Our Midfield can't handle physicality.

Kamara looks like he has bulked up a bit to help with the physical side. He's also making fewer mistakes on the ball, which helps.

A mate of mines brother played golf with De Boer. He said he couldn't believe the mentality of the Scottish fans. Running into corners chasing lost causes etc. Was frowned upon at Ajax. He was taught to get back into the formation and save his energy. As someone said above, our thinking when we get beat is we need to work harder, get more physical. Mostly, it's we don't have enough quality.

My least favourite excuse - we need a 'physical presence'. No, we need quality. It's went almost unnoticed, but wee bits of skill like Hagi for the first goal in Sunday where he 'flip flapped' the ball to put it inside the defender when he passed to Defoe. A beautiful piece of skill. This gave defoe more time to get his shot away. Then the quick thinking to move the ball to Aribo on the rebound. 2 sublime pieces of skill that broke Livi down. There are few players, if any, in Scotland who can do that.
Some bears moaning that we were pushed about versus Hibs.. We absolutely dominated the match and, with a wee bit more quality in front of goal we could have won easily.

Exactly, it was a lack of concentration at the back for a period of time that cost us against Hibs, imo. Frustrating, as we were by the far the better team and could've been three or four up.

Always seems to be an undercurrent that Scottish football is unique in some way with regards to phsycality and pace. It has a slight bit more of both, but quality can defeat them, not fighting fire with fire.

Kamara looks like he has bulked up a bit to help with the physical side. He's also making fewer mistakes on the ball, which helps.
A mate of mines brother played golf with De Boer. He said he couldn't believe the mentality of the Scottish fans. Running into corners chasing lost causes etc. Was frowned upon at Ajax. He was taught to get back into the formation and save his energy. As someone said above, our thinking when we get beat is we need to work harder, get more physical. Mostly, it's we don't have enough quality.
Alex McLeish told a great story about DeBoer asking him why fans would shout at him when he didn't chase a ball that was obviously going out. McLeish told him that I know it's going out and so do you but the average fan didn't. So just make enough of an effort to make it look as if your chasing it.

Scottish mentality is crazy, for example the average fan in Scotland will appreciate jack or arfield over say the likes of kamara. More cultured footballing nations will think there crazy

Scottish mentality is crazy, for example the average fan in Scotland will appreciate jack or arfield over say the likes of kamara. More cultured footballing nations will think there crazy
Arfield has arguably been more valuable than Kamara this year.

No one quite likes to shit on our own as much as the Scottish either. We’d be Olympic champs at that.

Arfield has arguably been more valuable than Kamara this year.

No one quite likes to shit on our own as much as the Scottish either. We’d be Olympic champs at that.
That’s not what I meant, get a Spanish, or Dutch Scout to watch or games and I bet they rate kamara possibly our best midfielder.

I can’t believe someone started a thread on this, Ross McCrorie lovers who think midfielders should be steaming about 100MPH.

If we drop points it’s not due to physicality.

It was started 2 days after the draw with Hibs.

Classic panty wetter stuff. OP looks a bit silly now.
Absolutely, after we drop any points people just lose their shit, there’s about a dozen threads picking apart absolutely everything about our players/tactics, refs performance, absolutely everything. And I’d say around 3/4 of them are hysterical nonsense.

Back