Our midfield

Stuart_WATP

Let me just say i thought our midfield was excellent last night, particularly Kamara.

I do feel our midfield is lacking a creative spark though. Jack and Kamara both composed on the ball and keep it neat and tidy, Arfield is a battler but Morelos is the one creating and scoring, and when he's not there our lack of creativity is highlighted often painfully.

When El Bufalo isn't involved we badly struggle to break down teams. A lot of our central midfielders are of a similar mould, even Davis, and that's why we struggle to find consistency and why on our day we are excellent but following weekend disappointing more often than not. Need more goals from midfield too, something even Ryan Jack has said himself.

Yeah agree with a lot that's said but for me I still think we're trying to play similar to Klopp at Liverpool,their midfield 3 don't score many they're more workers just like ours but the massive difference is there front 3 all score plenty but our front 3 it's only Alfie that's consistently scoring,if we sort this out we really won't be far away,this talk of a complete overhaul is crap.

Yeah agree with a lot that's said but for me I still think we're trying to play similar to Klopp at Liverpool,their midfield 3 don't score many they're more workers just like ours but the massive difference is there front 3 all score plenty but our front 3 it's only Alfie that's consistently scoring,if we sort this out we really won't be far away,this talk of a complete overhaul is crap.
If Kent, Candieas etc added goals to their game then yeah we could do that but as other poster pointed out they don't really score many. Morelos' goals are the talking point but he frequently creates chances for himself and others too and we rely on him way too much. If he has an off day we need to be able to cope and currently we have very very little fire power to do that.

The difference at Liverpool is their front 3 are all interchangeable - none of them are really wingers. In contrast we play with two wingers (Kent and Candeias) with Morelos being the only striker.

Moving forward we are going to need better than Arfield in that role, its really as simple as that for me without slating him as he has done well but we will need better.

We have just had a fantastic result so don't want to be negative but moving forward we do need a couple of pacy attacking midfielders.

Candaies and kent need to get into the box more than they do, they both dont score near enough goals than they should.
It looks like it's coming with Kent. He's really building up his game and has looked like a much greater goal threat in the past few months.

Candeias is an exceptionally hard grafter and a solid option for RW with his directness and delivery but I can't see him becoming much more prolific to be honest. That's not to say he won't work long term but just that maybe one or two of the midfield need to up their strike rate.

Back