Ousmane Coulibaly, 32, suffers heart attack on pitch

Dementia has been a big focus in recent months. I hope the same focus can be put on these issues.

Players are pushing their bodies to the extreme 2-3 times per week on top of their training.
I know it was said in the other thread about Davies but I have to wonder whether PED might be an issue too with some of these medical issues.

Football is still one of the least tested sports and I don't believe that it's a clean sport at all.

I know it was said in the other thread about Davies but I have to wonder whether PED might be an issue too with some of these medical issues.

Football is still one of the least tested sports and I don't believe that it's a clean sport at all.
I think you might be on to something there.

The article I read years ago was a Dr Fuentes and one of the world doing committees locked down a lab in Spain where it was alleged there were blood samples from all of the above. The Spanish High Court then overruled the decision and everything in the lab was destroyed. It came across as dodgy as hell and was around the time Spain and their club sides were absolutely dominant
As I understand it they were increasing oxygen carrying capabilities of the individuals own blood by increasing the number of red blood cells. They were effectively giving blood and then having their own respective blood worked and then having it transfused back into them.

Never heard of the guy.
Stuff lke this has been happening for years.
Just the way it is.
1990 Guy in Qatar has a health issue. Would we have heard of it?

You might be right. A number of years ago the press started highlighting car jacking in Florida of rental cars booked by tourists. It was hot news for a while but then people lost interest. You never hear of it now so its either stopped happening or its just not newsworthy.

We have some very impressive and knowledgable people in this thread who really seem to know their stuff. It’s really helpful to have such expertise keeping the rest of us right when it comes to speculating about what, to laymen like me, looks like a worrying recent trend out of nowhere that must have some obvious recent cause.

but freely bandying theories around would only lead to free discussion and everyone knows how unhelpful that can be

Back