Our next centre forward

BSOI

Trying to focus on the football side of Rangers, as opposed to the agenda against us, I was thinking about who our scouting team look for as an Alfie replacement.
We will be fortunate if we keep him for another year based on current form so that means a replacement will be requires as Laff is not the answer and JD is past being our future.
What type of forward do we need ?
Personally, whoever it is, I think must have a physical edge to their game as well as skill. I feel many of our heroes from the past had this element. Prso and Hately to name but 2.
It is clear Alfie has created a fear factor among Scottish defenders, not only with his skill but his physical presence and strength. He is not the tallest but he has that physical edge and this is a must in our domestic game.

Would like to hear other thoughts.

Trying to focus on the football side of Rangers, as opposed to the agenda against us, I was thinking about who our scouting team look for as an Alfie replacement.
We will be fortunate if we keep him for another year based on current form so that means a replacement will be requires as Laff is not the answer and JD is past being our future.
Personally, whoever it is, I think must have a physical edge to their game as well as skill. I feel many of our heroes from the past had this element. Prso and Hately to name but 2.
It is clear Alfie has created a fear factor among Scottish defenders, not only with his skill but his physical presence and strength. He is not the tallest but he has that physical edge and this is a must in our domestic game.

Three guys I think are worth a closer look depending upon cost & further investigation by the club, all of whom have been put on here by other bears -

Alexander Frey - May be too costly - Fenerbahce I think & 24 I think
Elvir Koljic - should be say 1.5m ? Craovia & played already for Bosnia at 23.
Eetu Tervainen - HJK - Very strong & tall with a bit of flair. Maybe 1m ?

As things stand i would send Defoe and Davis back next summer Defoe is not the striker we need and Davis has been horrendous so far

Send Davis back where? He’s on loan until the summer and then out of contract.

As for the above, replacing morelos with Greg Stewart, I can only assume that’s a troll.

Agree. Go for two. Not sure about Defoe’s value mate.
This young guy caught my eye he's Ex Barcelona and French international Lillian Thurams son can play as a striker or out wide but hes a big lad can hold up the ball 21 years old and is quicker than he looks playing in ligue 1 not bad scoring record either another one to watch

Send Davis back where? He’s on loan until the summer and then out of contract.

As for the above, replacing morelos with Greg Stewart, I can only assume that’s a troll.
Well don't sign Davis up either way he hasnt shown he deserves to be here longer than 6 months

Greg Stewart to replace Alfie, he is a handful, good touch, eye for goal and can link play.

Crazy suggestion. Not a patch on Morelos in any way what so ever plus, if you listen to all the clubs support that he's played for, work rate isn't his strong point.

Attitude, work rate, strength and aggression are some of Morelos strong attributes.

We should be going for two centre forwards in the summer and be looking to sell Lafferty. Get a young potentially brilliant one in for cheapish like Morelos, and another 25/26 year old who's just hitting his prime who costs a good few mil.

Greg Stewart to replace Alfie, he is a handful, good touch, eye for goal and can link play.

Greg Stewart isn't a striker.

He can either play behind a striker or wide.

You play him as a striker and nothing is sticking up front mate.

Reactions: cav
Three guys I think are worth a closer look depending upon cost & further investigation by the club, all of whom have been put on here by other bears -

Alexander Frey - May be too costly - Fenerbahce I think & 24 I think
Elvir Koljic - should be say 1.5m ? Craovia & played already for Bosnia at 23.
Eetu Tervainen - HJK - Very strong & tall with a bit of flair. Maybe 1m ?

*Vertainen?

If so he is a really good prospect, he was excellent against us and I still, also maintain he would be well worth sourcing.

But he is a MF'er ;)

I think we might need to change the way we play when Morelos goes,he’s become that important to us.
Koljic and Prevljak would be my ideal choice as the two strikers to replace Alfie and Defoe,but you’re probably talking eight or nine million for both-and I’m not sure we would spend that type of cash even if we get 15 million or more for Morelos.

I think the way Alfredo's talking, he thinks he'll be off in the summer, with that in mind you can bet S.G. & Mark Allen will be scouting for a couple of quality strikers to replace him.

If Morelos goes in the summer for me we need 3 strikers. Two to come in and start and a decent quality back up.

As harsh as this may sound I don’t think if we want to have a serious crack at the title next season we can go with Defoe and Lafferty in our side.

We’ve won only one game this season without Morelos in the side that tells it’s own story about where our problems are.

Going to be tough ive no idea where you find that kind of quality or how much of the money the manager will get he is so important to the team, maybe we do need to change system suppose thats up to boss.

but we need 2 strikers, a top class goalscorer and a big guy thats strong and powerful to play against packed defences and/or on the crap parks. someone that batters defenders, knows this league....

Going to be tough ive no idea where you find that kind of quality or how much of the money the manager will get he is so important to the team, maybe we do need to change system suppose thats up to boss.

but we need 2 strikers, a top class goalscorer and a big guy thats strong and powerful to play against packed defences and/or on the crap parks. someone that batters defenders, knows this league....

Was the point of this post to make the Greg Stewart suggestion earlier on look like a good option?

Are you Josh Magennis TB?

Nowhere near good enough to play for Rangers. An absolute haddie

Back