"our problems"

It needs to be addressed or we are going to get a doing off someone. We were lucky it was Dundee yesterday, and even then they might have got at least a point. I'm not sure if that penalty had gone in that we'd have scored a second, and you can only wonder what it might have done for them. This isn't just a wee dip in form. We've been poor or at best average in just about every game so far, bar the scum, Dunfermline and Ross County. We're almost in October so it's not down to players being rusty after no break with the Euros or the like. It's not a crisis obviously but it is concerning.
"Get a doing" is a nonsense.
We are not lucky Dundee didn't give us a doing yesterday.

No its not good enough.

Its all very well attacking the "ostrich loyal". This post is ridiculous on the other end of the scale.

Let's at least be reasonable and realistic.

There are issues. But as usual on FF, this critical post is hyperbolic nonsense.

If we don't improve we will drop points we shouldn't again soon (newsflash, we drop points we shouldn't every season. But I concede it looks more likely on current form). Saying we're going to get a doing off the domestic dross is patently nonsense.

Against Lyon, Motherwell (goal apart) and Livi our defence looked alright and our build up play was poor.

Yesterday was roles reversed. Defence was very, very shaky but our midfield to front were playing well. Only Roofe looked off it but Lundstrum, Aribo, Hagi and Alfie all played OK.

Especially Lundstrum, was very good yesterday.

The penalty never went in though cos our goalie saved it. They never got a lift from it because we saved it. We scored a goal, they didnae.

People happy to play the if and buts card instead of looking at what actually happened. We were not lucky to win yesterday, we won because we have better players who whilst way below par can produce brilliance like the play for the goal. And because our goalie is good, and because Dundee players are not as good and couldn't conjure up anything of note.
"Lucky to win"

We might be top of the league but you’re kidding yourself on if you think all is well.

We will drop plenty of points if we continue playing like we are.
Hearts or Hibs will be the acid test for us in the league.
Lose or drop points to these two and the heat is on Gerrard

As always, there's a balance to be had.

Being 7 points clear (of them) is positive and promising that we're in this position despite being poor, but on the flip side we won't always save penalties and we will start to drop points more frequently unless our form improves.

Last edited:
Against Lyon, Motherwell (goal apart) and Livi our defence looked alright and our build up play was poor.

Yesterday was roles reversed. Defence was very, very shaky but our midfield to front were playing well. Only Roofe looked off it but Lundstrum, Aribo, Hagi and Alfie all played OK.

Especially Lundstrum, was very good yesterday.

Do you honestly think we played well going forward/in attack yesterday?

7 points as it stands clear of them, report back when there's a real problem.
We're top of the league and still in 2nd gear, I'm confident we'll come good, like every other club in Scotland that was Dundee's cup final, McPake is a rabid tim and would have had them well up for it...Pity he didn't get them up for it against SJ in the cup.

Do you honestly think we played well going forward/in attack yesterday?

Well, I'll downgrade that to 'alright'. I felt comfortable watching us in spells yesterday going forward. As soon as there was a corner or free kick to them, or even a long ball, it was heart in mouth stuff.

Well, I'll downgrade that to 'alright'. I felt comfortable watching us in spells yesterday going forward. As soon as there was a corner or free kick to them, or even a long ball, it was heart in mouth stuff.

Just goes to show how we all see games differently.

I thought we were really poor going forward yesterday.

We may be 7 clear of them but I am genuinely worried going in to the next run of fixtures. I'm just happy we have hibs and hearts at home and notw away.

It’s possible for two things to be true at the same time.

It’s possible for us to be comfortably top of the league despite not playing anywhere near our best.

It’s also possible to have worries about the standard of our performances.

You don’t have to be a “happy clapper” pretending that everything is going well and you don’t have to be all doom and gloom pretending everything is shocking.

It’s possible to criticise current performances whilst also viewing them in a wider context and not going overboard.

100% correct

There were countless games under Walter where we played p*sh but still won.

