Our Most Disappointing Signing, Ever?

Crouchy

The ongoing Grezda and Peña debates have me thinking. (Neither are, clearly).

Who’s been our most disappointing signing?

Not the worst, or shittest player we have ever had, but someone we brought in, whom you thought would take the club and league by storm?

I remember thinking Guivarc'h would run riot.

The guy had won the WC. Looked really crap.

Boli? He was seen as a superstar. He wasn’t crap, but he should have strolled it and helped us in Europe.

Let’s be having them.

Stale stensaas, just didn't like him at all

Edit: had only read title when said stensaas
Most disappointing for me was Kuznetzov.looked a cracking player but after the injury he wasn't what I thought he was gonna be

Last edited:
Kuznetsov is a great shout.

A genuine world class defender who we got about 120 minutes out of before his knee gave way and never reached the same level ever again. In the space of a month we lost him and our captain for our central defensive options.

Arteta is another who I felt would boss midfields in Scotland, especially at £5.8m. In reality, he more often than not played like a scared little boy.

Other shouts ? Jonas Thern and Basile Boli. The money we spent on Thern in particular is eye watering.

Taking it we are missing out 2012-2017 :D

One for me is Theo Snelders.

Always thought he was a wonderful goalkeeper, came to us and was a shitebag who never got anywhere near my expectations.

Plenty between 03-07, Sionko was one I had seen him months earlier and he was absolute quality

Kuznetsov is a great shout.

A genuine world class defender who we got about 120 minutes out of before his knee gave way and never reached the same level ever again. In the space of a month we lost him and our captain for our central defensive options.

Arteta is another who I felt would boss midfields in Scotland, especially at £5.8m. In reality, he more often than not played like a scared little boy.

Other shouts ? Jonas Thern and Basile Boli. The money we spent on Thern in particular is eye watering.

Rumoured that Thern was on north of £30k per week.

He scored a screamer though, no?

Dragon Mladenovic.

£1 million, supposed to be the Serbian Zidane , signed from red star Belgrade , looked like he had never played the game before .

Came on to post this.
Might be harsh but possibly Christian Nerlinger falls into the same category. Just seemed to be constantly injured?
Could throw Bruno Alves and Niko Kranjcar to the list too.

Fran Sandaza has to be up there.
If we are counting ‘the banter years’, Sandaza is definitely up there. Top scorer in the SPL the year before and just never looked comfortable at all for us.

Rozenthal. Prodan. Kontermon. Pena. Michael ball.

Off top of my head those are the worst all things considered.

If pushed I'd go Michael ball. I don't think we actually needed a left back at the time. Cost what 5 or 6million. Was a disaster tbh.

Carlos Pena for me is 2nd. Huge outlay for us particularly these days. On a maaaad wage. Proving to be horrific.

3rd I'd go seb

Rumoured that Thern was on north of £30k per week.

He scored a screamer though, no?

£40,000 a week for two years on a Bosman deal.

We got about 20 odd games, a couple of screamers and multiple months on the treatment table due to a knee injury that he was going to retire with until we chucked mental money at him...

Back