Our midfield yesterday

Tagsbear

All of them were excellent, never gave them a sniff in the match, not a moment to settle at all, Jack in particular was outstanding.

We were much better than them and I firmly believe we ARE much better than them, and what’s more we weren’t at our best, Kent for instance was unusually quiet.

A long way to go this season.

Lets be realistic they've won 10 trophies in a row now we can't say we are better than them by any stretch of the imagination.

The time to say we are better than them comes after we start winning trophies. The harsh reality is we lost to a team who had a free transfer from ST Mirren up top yesterday.

Lets be realistic they've won 10 trophies in a row now we can't say we are better than them by any stretch of the imagination.

The time to say we are better than them comes after we start winning trophies. The harsh reality is we lost to a team who had a free transfer from ST Mirren up top yesterday.

I can say I think we have a better team because I think we have, and them getting a blatantly offside goal with their only shot on target doesn’t change that.

I have my doubts about the title race. Not based solely on last night or even Wednesday night either. Purely because they've got a core of players who have been there and done it before. Long way to go though.

Edit: Forgot to allude to the original point. Our midfield was immense yesterday. Dominated them all over the park. It was eerily similar to the first OF win of last season in quite a few aspects. We just never got the break through when the momentum was stacked in our favour.

Last edited:
Our midfield totally dominated the match, in fact the whole team were dominant, just couldn't put the ball in the net.

We were better than them yesterday, but we had something like 18 attempts at goal and didn’t manage to score. That’s not good enough, and there’s no excuses for it.

I can say I think we have a better team because I think we have, and them getting a blatantly offside goal with their only shot on target doesn’t change that.

The fact that they scored with their only real attempt on target says far more about us than them to be honest.

I'm not sure if we win the title this year, it really will be so tight. However, what can be rubbished is people saying that we aren't heading in the right direction. I would say we are actually lucky to be where we are as a club now, as the previous few years could have been a lot worse if the off field stuff was still as bad.

All of them were excellent, never gave them a sniff in the match, not a moment to settle at all, Jack in particular was outstanding.

We were much better than them and I firmly believe we ARE much better than them, and what’s more we weren’t at our best, Kent for instance was unusually quiet.

Had the argument on bus, boy said Kamara was poor not sure if he was drunk or needs to go to specsavers. They all done well and calmed me down from my fear of missing Davis

Joe Aribo was by no means “excellent” yesterday, let’s be honest, neither was Scott Arfield or Kamara if we are being honest. Ryan Jack was, thats one out of four.

they had Johnny Hayes one side, an 18 year old on the other and Lewis Morgan up front. The blue tinted optimism on here absolutely baffles me sometimes

We were absolutely cheated out of that game yesterday. Nothing will change my mind.

The players didn't deserve to lose that. It's hard to win when the game is rigged

Ryan Jack was magnificent absolutely bossed the midfield. We were robbed, it’s sickening but it is what it is. Long way to go but if we turn up and play like that in every OF game the chances are we will win them all.

Twice they’ve beat us this season and you wouldn’t have known Forrest or McGregor we’re playing in either.

Yet they’ve still beat us twic :(

Their past endeavours have got feck all to do with yesterday and where the OP thinks we are now.
Yes, yesterday was a dissapointment but you have to take some heart in that on another day, that's a cup final you horse them comfortably in by a few goals. That's how I'm taking it. I can't sit here all angry as the team on the whole played pretty well yesterday.

Last edited:
Before Gerrard came in, it was inconceivable that we could dominate them in the middle of the park. We'd been bossed there continually by them.

It is a sign of progress, whether people want to believe it or not. However, our deficiencies are in being clinical in putting the ball in the back of the net.

Im fed up hearing this offside goal. The fact is we fluffed a penalty and couldnt score against 10 men. Not good enough yesterday goals win games not possession the momentum is with them once again and i really am shitting myself for the game at the nonse hut in 3 weeks. If they go 5 clear of us i fear the worst.

There past endeavours have got feck all to do with yesterday and where the OP thinks we are now.
Yes, yesterday was a dissapointment but you have to take some heart in that on another day, that's a cup final you horse them comfortably in by a few goals. That's how I'm taking it. I can't sit here all angry as the team on the whole played pretty well yesterday.

We failed to do what Livingston did this season and beat them with 10 men that's the reality here. That's 3 times out of 4 a muppet who was sacked by Hibs at the start of the year has turned us over as well.

