Our season ticket holders - why do so many not take the euro option?

Papasmurf

Official Ticketer
I generally arrive quite early and take a wander around the stadium.

Without fail on a euro night the number of people with paper tickets is a bit weird. So many folk round me are new. So many folk walking around asking for directions is quite apparent.

It must be that a significant percentage of the season ticket holders don’t bother with euro games. Why?

Without fail on a euro night the number of people with paper tickets is a bit weird. So many folk round me are new. So many folk walking around asking for directions is quite apparent.

It must be that a significant percentage of the season ticket holders don’t bother with euro games. Why?
Money.

Shift working

I would guess at kids not going and people who stay outside glasgow finding Thursday night games difficult

Money I imagine is the main case.

Reason for me is I work shifts and don't have a season ticket. Try to get as many games with normal tickets, never have an issue getting tickets for europe!

I don't tend to take up my seat for European games. Can't really justify the cost. It's a midweek game which is always a bit of a ball ache with work etc. And it's also live on TV.

It’s not that simple surely? Maybe a small percentage. But, at least from what I can see, it’s a massive number.

It will be a bigger percentage than you think who buy the ST and use it only for league games.

There are all sorts of different kind of supporter due to circumstances.
Season ticket holder, ST holder on cccs. Game by game people who attend on nights like tonight when they have the money fill in the spaces of the missing ST holders. It's been like this for decades.

Last edited:
I asked my sister the same question tonight. Everyone near us were randoms I’ve never seen before. I’d guess money but it’s not that much or week night games, people are at work.

For me its unable to get to Ibrox in time after I finish work, plus side it gives folk without a season ticket chance to attend and have a bigger fan base experiencing Ibrox.

I don't because I am constant nightshift unfortunately.

I am a single man who bought my first home last year, have bills up to a grand. Don't tell me what to do.

My grandson is a season ticket holder, he is serving his country, he could not make it tonight same as probably a lot of our Soldiers, Sailors and Airmen who have season tickets.
Hats off to him, where ever he is. I hope he enjoyed it

The seats I got tonight we’re from a woman in work whose husband and son don’t go to/don’t like midweek games. Simple as that. They’d rather be in the house or the pub, and only really like the Saturday games.

Bit of a shame I think.I understand the money reason for some people. But not so much the “just don’t want to”. Surely these are the big games we crave?

The price of a season ticket and the run in Europe comes to a tidy sum.I can understand why some season ticket holders choose not to go to all the Euro games.

Around me there's only one guy and his brother who don't sign up for any other games. I asked him before why he doesn't sign up to the CCS and his answer was. After everything that's happened in the past he doesn't trust the board enough to pay anymore money. Obviously I point out he's renewing his season ticket thus giving the board he doesn't trust enough a large chunk of his money. With some people you just give up. Before anyone jumps in yes I set him straight regarding our current owners / board.

I would imagine there are lots of people who find it difficult to make it for midweek games.

My mate and I both took it, but had to miss due ti close friend's don taking 2nd tonight i was seconder and also office bearer so really has to go. Gutted to miss it, but commitments are commitments, couldn't let the lad down.

Passed my ticket on to another mate, so at least iy wasn't t unused.

Its money, the midweek travel and also my pals I go with are the same. As others have said it lets others experience Ibrox too

I was the same tonight in main stand ,loads of people around me who don’t have season tickets, and appear at European games.

Money / travel I would say? My season tickets plus all Europa league games have cost me easy £800/900 I would say. Add in semi final / cup final aswell.

Once again a perfectly reasonable broad question becomes "How can I make your general question about my very specific anecdotal circumstance." including a weird flex about servicemen.

I'd imagine folks will do everything they can to keep their ticket with the additional games being unjustifiable on top of it.

Got to be money ... or potentially work patterns - I am fortunate enough I live reasonably close to Ibrox and don’t work past 5:30 so no issue for me others less fortunate.

Ive a couple of mates who don't go.. Both of them can afford it.. Stay a 15 min walk from the ground.. Tight as 2 coats of paint.. You know who you are if your peeking in.. Euro nights are the best by a mile

Probably comes down to money. The introduction of a rumoured £50 membership scheme may see even less season ticket holders taking up the option to buy European tickets next season.

Well I'm glad some don't take it up as I wouldn't have seen tonight otherwise.

I'm the opposite from most season ticket holders that I can't make a lot of weekend games so cany justify buying one, but midweek is fine. Thankfully means I've made every home european game this season.

I do worry as we progress my chances will decrease when people take up their allocation but I understand it.

For me it was money tonight , In The last 14/15 months I’ve spent nearly 800 quid on a season ticket , followed us a few away games this season probably adding upto 500+ quid , Went to Vienna away , Feyenoord away , Cup semi v hearts which is extra. I’m self employed and the xmas and new year period Is my worst time of the year ( time off with no wages ). I could not justify paying 43 quid a ticket when my missus is on my case to book a holiday this week , unfortunately can’t do everything.

I went to mid-week games and Euro games last season. I had to stop this season as I was not getting home until late and that was causing too much discomfort due to my disabilities.

My dad and his mate dont bother with midweek games. They don't like the change in their routine. I dont understand it personally but it's their choice.

I get a paper ticket because I get booted out of my seat for European games so could be partly down to that

I had a paper ticket as I got papped out my seat for “uefa guests” - which were all from Glasgow...

I get a paper ticket because I get booted out of my seat for European games so could be partly down to that

Usually it’s a section of the club deck but it seemed to move to the Govan rear for this game. I presume you are in there

Back