Our Midfield over the next 2 games

I don't think he gets in our "best" team but in the absence of Jack, Arfield has to start on Sunday for me. Don't think Aribo has enough bite to play in the middle 3 against them. Would have no objections to him playing in the front three but i'd also like to see Kent, Alfie, Roofe and Wright so we're going to have to disappoint more than one of them.

Would love the pace of Kent and Wright against their high line but the guile of Roofe close to Alfie is a whole other threat. Nice to have these options.

EDIT - Somehow forgot about Hagi. Another I would have no fears with starting in that front three.

I don't think he gets in our "best" team but in the absence of Jack, Arfield has to start on Sunday for me. Don't think Aribo has enough bite to play in the middle 3 against them. Would have no objections to him playing in the front three but i'd also like to see Kent, Alfie, Roofe and Wright so we're going to have to disappoint more than one of them.

Would love the pace of Kent and Wright against their high line but the guile of Roofe close to Alfie is a whole other threat. Nice to have these options.

EDIT - Somehow forgot about Hagi. Another I would have no fears with starting in that front three.
To be fair mate I get your point but I don’t think we’ve got a lot of bite in this team when we’re at full strength. Their weakness is obviously their defence and I think for us to win at the weekend we need to make the most of this with our more attack minded players. I think this maybe a high scoring game with both teams conceding hopefully we score more.

To be fair mate I get your point but I don’t think we’ve got a lot of bite in this team when we’re at full strength. Their weakness is obviously their defence and I think for us to win at the weekend we need to make the most of this with our more attack minded players. I think this maybe a high scoring game with both teams conceding hopefully we score more.
Don’t disagree with that. First time in a long time I’m going into one of these games expecting a bit of a shootout.

I will leave that to the gaffer, early goal puts it to bed surely, then make use of the subs to get players out of the exhausting heat...bring on Sunday !!

I wouldn’t play Davis on Thursday.

Not sure I would even take him tbh.

Need him firing for the OF. I worry we run him into the ground.

I’d play Kelly on Thursday, with Arfield and Kamara.

You don't necessarily need 'bite' against the likes of McGregor, Turnbull and Rogic though. With Brown leaving, this midfield is probably the least aggressive and weakest (physically) of any Celtic midfield in the last 30 years.

If we're playing our best midfield, Aribo starts in there every time ahead of Arfield.

Roofe, Kent & Morelos should get a lot of joy against their defence. The likes of Wright & Sakala (if fit) would get a lot of joy coming on as subs when their team inevitably tires after 60 or 70 minutes.

How mobile their midfield is?
They’ve been playing 3 out of the following 4 - McGregor, Turnbull, Rogic and Christie.
Mobile isn’t how I’d describe that lot!!
Against 10 men twice in the league already, let's see how they hold up to some quality opposition. Can see it being a humbling for them will knock them back to west ham levels of confidence.

Back