Our main stand

The stadium should be at least 70,000. 13,000+ Season Ticket holders on the waiting list + fans without ST's and tourists. The day will come when the other three stands will need to be demolished and built up with a higher capacity and half bowl shaped style with no big screens!

Even people that aren’t into football appreciate how glorious it is.

I was lucky enough to be in the directors box a couple of years ago and probably the most part I was looking forward to was walking through the main doors.

The facade is a given but I have to say I love looking at the Main Stand/Club Deck on the rare occasion that I sit in the Sandy Jardine.

What a magnificent sight! :))

29q1380.jpg

Have said repeatedly on here - the club should be exploring every option to allow moving the tv gantry into the Govan stand so that our main stand is shown off to the world in live games. The usual blah blah south facing / sun in the lens excuses will be trotted out any moment now, but in 2019 I refuse to believe that’s insurmountable. There can’t be NO stadia where the gantry faces south.

Added bonus would be even less chance of the scum in the corner being shown during coverage.

Agree 100% it’s always annoyed me

Stunning. I reckon the Bill Struth Main Stand has played a big part in quickly getting potential signings onboard with the idea of a move to us. How could you not be impressed when that structure appears before you...

Some have shat themselves and just can't handle it...

GN395.png

Sooner or later we will have to do something about the stadium

Can’t stay this way forever

We are not the only football club with history and others have moved into new stadiums
I take it you are referring to the likes of Arsenal etc?
Sure, “The Emirates” is a fantastic facility with everything laid on for the 21st Century, but on the whole it is soul-less and lacks the air of tradition that Highbury did.
I am sure that if you canvassed the Arsenal support today and asked them if they would have preferred to have stayed at an updated and modernised Highbury retaining it’s imposing Leitch façade, as opposed to moving a mile up the road and into their super-duper state of the art football “library”, they would opt for the former.
Call me old fashioned but, football has to be more than the provision of comfort and facilities for the fan. A huge part of following your team is to be proud of, and to soak up the history and tradition of your club.
THIS club, The Rangers F.C., has both in spades, and I for one would not like to surrender either for the sake of comfier seats and more up-market catering.

Any of you saw the Cairo museum looks very similar to Ibrox or possibly I was still under the influence of drink.

Back