Some of our performances have been poor and our movement across the front line is part of the problem

I bet if they’d scored that penalty yesterday we would have started to look more urgent, press the game and create more.
we need to play like that at 0-0 and 1-0 up - I thought yesterday our attitude seemed to be we could play at a slow pace, just knock the ball around and things would happen. not good enough and teams in this league will battle, chase and run.
Personally I’d get more pace in the team and play Wright and Sakala either side of Morelos, and play Aribo in behind the striker with Davis and Kamara sitting.

Not great but winning, we'll hit form and go on a run again. We started quick off mark last few season but we haven't had the 4 competitive games each leg of 1st/2nd EL qualifiers

Didn't have them last season either tbf. Well into thr domestic season before the EL qualifiers started.

It’s possible for two things to be true at the same time.

It’s possible for us to be comfortably top of the league despite not playing anywhere near our best.

It’s also possible to have worries about the standard of our performances.

You don’t have to be a “happy clapper” pretending that everything is going well and you don’t have to be all doom and gloom pretending everything is shocking.

It’s possible to criticise current performances whilst also viewing them in a wider context and not going overboard.

This is absolutely spot on.

However the problem is on here and at the ground the criticism is more often than not very very simplistic, they are not trying, working their ticket, get them dropped, bring back X, ok X is shite change it again, sell them, whatever.

It's also spiteful and angry and tactically well where do you start.

Yesterday was poor in overall terms and across most of the players there's no denying that, Be good to see some genuine debate on it rather than anger though.

Why do people think a team with worse players and worse results are more likely to hit form than us?

Just the pervasive fear on here that means people are incapable of thinking objectively or logically?

Attention seekers, cry babies, panic merchants.

Take your pic. You have them all on here.

At some point we’re going to need to find a bit of form. You can’t expect to win the title without a period where you’re stringing a good few good performances together, particularly against your nearest challengers.

Right now it’s difficult to see that happening as we haven’t managed a full ninety minutes where we’ve been on it since the start of the season and we’re almost into October.

I think the management need to shoulder some responsibility. Our possession game is toothless so there should be greater work done on the training ground to unlocking stubborn ten man defensive lines with quick interchanges from middle to front. This was a hallmark of our best form last season but has been non existent so far in this campaign.

It reminds me a little of ‘93/94 at the moment whereby we’re not playing well yet are still top of the table courtesy of everyone else being worse.

We are not exactly convincing though. Glad we are winning ugly but we seem so fragile.
Winning ugly is something teams do in February, March etc when they’ve began to run out of steam.

if we’re having to win ugly against Dundee in September we could be in trouble.

yet to see us turn in a convincing win this season and it concerns me greatly.

How many shots on Target did we have yesterday only 2.
They missed a Penalty if they had scored we would have dropped points.
The majority of the Players have been off form all season.
We lost to bloody Malmo denying us Champions League group stages.
It didn’t, we would have had another qualifier and a significant step up in quality again.

Thank fućk we won the old firm match, that game apart there’s all but fućkaII between the teams’ results.

We also have 2 players; 2 of my favourite players, who - and I am not talking about Roofe here - whose actions / personal choices made themselves unavailable for UCL qualifiers.

People have been saying “we’ll come good and hit form” for well over a month now.

Only thing is, we’re still waiting.

It’s definitely a concern. Form isn’t turned on instantly. It’s built over a number of games. We’ve played 14 competitive games this season already and there isn’t even a hint of a decent performance at the level we can produce. Sure, the results are somewhat ok domestically but our luck could soon run out.

We’ve got some tougher games coming up now which will require an improvement.
I don’t agree with all of this. We were good for an hour last weekend and very good second half in midweek. Old Firm performance was our best of the season. I do agree that we are quite some way off what we know we can do though.

Keep seeing the comparisons of us this season and then last season. The two massive differences are that we’ve managed to beat them already this season and they are showing nothing to suggest they can build an impressive points total by the end of the season. They’ll surely improve but we’ve got far more in reserve than they do.

League winning win percentages are around 70%. I'm fairly sure we're there if not better. People are comparing a normal domestic league season to last year's incredibly exceptional one and are being disappointed by that.

