Our magnificent support is now the benchmark for others to follow

muttley

More than 100,000 Rangers fans in Seville, and not one arrest. Last Saturday in Glasgow we had The Trongate Riot involving the piggery dwellers, last year we had Scotland fans trashing London and abusing the locals. We're leading the way in fan behaviour, and rightfully receiving plaudits from other clubs abroad. Ibrox is also now a bucket-list destination for foreign football fans. Apart from the result in Seville midweek, life is good.

More than 100,000 Rangers fans in Seville, and not one arrest. Last Saturday in Glasgow we had The Trongate Riot involving the piggery dwellers, last year we had Scotland fans trashing London and abusing the locals. We're leading the way in fan behaviour, and rightfully receiving plaudits from other clubs abroad. Ibrox is also now a bucket-list destination for foreign football fans. Apart from the result in Seville midweek, life is good.
We welcome the chase

Our runs and results in europe these last 3/4 years have been excellent.

When you consider THAT pedro game was under 5 years ago its been some turnaround.

Rangers are the only scottish team mixing it in europe and can be relied apon to still be there after xmas and beyond.

The rest are a waste of space who contribute feck all.

Why would they be feeling daft because the support behaved in Seville and there wasn't enough staff to do a beamback?

Why are the two things part of the same equation?

staff numbers thing always felt like complete BS to me.

The condescending and patronizing videos the club put out said a lot

You just knew the Scottish media were expecting riots and couldn't wait to put the boot in. The atmosphere from both sets of fans on the Tuesday & Wednesday was first class. Ended up having a few pints with Frankfurt fans on the Tuesday and they were brand new.

How the supported acted in Sevilla must be making the board feel a bit daft for not having a beam back TBH
The Board will (rightly or wrongly) feel they made the correct decision as the whole occasion passed without the club receiving any negative press at home or abroad.

It was a joy and privilege to be there with the fans. I’ve loved every minute of chatting to people from all over who made their way to Seville with the same reason - the love of a team. So many overwhelming stories of journeys being undertaken. It’s unrivalled anywhere in the world.

Well done to every last Rangers fan. 100,000 travelled and zero arrests.
Nice that it's being recognised abroad and surely a UEFA official fan award is on the horizon.
However, no widespread congratulations coming from politicians and mhedia I expect...

Why would they be feeling daft because the support behaved in Seville and there wasn't enough staff to do a beamback?

Why are the two things part of the same equation?

The whole staffing stuff was a load of pish.

If they had wanted to put on a beamback they could have done.

They didn't want to do a beamback.

You just knew the Scottish media were expecting riots and couldn't wait to put the boot in. The atmosphere from both sets of fans on the Tuesday & Wednesday was first class. Ended up having a few pints with Frankfurt fans on the Tuesday and they were brand new.
They would have had the reports pre written and headlines ready to go. Get it up them.

We were in an apartment in the city centre and some Frankfurt fans were in the block and joined us on the rooftop terrace for beers and whisky. Their fans were top notch all throughout the day.

Has anybody got a link to the comment from Antonio Munoz (Mayor of Seville) praising Gers fans in Seville also having a go at Celtic

I get the impression from comments in the build up that some fans felt they hadn’t enjoyed Manchester as much as they could have due to “over-indulgence”

It probably helped that fans were spread over various areas in Seville without everyone being packed into one massively over-crowded area.

It seems 99% of the Eintracht fans were there to party and that definitely helped.

Friendly locals and sensible policing also helped

I get the impression from comments in the build up that some fans felt they hadn’t enjoyed Manchester as much as they could have due to “over-indulgence”

It probably helped that fans were spread over various areas in Seville without everyone being packed into one massively over-crowded area.

It seems 99% of the Eintracht fans were there to party and that definitely helped.

Friendly locals and sensible policing also helped
Manchester was 99% the fault of the greater manchester police force totally not listening to pre match warnings about the size of the support we were bringing and shat it big style turning off the screen in piccadily gardens , they treated people like animals and some acted like one but if history has taught us anything it sounds like despite some short comings in seville it shows manchester up for the cluster %^*& it became and Rangers fans if treated correctly will behave.

All staff were given a ticket for the game.

Who was turning that down to come back and work the remote control?
I think the Club could have got round that but I believe they didn’t want to run the risk of holding a beam back and there being any negative stories run in the media regarding behaviour before, during or after the event

Manchester was 99% the fault of the greater manchester police force totally not listening to pre match warnings about the size of the support we were bringing and shat it big style turning off the screen in piccadily gardens , they treated people like animals and some acted like one but if history has taught us anything it sounds like despite some short comings in seville it shows manchester up for the cluster %^*& it became and Rangers fans if treated correctly will behave.

Correct, mate. Treat fans with respect, and 99% of the time that respect will be returned.

Great post mate.

Getting a bit fed up of all the boo hoo poor me, i just care so much i cant go on, look at me pish posts.

Of course we are all gutted we didn't win but still so much to celebrate and be positive about. The recognition the club, players, stadium and fans have recieved is brilliant. And deserved! Feels like massive progress.

We are back, and back as a modern European club. Fantastic!

Great post mate.

Getting a bit fed up of all the boo hoo poor me, i just care so much i cant go on, look at me pish posts.

Of course we are all gutted we didn't win but still so much to celebrate and be positive about. The recognition the club, players, stadium and fans have recieved is brilliant. And deserved! Feels like massive progress.

Cheers, mate. We have a lot to be positive about. We are firmly back where we belong on the European stage. Our fans and Ibrox are also the envy of countless other clubs.

Great post. The fans were tremendous and had a great party for 3 days non-stop and made memories for life in Seville.

The travelling support were an absolutely credit to the club mixing with the locals and Frankfurt fans. It’s one huge feel good factor we can take away from the final even though we didn’t get the result we wanted. There’s a lot to be positive about.

Great post mate.

Brilliant post! Let’s do it tomorrow!

100,000 my hole.
150,000 easy…

Back