Our strongest Starting 11

RTamID

I'm over the moon with Raskin signing think he's what we have been crying our for and missing from our midfield. Cantwell too, if we can get him to his best, what a talent we have. For me, both once fully fit are starters. So for me, this would be our strongest starting 11 and the one I hope starts the final against the filth.

McGregor

Tav Goldson Davies Barisic

Raskin Lundstram

Tillman Cantwell Kent

Morelos​

Last edited:
Beale now has some good problems on his hand when it comes to picking a team.

All of a sudden the bench looks a lot stronger too.
Aye totally, so many options, multi players for each postion without the drop off in quality.

I'm over the moon with Raskin signing think he's what we have been crying our for and missing from our midfield. Cantwell too, if we can get him to his best, what a talent we have. For me, both once fully fit are starters. So for me, this would be our strongest starting 11 and the one I hope starts the final against the filth.

McGregor

Tav Goldson Davie Barisic

Raskin Lundstram

Tillman Cantwell Kent

Morelos​
4-1-4-1 so replace Lundstram with Sakala & have Raskin the one sitting, this especially against the dross in the league.

McGregor

Tav Goldson Davie Barisic

Raskin Lundstram

Tillman Cantwell Kent

Morelos​
Happy to say when all fit it will come down to form for the first time in years.

Lawrence, Sakala, Ridvan, Colak, Hagi are all first 11 players and would challenge the names in their respective positions. I would put Jack ahead of JL as it stands today.

When everyone is fit 4-1-4-1
…………..McGregor
Tav Goldson Hellander Yilmaz
……………Raskin
.Tillman..Lawrence Cantwell…Kent
……………Alfie

Bench (16)
Hagi
Colak
Jack
Kamara
Lundstram
McLaughlin
Devine
Davies
King
Borna
Souttar
Arfield
Wright
Roofe
Sakala
Sands

Last edited:
With the exception of Tav and the centre backs it’s very much a case now of play well and train well or someone takes your place.

It will be interesting to see how Raskin coming in impacts the balance in midfield. I actually think he might suit playing beside Kamara. He can be the aggressive ball winner that moves the ball forward quickly while Kamara covers the space left by our attacking full backs and keeps possession ticking over although Jack also does that role well. Lundstram needs to raise his game.

Also need one of our strikers to make the starting place their own.

We are defo in a good place considering where we were few months ago.
Heading in the right direction, multiple players in most positions adding good competition for 1st 11 spots.

McLaughlin
Tav Goldson Davies Borna
Lundstram Raskin
Hagi Tillman Kent
Roofe

That would be my choice in Beale’s shoes.

3 behind Roofe can all interchange. I feel Roofe (when/if fit) offers more than Alfredo does currently.

Probably a bit harsh on Cantwell (and Lawrence) given Beale stating we were signing starters in the first team but I’m a big Hagi fan.

Better options in the middle/attacking mid roles than we had this time last month so have to be happy with that.

Would play Roofe against the teams that sit deep where we need someone with onstinctive finishing in s packed defence.

McGregor

Tav
Goldson
Davies
Yilmaz

Raskin
Kamara

Cantwell
Tilman
Kent

Morelos
This is it. That is a first team quality striker, keeper and left sided centre half away from being fantastic. Harsh on Davies but I believe we can do better and his £4m fee was mental imo. Morelos to move on and McGregor to bow out.

When everyone is fit 4-1-4-1
…………..McGregor
Tav Goldson Hellander Yilmaz
……………Raskin
.Tillman..Lawrence Cantwell…Kent
……………Alfie

Bench (16)
Hagi
Colak
Jack
Kamara
Lundstram
McLaughlin
Devine
Davies
King
Borna
Souttar
Arfield
Wright
Roofe
Sakala
Sands
So no place for Lowry or Matondo at all? Davis I presume finished.

Beale wants to play 2 up front from time to time so he has said. What about 4-1-3-2 in games where we should be dominating

GK
Tav Goldson Davies Ridvan
Raskin
Kent Tillman Cantwell
Morelos Colak

Bench with the likes of Lundstram, Jack, Kamara, Arfield, Sakala, Roofe, Barasic, Souttar, Hagi

Lot of folk seem to have the new players going straight in to the team as automatic first picks, but I think it might be more of a gradual introduction. I don’t imagine Raskin leaping ahead of Jack, Lundstrum and Kamara immediately as first choice, especially given he is only 21, just moved to a new country, and we are on the back of an unbeaten run in the middle of winter.

The good news is that the age of the midfield is starting to come down, which should eventually give a wee bit more energy in that area of the pitch, and give us more option off the bench and to rotate. It also points to Beale wanting to build a vibrant, energetic team for years to come. We now have a good mix of youth, experience, and those in their prime years, which is exactly what you want. And I think we will still see a sizeable turnover of players in the summer.

Raskin first pick despite most of us never seeing him play! :D

Might not be popular but we look a far more dangerous team with Sakala in it than without.

This is it. That is a first team quality striker, keeper and left sided centre half away from being fantastic. Harsh on Davies but I believe we can do better and his £4m fee was mental imo. Morelos to move on and McGregor to bow out.
Give Davies a left back next to him who can defend and he will look miles better

The early injuries we had really wrecked our season. That and the Gio project coming off the rails completely, but the injuries were prevalent before that really began to take hold.

Looking at our squad on paper, it's really strong. Could be much stronger of course, but based on sheer ability of the players on the books, it's maddening how this season has transpired. The only major concern I have left in the squad at the moment, is at Goalkeeper, I'm not sold on either option.

The early injuries we had really wrecked our season. That and the Gio project coming off the rails completely, but the injuries were prevalent before that really began to take hold.

Looking at our squad on paper, it's really strong. Could be much stronger of course, but based on sheer ability of the players on the books, it's maddening how this season has transpired. The only major concern I have left in the squad at the moment, is at Goalkeeper, I'm not sold on either option.

It’s something that people don’t consider when they criticise the board for not spending more in the summer. Our wage bill must be huge. We’ve had huge earners like Helander, Hagi and Roofe sitting on the sidelines all season.

It’s something that people don’t consider when they criticise the board for not spending more in the summer. Our wage bill must be huge. We’ve had huge earners like Helander, Hagi and Roofe sitting on the sidelines all season.

Lawrence and Yilmaz too. Both will be on decent wages. That's 5 players that would have played frequently if fit. A mad amount of money tied up on the treatment room.

Everyone fit and playing at home to the dross:
McGregor
Tavernier Goldson Helander Yilmaz
Raskin
Tillman Cantwell
Kent Morelos Lawrence

Everyone fit and playing at home to the dross:
McGregor
Tavernier Goldson Helander Yilmaz
Raskin
Tillman Cantwell
Kent Morelos Lawrence
I'm liking how our team is slowly starting to change since last summer.

The 55 squad mostly needs phased out at this point as we look forwards to more sustained success in the coming months and years.

McGregor

Tav Goldson Davies Barisic

Raskin Cantwell

Sakala Tillman Kent

Morelos

One issue I see is that in most formations people have is that one or more need to play out of position, we are overloaded with 10s not to play 4-2-3-1 or a variation of that with one deep and 5 attacking players.

With that in mind I’ve decided to put Tom Lawrence at inside right, I think he or Kent could play there with ease:

McGregor
Tavernier / Goldson / Helander / Barisic
Raskin / Lundstram
Lawrence / Tillman / Kent
Colak

Moving beyond into the summer we need a new GK, DC, CM, RF, ST.

Would like Yilmaz to be stettled in the team by the end of the season and for these 5 positions recruited for with starting quality. Not easy but doable with the wages freed up.

Back