Our Statement - Other Clubs

Hearts, Partick thistle and Rangers have all gone public today about not voting for this nonsense Falkirk I expect will soon join.

Not seen any official statement backing the plan yet but the yahoos and Dundee Utd will no doubt issue a statement in the next few days saying they back it.

Looks like Scottish football will be split down the middle because of this that’s why an independent body like Uefa should be getting off their backsides and making this call across Europe.

Had a look on Jambos Kickback there; they've already got a 31-page thread on the latest developments so not wading through it but saw a couple of posts saying they thought it was a strong statement.

They're mainly arguing amongst themselves about their own situation. Was just like being on FF!

Can I just check, is our position you divide up all the price money evenly among 42 member clubs and each take a share? I’ve read out statement but wasn’t 100% sure it was what we proposed.

Also are we saying put a line through this season and start afresh next year if fixtures cannot be fulfilled ?

Sorry anothet question, was the proposed tabled solution mentioned basically handing them the title?

Can I just check, is our position you divide up all the price money evenly among 42 member clubs and each take a share? I’ve read out statement but wasn’t 100% sure it was what we proposed.

Also are we saying put a line through this season and start afresh next year if fixtures cannot be fulfilled ?

The actual distribution of the prize ££ wasn't made very clear

Record reporting they don’t think the Rangers proposal will get off the ground because it would require ‘near unanimous support’ from Premier League clubs. Hinting, I think,that our proposal would require 90% (11-1) approval rather than the 75% (9-3) the SPFL one needs. Why would that be?

That’s what I thought but everyone seems to be assuming it’s evenly split and I didn’t take that as a given from the statement.

Thought I had missed something.
It just said, "to be distributed amongst all clubs throughout Scotland". It's a bit ambiguous. So Brechin City get the same as us, mentally challengeds, sheep etc? I'd have no problem with that, but it needs made clear

Record reporting they don’t think the Rangers proposal will get off the ground because it would require ‘near unanimous support’ from Premier League clubs. Hinting, I think,that our proposal would require 90% (11-1) approval rather than the 75% (9-3) the SPFL one needs. Why would that be?
Think ours is mainly to get enough clubs onside to ensure the SPFL one fails

Everyone only interested in self preservation as opposed to what is the right thing to do.

The season can not be finished, it’s fuckin.g void.

It’s unfortunate, but it’s void. Can’t believe they’re trying to once again pander to the Fat Japanese.

Well I am shocked the Record are trying to talk it down.

That's the thing that could unfurl them in the end if they block it they then piss off the rest of the clubs big time

You gotta expect the scum to counter this tomorrow with a different proposal, probably encouraging league reconstruction, no relegation to bring hearts back on to their side.

That’s what I thought but everyone seems to be assuming it’s evenly split and I didn’t take that as a given from the statement.

Thought I had missed something.

I took the opposite from it - that we were suggesting that money goes the way it normally goes.

We may have been deliberately vague. It’s not up to us how it’s distributed or even if it’s all distributed now. We’re just saying that it should start being distributed right now and does not need a decision on how the league is wrapped up to start doing that.

Personally, I think we should call for a relatively equitable distribution if only to get everyone to support us.

I also think that there shouldn’t be a completely equal distribution - it shouldn’t just be the total divided by 42. The running costs of the professional clubs are considerably higher than that of the amateur clubs. You could either have 2 pots - maybe 2/3 for equal distribution amongst all professional clubs and 1/3 for the others - or staggered distribution across the leagues with equal distribution within the league - say 7/18 to SPL, 5/18 to Championship and 3/18 to division 2 and 3 or something like that.

Simple! It suits their agenda!

UEFA really are pointless now absolute shitebag to take command.

UEFA have proven themselves to be just as inept as the EU have been in looking after their members interests or giving any meaningful guidance or leadership.

Shock horror with the Rebels narrative.

However, surely if Hearts & Aberdeen are backing us then there shouldn't be a problem.

