Our Resolution

jaws73

Official Ticketer
Admin - I can't see this posted yet other than what I put in another thread but please delete if I've missed it.

According to the Rhetard this is it:

“That the board of the company be authorised and instructed to make payment to the member clubs of the league of loans equal to the amount that such member clubs would become entitled to if the Scottish Football Leagues were completed and each member club’s position in the completed league was the same as the position in which that member club is presently.

“Such loans to be provided without the payment of interest or fees to the league by the member clubs and to be made forthwith on the passing of this resolution and to continue to be available until the league determines that a final allocation of the payments to member clubs in respect of season 2019/2020 can be made.

“On such determination by the league, member clubs shall be entitled to effect repayment by written confirmation to the league that the loan provided to that member club may be set against the equivalent amount of the repayment to be made to such member club on determination.”

Hard to argue against it and it would allow clubs at all levels of the Scottish professional game to take advantage of gate receipts in the unlikely event that the season does resume.

To get teams on board with us we should be pushing for the full pot to be divided equally between the 12 teams

I actually thought that was the resolution.
Have I read it wrong?

It would have been the most sensible thing to do and would only loose us £600k and celtc would have lost over £1.9m. but all the lower teams would make a profit over their spoils as it currently stands.

I actually thought that was the resolution.
Have I read it wrong?

It would have been the most sensible thing to do and would only loose us £600k and celtc would have lost over £1.9m. but all the lower teams would make a profit over their spoils as it currently stands.

maybe I have read it wrong but my understanding was it was on current positions.

The statement says on current positions which shoots ourselves in the foot in my opinion. We should have said that the pot would be shared equally.

If you split it equally within divisions there are 4 teams at the top of the Premier League who lose out. In the Championship I think it is 5 clubs who lose out. It would have been a hard sell.

But Livingston have said that the league must be concluded to allow payments to be distributed. That’s despite the SPFL already making payments to clubs a couple of weeks back.

It seems the lies that have been peddled by the media for the last 3 weeks are now being regurgitated by clubs.

This SPFL proposal looks like it is an all or nothing vote to settle on current standings so I doubt alternative resolutions will get much consideration.

If you split it equally within divisions there are 4 teams at the top of the Premier League who lose out. In the Championship I think it is 5 clubs who lose out. It would have been a hard sell.
If your figures are correct it means that there would be more teams siding with our resolution than is required to win the vote.

I wish it had been an even split. I simply don't want them to win this title unfairly.

Our aim should be to stop them getting this title, for me it tops everything. It would only cost us £600k.

So what if it's seen as a bribe to others in the top flight. We will still be the most demonised (ergo hated) team in the league regardless of whether or not the season is null and void or otherwise.

Giving some teams that hate us a greater share of the overall prize pot is the lesser of two evils - they cannot win a league that is not completed. There is no sporting merit in that at all.

Last edited:
If your figures are correct it means that there would be more teams siding with our resolution than is required to win the vote.

I wish it had been an even split. I simply don't want them to win this title unfairly.

Our aim should be to stop them getting this title, for me it tops everything. It would only cost us £600k.

So what if it's seen as a bribe to others in the top flight. We will still be the most demonised (ergo hated) team in the league regardless of whether or not the season is null and void or otherwise.

Giving some teams that hate us a greater share of the overall prize pot is the lesser of two evils - they cannot win a league that is not completed. There is no sporting merit in that at all.

Last season’s figures mate. My calculations are ‘back of a fag packet’ right enough.:)

First step is to vote down the SPFL proposal. The Championship will be the main battleground for that. Once that is done I think our proposal sails through. Unless Liewell produces another rabbit out the hat proposal.

Last season’s figures mate. My calculations are ‘back of a fag packet’ right enough.:)

First step is to vote down the SPFL proposal. The Championship will be the main battleground for that. Once that is done I think our proposal sails through. Unless Liewell produces another rabbit out the hat proposal.

Ant y Budge has just said on RC radio that she won't be objecting to the spfl proposal according to another poster. She might not mean she's voting for it mind you.

Ant y Budge has just said on RC radio that she won't be objecting to the spfl proposal according to another poster. She might not mean she's voting for it mind you.

I’ve added in the link to the figures in my last post, which I omitted .

Saw the other thread. Appears to be some confusion over what she actually said.

To get teams on board with us we should be pushing for the full pot to be divided equally between the 12 teams

Can someone show me where the facility is to do that.

There is one league, the SPFL, with one prize pot, £25m. The prizes are set based on position within the 42 clubs in the SPFL, not the individual "divisions".

Can someone show me where the facility is to do that.

There is one league, the SPFL, with one prize pot, £25m. The prizes are set based on position within the 42 clubs in the SPFL, not the individual "divisions".

The facility to do it is in the rule book in the same section as the bit about paying out placing prize money before the season is complete. In other words it doesn’t exist.

However, our proposal seeks to change the rules on the latter, so it shouldn’t be beyond their wit to add up the numbers and arrive at a figure that represents how much the Premier League slice of the circa £25m is and do what they want with it.

The facility to do it is in the rule book in the same section as the bit about paying out placing prize money before the season is complete. In other words it doesn’t exist.

However, our proposal seeks to change the rules on the latter, so it shouldn’t be beyond their wit to add up the numbers and arrive at a figure that represents how much the Premier League slice of the circa £25m is and do what they want with it.

That's exactly my point.

Is it OK to change the rules about who wins the league, during the season ... No

Is it OK to restructure the divisions, during the season ... No

Is it OK to change the rules how prized are allocated ... No.

You can't pick and choose which things it's OK to change during the season. The answer is ... none of them.

Yes it would be easy to work out what the total amount allocated to each division would have been if it had been done that way. However it wasn't.

That's exactly my point.

Is it OK to change the rules about who wins the league, during the season ... No

Is it OK to restructure the divisions, during the season ... No

Is it OK to change the rules how prized are allocated ... No.

You can't pick and choose which things it's OK to change during the season. The answer is ... none of them.

Yes it would be easy to work out what the total amount allocated to each division would have been if it had been done that way. However it wasn't.

Worth noting Rangers proposal doesn’t mention an equal split. What we seem to be proposing is creating a facility for the SPFL to loan clubs any sum they request up to the figure they would have received for their current placing. So it sticks with the existing percentage split of the prize pot across the divisions. Loans to be paid back as and when the season ends - by whichever means - and final placing are known.

Worth noting Rangers proposal doesn’t mention an equal split. What we seem to be proposing is creating a facility for the SPFL to loan clubs any sum they request up to the figure they would have received for their current placing. So it sticks with the existing percentage split of the prize pot across the divisions. Loans to be paid back as and when the season ends - by whichever means - and final placing are known.

And I totally agree with that.

Please bear in mind I was replying to someone with regards a different split.

"To get teams on board with us we should be pushing for the full pot to be divided equally between the 12 teams"

Back