Our loanees

Polar bear

Id be happy to see the back of most of them when their contracts have run their course.
The only one Id like to keep is the one we couldn't afford,Ryan Kent.
Thoughts guys.:)

Kent without a doubt and at a push, Coulibaly- in the hope he can eventually recover early season form.

Did Coulibaly just have a purple patch and played better than he ever has and now his normal form has returned.
If he played like he did when he first came every week in France he would never have been loaned out..

The risk you take with loan players is they have no connection to our club.
They don't care if we win trophies leagues ect.
They know they are going back to their clubs.
Joe worrel said he is only interested in going back to forest to fight for his place.
Will loan players give you everything they have.

I think loans only work if you have an option to buy and the player is trying to impress for a move to us

We need to use the loan market better.

Established players at a better level who have fallen out of favour but are still hungry and have something to offer.

Academy types don’t work here.

Loans are not a good thing. We should always be looking to buy and develop younger players.

There good in some cases, like as the poster above said about try before you buy for player me genuinely wanting to play here.

But when they’re powder puff and half arsed, whilst keeping our own players off the park- not on.

Coulibaly has had a rough patch for quite a bit now but there's a player there. Even when he was playing his best his touch and passing could be a bit dodgy at times so it clearly won't hold him back from being an effective player for us and he's an engine so you won't have the same complaints that a guy like Ejaria has

For years we have tried this model

I can think of one ‘success’ and it was in Walters last season

We only utilized this model because we needed an absolute rebuild.

To some extent, it has been a success.

Kent is a decent player.

But going forward from now we shouldn’t have as many loans in our first team.

Some of us queried our use of the loan market in the summer.

We were lambasted by a lot of the board, after the start to the season we were hammered with a “we told you so attitude”

Turned out we were right. We made too many loan signings of the wrong type. 4 to 5 players being loans with little experience and no winning mentality has came back to bite us.

Kent is the only one that’s been a success and the only one I’d keep.

With the majority here. Would only keep Kent. The rest I’d be happy to see cut short in January.

Some of us queried our use of the loan market in the summer.

We were lambasted by a lot of the board, after the start to the season we were hammered with a “we told you so attitude”

Turned out we were right. We made too many loan signings of the wrong type. 4 to 5 players being loans with little experience and no winning mentality has came back to bite us.

Kent is the only one that’s been a success and the only one I’d keep.

It’s not been a rip roaring success. But it has been successful to degree. Having worrall, Ejaria, Kent, Coulibaly in the squad has taken us nearly into the last 32, taken us to the top of the league, albeit briefly and has allowed us to pretty the next transfer window where further long term investment in the squad can be made.

Ryan Kent I'd keep. That's it. We need to stop all these loans in my opinion. Too many of them know that even if they perform pish then they can still go back to their original clubs. Also, I question most of their desire.

Back