Unless... our proposal is put up against the reconstruction carve up and hey-ho Hearts vote to save their erses and hand the filth the title.

Do we expect more clubs tomorrow to come forward with statements?

I can only really see teams that don't agree to come forward.

Would be pretty bold if they did agree and came out backing it currently. I suppose I could see teams coming out saying they will back it if the reconstruction of the league takes place etc.

What have they got to gain? They are losing a promotion play off?

Think its a member of there board not chairman but reading his tweets he seems to be suggesting there is no other option for them as he does not see the season being finished as realistic and its the only option they have been given so they can survive he is also saying he would prefer reconstitutes to a 16 team premiership.

His words are obvious. Professional football will not be played in his city of Eindhoven in June and July.

Mayor John Jorritsma has a devastating opinion about the KNVB's plan to resume the football league in the honor and first division, if the cabinet provides more air for events in June. "An irresponsible choice. That will not happen in Eindhoven."

Jorritsma had already indicated on Tuesday evening that he did not agree with the plans of the football association. In the afternoon after video calls with various interest groups, he indicated that he wanted to restart the competition in mid-June, after a possible cabinet decision, and then played the remainder within a month and a half.
One and a half meters

"Until June 1, all events are banned. On April 21, we will see if there is a new perspective offered by the cabinet. But even if the valve for events is slowly opened, I can not imagine that events such as football matches in stadiums can facilitate in a half meter society ", says Jorritsma about the deployment of the KNVB in the near future.

Playing football without an audience is not an option for Jorritsma either. "Without an audience you will miss the twelfth man. I will get that twelfth man around the stadium and in the city center. I have enforcement and supervision of the measure from a distance of one and a half meters. I already have my hands full with the city and the security region, which I am chairman of. Football requires an incredible amount of enforcement supervision. "

"

You cannot make this to society and to all those companies that have had to close in recent weeks and where there is currently hardly any prospect for the future.
Mayor John Jorritsma of Eindhoven

Jorritsma finds it strange that the football association is already pre-sorting a situation that is currently unthinkable. "I had waited until April 21 when the cabinet gives a definite answer. I say to the KNVB: do not go now that unnecessarily disturbs society about your goal to continue a competition. Whatever measures the cabinet will take, on this moment is the socially irresponsible football to continue. "
Status separate

Jorritsma will therefore not give permission for competitions anyway. "I see enforcement concerns, I see medical objections and I see ethical objections. You cannot make this with regard to society and to all those companies that have had to close in recent weeks and where there is currently hardly any prospect for the future. Football is not a priority and has no separate status. "
'KNVB plan is a tough task'

Jorritsma did not attend the conference call of the KNVB on Tuesday. Mayor Paul Depla van Breda spoke on behalf of the mayors of the football cities. He does not want to go as far as his colleague Jorritsma. But Depla agrees that the KNVB's plan to restart the competition in June is questionable.
Doubts about feasibility

"But it is not up to us as mayors," said the mayor of Breda. "First we have to wait for the decisions of the cabinet on April 21. After that, we have agreed, the KNVB must present a plan how they think they can play the competition. Then we have to determine whether it is possible to organize all that."

"We all know better than anyone, including the KNVB, that health is paramount in the Corona era. I have my doubts that we will all get this sorted out."

Depla told the KNVB on Tuesday that it may be more important for the association to make the competition 'virus proof'. This means that they must already start thinking about how to act at the football association if the Netherlands is again largely flattened in the future.
More doubts

Besides Jorritsma, a number of mayors have expressed their doubts about the KNVB's intention to pick up the competition again in June.

"I understand the urgency to resume the competition very well, but I rely on the expertise of others to point out the right time for it," said Arjen Gerritsen, mayor of Almelo at RTV Oost.

Deventer even talks about banning duels. A spokesperson says to RTV Oost: "Meetings are still just forbidden, so we are not yet allowing matches. The decision of the KNVB really comes too early."

