Our most obscure players

I saw highlights of an old game a while back and Tero Penttilä was in the starting lineup. To this day I have absolutely no recollection of him whatsoever

That’s funny he was the first name that came into my head when I seen this thread title.

I reckon in years to come Andy Firth will be up there.

John Queen
John (Puskas) Queen never made in 1st team but if you saw him on his game in the reserves you would not have forgotten a magician, on the ball.

Findlay McGillvary think he was forgotten by Scot Symon who signed him from Third Lanark and never gave him a game.

George Young.

Not that one. The keeper we signed from Stirling Albion in 1979

I remember going to Forfar away in a cup tie. And he scored his first goal - it was about minus 10 and he took his top off in celebration. Very strange day.

That was Aaron Niguez. Scored the 4th in a 4-0.

Ortiz scored over in Maribor to put us 1-0 up the night we got beat 2-1. Drew the return leg at Ibrox 1-1 putting us out. Healy had a great chance near the end to take it into extra-time.

Seriously?

Scored in the Cup final v Aberdeen at the Piggery.

he only scored that goal due to his his first touch being so bad. One of those players i could never understand why walter gave him a chance nevermind a heap of games.

Luigi Riccio - signed at the same time as Gattuso. I don't remember him playing but he was apparently on the bench the day we won the league at the cesspit. Went on to be Gattuso's assistant at AC Milan.

Davie Kirkwood. Signed from East Fife in the mid 80s. Used to see him in the Davis snooker club on Argyle Street in the afternoons playing with Gary McSwegan.

Filipo Maniero. Didn't play for us but just a weird signing. Left pretty quickly if I remember.

Alex Forsyth
Bobby Watson
Martin Henderson
Billy Urqhart
Kenny Watson
Craig Paterson
Forgotten men usually not named at all in any capacity.

Alex Forsyth
Bobby Watson
Martin Henderson
Billy Urqhart
Kenny Watson
Craig Paterson
Forgotten men usually not named at all in any capacity.

Id gie Martin Henderson his due he scored goals and was a big part of the Treble.

Not obscure at all.

Lee Robertson, was highly thought of as a youngster and played a few games, ended up being released and kicked around Norway for a bit

Which Rangers players had an almost completely forgettable time with us? I’m not talking about really bad players. Players like Russell Martin, Ian Black, Capucho etc. are memorable because they were so bad.

I’m talking about the least memorable player you can think of. Someone so obscure that we virtually never talk about them.
Gui'varche. Didn't appreciate our club/badge one bit and one massive ego problem.

Luigi Riccio.

up until recently was AC Milan assistant manager

This is the winner, by far.

Although the name is vaguely familiar, I didn't even know that he'd turned out for us (as a sub against Motherwell in May 1999).
Defo obscure !!

To then go on and be assistant manager at Milan (working with Rino Gattuso) is quite mind-boggling.

Back