Our odds for Thursday

Being a bit of a romantic who expects Rangers to win every game they play and whilst not getting carried away, I don’t think a smash and grab 0-1 win is beyond us

No matter how much they are struggling at the moment or how many injuries they have, this is a massive step up from anyone we play in Scotland. If we can give them a good game i will be delighted but dont really expect to take any points.

Buzzing for Thursday. Will be amazed if we get a result but who cares, it's just great to be back on the European stage.

I think we will defend well and run them close but not close enough to land those huge odds.

Big game for Lafferty with Morelos missing. He is more likely to produce a moment of magic with his shooting ability, though to be fair.

If we play at a high tempo, keep our shape and everyone on the park we have a very good chance on Thursday imo, Villareal's first/best 11 despite being well organised are no great shakes and I'd expect them to bring in a few fringe players as starters on Thursday as they normally do that in the Europa group stages.

It's got another 0-0 european away day written all over it for me. They are poor and missing a number of key players though and will probably be concentrating on improving their league position given how badly they've started so one lives in hope. :)

I'll be delighted if we get a draw on Thursday. Nevertheless those odds are worth a fiver punt if the news about their injuries is true

They're currently beating Leganes 1-0.

Carlos Bacca scored 5 minutes after coming on as a sub. The fact he started on the bench, as did Santi Cazorla, suggests to me they've rested some players today with Thursday night in mind (Spanish teams take Europa League very seriously hence their success in the competition).

They're starting 11 today was:
Asenjo, Costa, Gonzalez, Victor Ruiz, Gaspar, Morlanes, Raba, Trigueros, Layun, Moreno, Ekambi

They currently lead Leganes 1-0 away. Carlos Bacca with a header.

Their number 14 Tregueros looks good.

The Aberdeen of Spain:rolleyes:
280r1w7.jpg

Fud !

The Europa League groups stages is a massive minefield for punters. Form can go out the window as a lot of the clubs involved don't really want to be there. Sadly, for us, Villarreal topped Group A last year, only losing their last game when they had already qualified.

I see no harm in a 2 quid Rangers/Rosenberg double. Might even do a fiver.

a£2 double could return £156.

Done

Rangers/Draw is 4/1

that is the best value for money imo, Villarreal have the Valencia derby at the weekend. The Europa League is a hindrance to Villarreal, they have just spent 82m euro in the summer and need to get into the Champions League places, they won’t recoup that cash in ticket sales alone

As delighted as I am at the progress we have made , it amazes me how overboard some seem to go and how expectations go through the roof for some fans .

So far we have drawn games with - Schupi F.C. , Motherwell, Osijek , Aberdeen , Maribor , FC Ufa and lost to the yahoo .

But we will just roll up in Spain against a good la liga outfit and win ??

There’s a reason why we are 11/1.

Another draw would be a magnificent result . Let’s not get stupid .
Agreed mate, bookies aren't wrong too often, but I'll stick a couple of quid on and cross my fingers. Any idea what the odd are on Morelos scoring?

If we get out of there with a point we will have done really well. Whatever team Villarreal put out I suspect it will still be backs against the wall for the majority of the game. We will need to be organised, defend well and count on McGregor a few times to get anything from the game.

Back