In the Gelderlander, Mayor Mark Boumans van Doetinchem calls it undesirable for De Graafschap to continue playing in his city in the summer. Police capacity is said to be too limited for summer football. Those concerns about the police deployment are shared by Mayor Nol Kleijngeld of Waalwijk.
also look at

Cause Peter said so

Think its a member of there board not chairman but reading his tweets he seems to be suggesting there is no other option for them as he does not see the season being finished as realistic and its the only option they have been given so they can survive he is also saying he would prefer reconstitutes to a 16 team premiership.

Hopefully our resolution which gets them the money they are due without giving up any of their integrity gets their support.

I took the opposite from it - that we were suggesting that money goes the way it normally goes.

We may have been deliberately vague. It’s not up to us how it’s distributed or even if it’s all distributed now. We’re just saying that it should start being distributed right now and does not need a decision on how the league is wrapped up to start doing that.

Personally, I think we should call for a relatively equitable distribution if only to get everyone to support us.

I also think that there shouldn’t be a completely equal distribution - it shouldn’t just be the total divided by 42. The running costs of the professional clubs are considerably higher than that of the amateur clubs. You could either have 2 pots - maybe 2/3 for equal distribution amongst all professional clubs and 1/3 for the others - or staggered distribution across the leagues with equal distribution within the league - say 7/18 to SPL, 5/18 to Championship and 3/18 to division 2 and 3 or something like that.
What about the turnover to income factor?
Clubs who pay more to players in their league, with rich owners who subsidise players wages with other income?

Should they get the same handout as clubs who pay what they take in?

Cove? Ross county? Albion rovers? Many more.

Hearts, Partick thistle and Rangers have all gone public today about not voting for this nonsense Falkirk I expect will soon join.

Not seen any official statement backing the plan yet but the yahoos and Dundee Utd will no doubt issue a statement in the next few days saying they back it.

Looks like Scottish football will be split down the middle because of this that’s why an independent body like Uefa should be getting off their backsides and making this call across Europe.
If UEFA decide, it will be in the interest of the big leagues.
Just like the Scottish league, European leagues will be wildly split on their different views, based on TV revenue and season ticket revenue.

UEFA deciding is a non-starter, they'll make a decision for the rich minority.

With exception of the jungle jims, has anyone seen much feedback from fans of other clubs?
I find it incredible that the idea of null and void can be knocked on the head by all and sundry, yet any other half baked idea gets thrown on the table and offered as a valid solution to the problem.

I find it incredible that the idea of null and void can be knocked on the head by all and sundry, yet any other half baked idea gets thrown on the table and offered as a valid solution to the problem.
Why do you find it incredible that the idea of null and void can be knocked on the head.
Celtic don,t want that.theres your reason.nothing incredible about it.

What about the turnover to income factor?
Clubs who pay more to players in their league, with rich owners who subsidise players wages with other income?

Should they get the same handout as clubs who pay what they take in?

Cove? Ross county? Albion rovers? Many more.

I don’t think you can get that granular. Just dividing by 42 is easiest but I think you could be a bit more nuanced.

But any attempt to go club by club would get ground down in recriminations and counter claims forever.

The whole narrative seems to be that Null and void our be the fairest solution but we are so at the behest of sponsons and tv companies that we literally can’t do that.

Very strange considering our national sponsorship deals are atrocious and losing 30% of them really doesn’t seem like it should be a game ending situation. It’s not exactly the EPLs billion pound penalty.

Basically if it werent for money dictating the game we would cancel the season which to be honest is a Terrible thing to have confirmed.

The whole narrative seems to be that Null and void our be the fairest solution but we are so at the behest of sponsons and tv companies that we literally can’t do that.

Very strange considering our national sponsorship deals are atrocious and losing 30% of them really doesn’t seem like it should be a game ending situation. It’s not exactly the EPLs billion pound penalty.

