however, wanted too long on the ball. just needs to work on decision-making.

Class player with huge potential. His link up play is tremendous. Once he went off our attacking threat lowered considerably. Thought it strange he came off and although he was tiring, he wasn't the only one.
He was laboured and lost the ball too much for me tonight. He looked knackered after 10 minutes.

I thought Tillman was poor for most of the game but started to grow into it in the 10 mins or so before he was substituted. There’s no doubt he has the talent to be the difference. I know Lawrence does more work going back the way but he should have come off before Tillman.

He wasn't very good tonight off the ball, his movement, positioning was very poor and too slow to react. He ahold have been off after around the 60 min mark

That’s more of a reflection on who replaced him. He had some nice touches but was a little lazy off the ball.

Lawrence replaced him, not as a sub obviously, but he moved in.

Even though he never had a great game he had 3/4 *moments* that is pleasing as it is better than offering f all, he wanted to do it.

Overplays at times, especially that chance in the first half where he should have just shot.
And the one second half when hit a poor shot but passed it left to Kent or Lawrence can’t remember which one it was. Think it will come with experience,the boy looks a good player

I didnt think things were coming off for him tonight. Like the OP I was a bit surprised he was subbed as he seems the type of player who can always pull off a moment of magic. However, when I thought about it, his final decision making had been poor. For example, the time he broke through on goal from midfield he had players either side of him and a pass seemed the better option, but he opted for a rather weak left foot shot. That summed up his evening for me.

Class player with huge potential. His link up play is tremendous. Once he went off our attacking threat lowered considerably. Thought it strange he came off and although he was tiring, he wasn't the only one.
I’d have had him off earlier. He was toiling and we had lost the midfield. I’d have had Jack and Matondo on for Tillman and Davis.

Tillman looks a great prospect though. Another Aribo if you like but, like Joe, he will amaze us at times and frustrate at others. I’d like to see more from him when off the ball, in terms of marking his man when defending and finding space for himself when we attack. No question he’s great with the ball at his feet.

Not his best tonight but still showed up, particularly in the first half. Need to remember he only turned 20 in May and has 12 first team games in his career.

Essentially the same age/experience Diallo had when he signed for us. A lot to expect of a guy with very little game play in such a huge tie.

I think part of the problem was also playing him out wide. He’s played his best football for us when he’s central - I don’t think the wider position suits him at all.

Are you having a laugh
Absolutely not.

I'm saying I haven't seen anything from him at all to merit his high standing on FF.

(But we all see things differently - personally, I'm always happy to see Scott Wright or Fashion Sakala playing but the majority are scathing in their judgement of those two.)

I thought he was really good to be fair, contrary to popular opinion. He showed for the ball all the time, he moved forward and was direct when he found space. He wasted a couple of passes in the final third, I’ll put that down to inexperience but he absolutely made us tick in the central area. When he moved with the ball, we moved with him and we made things happen.

He will have better games but this was not his worst by any stretch.

He is a huge talent.

Not his best tonight but still showed up, particularly in the first half. Need to remember he only turned 20 in May and has 12 first team games in his career.

Essentially the same age/experience Diallo had when he signed for us. A lot to expect of a guy with very little game play in such a huge tie.

Exactly this. He's young, lacking in experience and still needs more match fitness, and that showed. But he still got into positions, had some very nice touches and did make some things happen.

Thought he was like a wee boy playing against adults tonight, pushed off the ball too easily and constantly thinking he could take more time or an extra touch, poor performance but never hid and plenty of effort

He had the opportunity twice to play the ball to someone in space, Kent and Colak, but instead went himself and hit wasteful shots. Other than that I thought he done well.

The subs killed our attack, Kamara slows our whole play down at times and Wright is not good enough. Need a massive performance next week.

He's a talent no doubt but has to learn you can't lose the ball in certain areas of the pitch - he did it a few times too many especially in that first half.

Also should have played us in a couple of times and tried the hollywood pass when a bit of ball retention is all that's needed.

Him going off changed very little for me as PSV were having their best spell of the match up until we scored the 2nd.

He had a few excellent moments tonight, a few frustrating/head scratching ones however it did look like they doubled up on him a lot and crowded him out.

