Our subs were head scratching to say the least.

No idea what Gio sees in Scott Wright.

He must be getting blackmailed or something
I still think is good enough to do a job against the shite domestic teams, but he looks so far out his depth at this level it's unreal. He doesn't have the game intelligence to play against top defenders, both the offensive and defensive side.

I don't think Wright is good enough for this level however I could gio's thinking. When your not seeing much of the ball you need some that can carry it 30 or 40 yards up the park!

Didn’t get the manager’s subs tonight at all Wright has not played well and yet gets brought on and same goes with Kamara.

Arfield Matondo Morelos should have seen the field before those two.

Also don’t think Gio knows his strongest side yet as we lost the midfield battle tonight and maybe even the tie.

If we could’ve got control of the midfield more we win tonight imo because when we pressed them and held the ball they didn’t look to clever.
Davis had tired and was flagging so I understand why you take him off. Then replacing him with Arfield you maybe feel losses your shape defensively so see why Kamara is brought on. Wright - don’t get that, Mantondo is off a great game at the weekend so give him a go maybe even for Kent to protect him. Morelos I think we all want to see him on and worrying the defenders.

But I’ll say I don’t think the subs were completely clueless just I’d have done differently.

It's possible Gio is withholding some players from the tie until the return leg. With our depth I wouldn't be surprised to see a very different starting 11 with a different shape that will make things more difficult for PSV.

I actually said to my mates before the subs that both Tillman and Davis were obviously tired.

I said out loud that Kamara for Davis was an obvious change for extra legs and maybe Matondo or Wright for Tillman.

Maybe Arfield could have been changed for either to give us a little more third man running from midfield but I actually felt the changes were very sensible.

I thought they totally overran us in midfield in the 2nd half. Jack for Davis should have been the sub

They clearly did overrun us once they pressed higher up the pitch in the 2nd half. We had nobody to link defence to attack and nobody to hold the ball up so simply played the ball about our own box or launched it long.

It was even a battle in midfield as they bypassed us so easily.

Can see why he brought on Wright as he will support Tav. Think we should have brought on Jack instead of Kamara. Alfredo should have come on about 65/70 and that is no slight on Colak at all, just he would have helped keep the ball up there.

Matondo is another who would have brought something to us as they would be tiring.

Matondo played well on Saturday. I thought he would have got at least a run out.

Also in disbelief that Morelos never got on and just seen Gio’s interview saying he never considered bringing him on :confused:

There was no attempt to win the game, Wright over Matondo is really bizarre.
I thought that aswell. It was all very safe and make sure we are still in it next week. Some would say job done tonight but I feel if we played with a bit more intent there was more goals there

I actually said to my mates before the subs that both Tillman and Davis were obviously tired.

I said out loud that Kamara for Davis was an obvious change for extra legs and maybe Matondo or Wright for Tillman.

Maybe Arfield could have been changed for either to give us a little more third man running from midfield but I actually felt the changes were very sensible.

You thought Kamara would give us extra legs? He did absolutely nothing when he came on - was basically a man down.

Unsure how you can say we lost the midfield battle. I felt we overpowered them. They scored from a poorly defended corner (Goldson) and a scrappy tap in.

I felt we were the better team overall, and genuinely think we'll qualify.
Thought we were the better team overall aswell.

Sadly don’t think we’ll have enough over there. Corners and free kicks have given me the fear since Hearts at home / Ross County away last season.

That said, we absolutely have it in us to go through.

Thought the two subs that came off were correct but the two that came on weren't. Scott Wright is not it for this level, don't understand Gio's fascination with him. Kamara really had no impact on things at all. Think in the second half their midfield got the better of ours over the 45 mins.

Alfredo and Arfield offer something different and could easily have led us to a 3-2 tonight If they have come on for the last 15 minutes.
Energy had gone and those two would have given us a boost at an important time in the match.

Unsure how you can say we lost the midfield battle. I felt we overpowered them. They scored from a poorly defended corner (Goldson) and a scrappy tap in.

I felt we were the better team overall, and genuinely think we'll qualify.
I'll need to rewatch the highlights but I feel they created more from open play than us tonight.

Next week will be very tough.

Matondo with a couple of assists and a bright second half on Saturday but Wright on ahead of him? Perplexing.

Kamara looks like he needs a fresh challenge. Key player for Gerrard but just doesn’t fit into Gio’s system.

Sometimes I wonder if kamara thinks he’s playing rugby and he’s not allowed to pass the ball forward. Based on no empirical evidence whatsoever it seems to me like his first thought is always sideways or back.

Wright at least tried to go towards the opposition goal with the ball even if he does sometimes leave it behind.

I agree the subs were strange and our group chat called out the effect it’s have on the game long before they came on. I can see it, three mates on the group chat called it therefore quite how the gaffer and his crack team didn’t.

Anyway enough negativity it’s only half time, we will do them next week.

Jack and Matondo for Davis and Tillman were the subs for me. I wouldn’t have brought Morelos on, given Colak’s performance.

This'll sound harsh but the Scott Wright Experience has to stop. I really like him and want to succeed but when you're playing in the front three for us and you have no game awareness and fúck all goal threat ?

The numbers just aren't there to justify it.
Watching Scott Wright at that level is like watching you or me at SPFL.

Out his depth in a big, big way.

Scott Wright is very poor.

A Scottish Cup final goal created this myth he finished the season well.

The semi final against them at Hampden he was awful, then the Europa League final he was so far out of his depth.

He runs a lot, but has no football intelligence or end product.

My hearts sinks every time I see him near the team.

Wright is a favourite of Gios so wont be going anytime soon. He will play in almost every game this season if fit.

Wright isnt good enough for Rangers.

Scott wright was not the reason we drew tonight
They were allowed all the time and space in the world
They are no mugs so they used it
We are not out of this, but we have to set up to create chances
Colak is a penalty box player……how many chances did he get….one and he scored
The goals we lost were shocking at this level….every bit as bad as our second at this level

When you are bringing on Scott Wright in a game like that, it tells you that we have a problem.

I just don't see it with the lad and never have.

Nice guy and all that but not good enough for what we want.

Yes, we know he scored at Hampden blah, blah, blah.

Their left back looked vulnerable and yet he was rarely tested in the second half. It seemed Matondo was the appropriate sub to make where we may have done that more.

This'll sound harsh but the Scott Wright Experience has to stop. I really like him and want to succeed but when you're playing in the front three for us and you have no game awareness and fúck all goal threat ?

The numbers just aren't there to justify it.

I'd loan him out to another SPL side, see if he can impact there and whether he is worth persevering with. There's no danger he should be featuring on even a semi regular basis for us at this point until such time as he is able to post numbers.

Watching Scott Wright at that level is like watching you or me at SPFL.

Out his depth in a big, big way.

It's looking that way.

A promising six months with Gerrard when we expected him to really kick on and he didn't.

That's now 12 months of bog standard averageness.

Been the case with Wright for a while tbh.
It’s been the case since he came in.A nice layoff in one europa league tie and a goal in the cup final that he seems never likely to replicate has been his contribution.I’ve had enough of him now,he has been given plenty opportunities to prove me wrong and failed.Play Matondo.

Game of two halves for me, we controlled the first apart from ten minutes in the build up to their goal and they controlled the second.

Subs were wrong, Matondos pace would’ve caused them problems.
So we were on top for 35 minutes out of 90?

That's not quite a game of two halves.

Back