Basically if it werent for money dictating the game we would cancel the season which to be honest is a Terrible thing to have confirmed.

I also just can’t understand why declaring it null and void would be any different from a TV contract viewpoint from declaring it over with current standings final. Both stop the final games from being played and so create contention with the TV companies.

Completing the league is likely to be impossible. So we have to breach the contract. So it has nothing at all to do with the decision to award championships or just void the season.

I also just can’t understand why declaring it null and void would be any different from a TV contract viewpoint from declaring it over with current standings final. Both stop the final games from being played and so create contention with the TV companies.

Completing the league is likely to be impossible. So we have to breach the contract. So it has nothing at all to do with the decision to award championships or just void the season.

You’re right. They have had the same value whether it’s voided or ended early.

Legally perhaps some weasel lawyer language may entitle them to their money back. BUT I can just imagine sky and by taking the Scottish game to court to reclaim 100% of the broadcast rights of which 75% have already shown. Imagine the negative PR that would bring

Any company sueing our game after a global pandemic will be doomed before it starts. They wouldn’t dare

There is a major point being missed here.
The only reason that today's decision did not include the SPL outcome is the situation in the English EPL. Liverpool are not laying claim to their title despite their massive lead. If they are not awarded the league title, then their is no way that Celtc have any justifiable claim to be the SPL title.
Either way Scottish football looks like it is in for episodeof bloodletting and self harm.
The SPL used Rangers prize money, fines and European place to get compliance from other clubs.
They do not have assets to divvy up this time. It will be interesting to see if the fat Japanese can coerce enough others to achieve his aims.

Peadophiles know their pray

Unfortunately I think the SPL will get their way and hand the scum the title and reform the leagues after the “vote”

Clubs like Hearts will only vote against it if they have a guarantee from UEFA that the 2019/20 season is null and void

That looks unlikely as UEFA have zero credibility and ability to dictate what the European leagues do

Hearts are IMO at it

They realise league reconstruction saves them from relegation

It’s a scam by SPL to get the majority of teams to award the scum a title

Most Tainted of their tainted 5 titles will be the 2019/20 one

Is it not going to be 2 separate votes? One for the lower league and hold off on the Premiership as long as they can to see if games can get played.

The SPFL could agree to the season being Null and Void, by declaring Force Majeure (if the only concern was the repayment of TV income). This pandemic is something which was unforeseeable and no-one can possibly know when it will end. I don't believe that the TV companies would succeed with a claim for lost income, following a Force Majeure incident.

Good point Graeme’s dad but that doesn’t suit the Fat Japanese so they won’t invoke that clause

They want to be handed the title

Also seeing they want to finish the SC too when football returns which could be August and that would mean a rewrite of SFA rules as playing squads will change but they are not only desperate to hand them 9IAR they also want another treble opportunity too

You’re right. They have had the same value whether it’s voided or ended early.

Legally perhaps some weasel lawyer language may entitle them to their money back. BUT I can just imagine sky and by taking the Scottish game to court to reclaim 100% of the broadcast rights of which 75% have already shown. Imagine the negative PR that would bring

Any company sueing our game after a global pandemic will be doomed before it starts. They wouldn’t dare
Can,t see how they could be liable for money back as this is a pandemic .football has closed on government orders.act of god and all that .also as you have pointed out imagine the bad publicity attached to this as well.

Is it not going to be 2 separate votes? One for the lower league and hold off on the Premiership as long as they can to see if games can get played.

No, a single vote. If approved the three lower leagues will be terminated. The Premier League will not. However, by voting in favour of the SPFL proposal clubs are giving the SPFL Board the right to 'call' the Premier League any old time they want - which will, inevitably, be the plan. No second vote.

Last edited:
I’m not convinced that the spl clubs will vote for league restructuring, if it is a 14 team league the split would need to happen after 2 rounds of games meaning a number of teams will only have 4 games against the OF.

Back