How many shots on Target did we have yesterday only 2.
They missed a Penalty if they had scored we would have dropped points.
The majority of the Players have been off form all season.
We lost to bloody Malmo denying us Champions League group stages.
Sweden is arguably a better footballing country than we've ever been. There's no divine right for the champions of Scotland to be better than their champions. People failing to understand that is why they're consistently so annoyed when we lose in the qualifiers. If we played them again in May we'd probably win but their league starting earlier is a significant advantage as well in early European qualifiers.

we need to hit form for the winter months when we're playing every few days

It's fine right now but i think this sluggish play will bite us in the arse come winter.

If we can hit form by then, we've seen it before when you play with high intensity like that mob are atm you burn out and struggle. Then a combination of both will see us really start running away with the league.

We're getting away with it that pretty much sums it up,we need to build confidence and that will not happen untill we start to wining more convincely

Why do people think a team with worse players and worse results are more likely to hit form than us?

Just the pervasive fear on here that means people are incapable of thinking objectively or logically?
The fear mate
It's common lol

All I read on here last season was they'd hit form they've played 6 league games and lost 3 bro. You book Lyon?
Doing both day trips bud

I know, but we need to start winning games with conviction and hope their dire run Continues

I'd said on Wed as of now I want us to be 10 points clear by some luck and take a draw at bigot Park.

That all may change but as I said it's fear of the what if really

We might be top of the league but you’re kidding yourself on if you think all is well.

We will drop plenty of points if we continue playing like we are.
I'd rather be in our position at the top of the league than the Rio roaring never boring cellic who play football 'the way it should be played’
How far have we come...

We’ve been shite all season bar about 180 minutes, we are only one point clear at the top and are only seven point clear by virtue of them being absolutely shite.

Anyone thinking there isn’t problems within our squad are in denial.

Delighted with three points away from home yesterday but let’s get real.

Hope we can conjure something up from somewhere for Thursday because we don’t look close to hitting form.
We are 7 points ahead of the only team that can beat us to the title.

Every season we have plenty of uninspired performances. Even in the 9 in a row years we were routinely lacklustre on Saturdays after European games and so on. But we tended to raise our game when it mattered such that in amongst the poor / average performances there were plenty of good ones.

What I think is making people jittery this season is that the good performances have been few and far between. We played really well against Madrid pre-season, were good against Livingston in the cup and, in the circumstances, produced a decent performance in the Old Firm game. But apart from that we have been well below par. I still think we’ll be fine this season. But the tempo we play at needs to be raised. If the players want to coast then they need to put games to bed before coasting.

We are 7 points ahead of the only team that can beat us to the title.
So? They’re utter shite.

We are in a good position but we should be in a better one and we don’t look like hitting form at all.

Don’t expect anything in the Europa League or the domestic cups if you’re happy to plod along like this.

We're definitely riding our luck. We need to make sure we put ourselves in positions in games where if we get some bad luck we don't drop points. I want to keep the pressure on our OF rivals to see if Stevie G can scalp their third manager and their third CEO in the space of 12 months :D

It's a strange position the moaners find themselves in. They feel like now is their big chance to moan like %^*& but with us top of the league and beating celtic it means they are almost annoyed about us winning.

Weird.
Almost as weird as gleefully accepting terrible performances because we are scraping wins and draws and staying ahead of a piss poor Celtic team.

Wondering what is wrong with the team/squad that we can’t find any form isn’t moaning.

Almost as weird as gleefully accepting terrible performances because we are scraping wins and draws and staying ahead of a piss poor Celtic team.

Wondering what is wrong with the team/squad that we can’t find any form isn’t moaning.
Weve lost one and drew one, we were never doing what we did last season alot better Rangers teams than this have started worse

Weve lost one and drew one, we were never doing what we did last season alot better Rangers teams than this have started worse
I'm not panicking nor am I moaning. I am concerned at how poorly we've played so far because if we don't improve dramatically we will scrape the league and nothing else.

Back