Tillman is class. Chuffed we have the option to buy.

He’ll learn his mistakes by his experiences with us and I think he’ll make us a lot of money in the end up.

He's also extremely wasteful at times. He needs to work on his ball retention as he undoubtedly has amazing talent.
Thought he was extremely poor tonight.

Was crying out for Kamara to come on, then when he did I forgot he’s almost allergic at making an attacking pass.

Brilliant in flashes but wasteful as well. Could've played Colak and Kent in.
Should have had a shot instead of trying to run his foot over the ball first half aswell. All these things will come with experience though.

His first touch to beat the defender when he should have played Kent in was crazy good.

He is a really good player but he is only 20. It wasn't his best night and he needed to be stronger. However he will have learned a lot tonight. He did look tired and I thought he needed subbed . However I expected Arfield to come on and add a bit of dig.

Absolutely not.

I'm saying I haven't seen anything from him at all to merit his high standing on FF.

(But we all see things differently - personally, I'm always happy to see Scott Wright or Fashion Sakala playing but the majority are scathing in their judgement of those two.)

In general play Tillman has comfortably looked our most accomplished new signing. And I include Colak in that.

I’m not saying he’s Diego Maradona…but what do you want, he’s scored twice already, is still bedding in, looks very accomplished and I suspect will only improve.

But yes, clearly we do see things differently. You advocate for Sakala. The Sakala I see can do great things…tempered by picking the wrong option the other 9 times out of 10.

The thing about Tillman, even when he isn’t having his best game, he’s still dangerous. He broke away from their midfield quite a few times tonight. When he went off it was back to negative play. Compared to Kent who was just very quiet.

Exactly this. He's young, lacking in experience and still needs more match fitness, and that showed. But he still got into positions, had some very nice touches and did make some things happen.
Tillman obviously has huge potential which is why he's playing in games like this. But if you look at the other players we have of his age, you've got Williamson at Raith and Mayo at Partick, for example. Obviously a bit of a skewed comparison given their backgrounds/talent but if GVB is going to play him, there has to be some context around the areas in which he's still to improve upon, decision making, as an example. That, you hope, will come.

If he had pace he wouldn't be with us.

However his lack of pace probably causes him to overplay as he doesn't get away from players.

I thought he was lucky not to be whipped off at HT as he was awful in the first half

Every time he got the ball it seemed like he either didn’t release it when he should have, played a pass straight to them or got it taken off him with ease.

Other than the odd decent flick or dummy, I thought he was poor and one of our poorest players in terms of performance tonight.

So far he’s looked the part domeatically.

But aside from his goal last week against USG, I don’t think he’s showed up in any of our 3 European games as yet

I’m a fan of his but he was at fault for the goal, almost sliced one into his own net and almost every time he got the ball he fell over or gave it away.
I don't agree but 'terrible' would've been fine 'absolutely terrible' was pathetically poor ;)

According to flash score he's only played 4 senior games for Bayern, that's his fourth game for us. He's only going to get better as he gets experience. And he was hardly terrible tonight

He had a great break through the middle and with options either side, chose to shoot and it was rather tame. At that point, he looked spent.

I don't think he had a bad game and it was the right decision to take him off, imo, but the mistake was replacing him with Wright.

Shouldn’t be too harsh in the lad. This is probably the biggest game he’s played in. He’s still learning.

He was subbed off because he was poor tonight. He looked quality in short spells but was far too wasteful and wanted too much time on the ball.

No surprise he came off but I would have been moving Lawrence central and replacing him with Matondo. Wright is pointless in games against quality opposition.

Our fans are very very fickle. He’s playing in the 10 role. He was trying things that didn’t always work out. However in the first half he was still involved in that lovely link up with Colak. He should have squared it. 2nd half he pulled away from their midfield. Again poor decision to shoot. Our fans give out the same treatment to Hagi. They are players that try to create. It’s probably why a lot of our play is ‘safe’ because our fans automatically go for ‘awful’ ‘terrible’ ‘should be subbed at HT’. He’s just turned 20. Plenty of positives tonight even on an off night. He been our best player so far this season.

Back