Optimism is fine but blind optimism is not good for anyone.

We're not better; they won, again, and we didn't. Being better would mean you don't have to be at your best and win.

We're not better; they won, again, and we didn't. Being better would mean you don't have to be at your best and win.

There’s not a neutral party on the planet that would say they were better yesterday because they won without being at their best

There’s not a neutral party on the planet that would say they were better yesterday because they won without being at their best
My point is that we cannot just take heart from our performance alone, we need to start winning. The real opportunity is that we had a penalty and a 10 man opposition to play if we score that. We play as the underdog, and that's understandable because of where the club had been only a short time ago; it will take winning on a regular basis for us to say we're better.

I really want to take positives from the game based on how much we dominated them.
But these games are about winning, nothing else. And painful as it is to say, we have played them 4 times since Lennon took over. We won the only one that was basically meaningless, they won the 3 that mattered.

My point is that we cannot just take heart from our performance alone, we need to start winning. The real opportunity is that we had a penalty and a 10 man opposition to play if we score that. We play as the underdog, and that's understandable because of where the club had been only a short time ago; it will take winning on a regular basis for us to say we're better.

I don't disagree with that, but at the same point, we can't ignore the performance altogether simply because we didn't win as some people are doing.

The fact that they scored with their only real attempt on target says far more about us than them to be honest.

No mate, that tells us nothing other than the goal shouldn’t have stood & game would/should have went to extra time. That’s before get into the penalty debate which is another farce. This should be the narrative every news outlet runs with but to no surprise isn’t.

We dominated them all over the pitch yesterday yet somehow didn't win, I really can't get my head around how we didn't walk away with that trophy. Probably the worst I've ever felt after a loss to them.

You can be the better side and lose, happens often. It’s not binary.
On the day? My concern is that we're not taking opportunities; which over the past couple of seasons we've been presented with. Walter didn't necessarily bring players who were already established winners, but they became that. I'm a huge fan of Gerrard, but if this is the best team then we will have to prove that by marking some success along the way; Thursday would see such an achievement if we qualified through the Group and would prove a great deal. We probably disagree, but if we're to have the best team then we have prove that with success.

We were better than them yesterday.

We lost.

It happens.

On the day? My concern is that we're not taking opportunities; which over the past couple of seasons we've been presented with. Walter didn't necessarily bring players who were already established winners, but they became that. I'm a huge fan of Gerrard, but if this is the best team then we will have to prove that by marking some success along the way; Thursday would see such an achievement if we qualified through the Group and would prove a great deal. We probably disagree, but if we're to have the best team then we have prove that with success.

My concern is people that chuck it when it's all to play for.

With the exception of yesterday, the last 10 trophies have no bearing on whether we are now currently a better side than them. That can only be determined in May

And Scottish officials in their back pocket.

Joe Aribo was by no means “excellent” yesterday, let’s be honest, neither was Scott Arfield or Kamara if we are being honest. Ryan Jack was, thats one out of four.

they had Johnny Hayes one side, an 18 year old on the other and Lewis Morgan up front. The blue tinted optimism on here absolutely baffles me sometimes

They were all excellent at what they were sent out to do. Press the life out of them and win the ball back high up the park, or force them long. We executed our game plan to perfection. The only thing that let our team down yesterday was the lack of a goal.

I dont think anybody expected a performance like that from us yesterday. Was a big a domination as I have ever seen against them. Even in 99/00 when we beat them 4-0 in a total demolish job they still posed more of a threat than they did yesterday.

We just had downright bad luck, a keeper having the game of his life and frustrated players making the wrong call in the final 15 minutes. I'd have to say players exasperated by play acting from them and imaginary fouls from the ref as well.

This loss hurts more than any against them. I'm absolutely gutted, but let's look at all the positives from that performance rather than reactionary OTT stuff.

My concern is people that chuck it when it's all to play for.
We have a chance to win the league; we have more than average chance of qualifying through the Group on Thursday; and we might win the Scottish Cup. We'll have opportunities to do all of those things from now till the end of the season, and if we are good enough we will take those. Gerrard has done an amazing job; his time as manager is peculiar in terms of what the club was like on his arrival; hopefully we now have a basis to build on. I personally think that qualification on Thursday would be like winning something and would probably prove to the players that they can achieve things.

Back