Outside of stands project 2022

Matty1904

With the club trying to improve facilities within the Stands and there is a focus on project 2022. What would your preferred options for copland, broomloan and SJ stands be. For me the club haven't announced anything and we know it's hard with SD. Long term I'd love a top museum, 2 story club shop(after SD), new fan zone at the current edminston house site. With a Rangers Sports cafe and Rangers Bar built into the outer copland stand. Use it as a predominant match day hub. Cover the outer bricks with a blue or modern glass with Rangers Images to modernise the outside. For liverpool it's the kop, for Dortmund it's the yellow wall. For us it's the copland its tribal. Eventually turn the current shop into a ticket office. The portakabins makes us look 2nd rate.

It’s only two years until 2022 , our 150th year celebrations .

So far , not even a pothole has been filled in .

With all due respect none of your list will be complete in time . In fact none of it will even be started .
That's why I stated long term. The club really has to state what the intentions are with project 2022.

Don't think a museum adds much tbh, that's what club tours are for. We've got to modernise the facilities, radically improve and reinvigorate the match day experience, regenerate the surrounding areas and attract new investment.

We should never forget our past but need to deploy more time and resources into ensuring our future is even better.

Don't think a museum adds much tbh, that's what club tours are for. We've got to modernise the facilities, radically improve and reinvigorate the match day experience, regenerate the surrounding areas and attract new investment.

We should never forget our past but need to deploy more time and resources into ensuring our future is even better.
Everyone has there own thoughts but every elite club has a musuem and tour. Our tour is fab dont get me wrong but it could be so much more with it. I'm sure I heard theres not enough room in Ibrox to hold everything. Everything else I'm 100% with you. But with investment into the facilities would radically increase revenue with new facilities for fans it be a 7 day week business at Ibrox. It is already but on a larger scale

Everyone has there own thoughts but every elite club has a musuem and tour. Our tour is fab dont get me wrong but it could be so much more with it. I'm sure I heard theres not enough room in Ibrox to hold everything. Everything else I'm 100% with you. But with investment into the facilities would radically increase revenue with new facilities for fans it be a 7 day week business at Ibrox. It is already but on a larger scale

By the looks of things we will be lucky if even the portakabins are removed in time for 2022 .

I don’t know why progress has been so slow considering the club made a lot of noise about what we were going to do to improve Ibrox and the surrounds for our 150th year .

All very strange .

With the club trying to improve facilities within the Stands and there is a focus on project 2022. What would your preferred options for copland, broomloan and SJ stands be. For me the club haven't announced anything and we know it's hard with SD. Long term I'd love a top museum, 2 story club shop(after SD), new fan zone at the current edminston house site. With a Rangers Sports cafe and Rangers Bar built into the outer copland stand. Use it as a predominant match day hub. Cover the outer bricks with a blue or modern glass with Rangers Images to modernise the outside. For liverpool it's the kop, for Dortmund it's the yellow wall. For us it's the copland its tribal. Eventually turn the current shop into a ticket office. The portakabins makes us look 2nd rate.
Not really comparable though, are they?

I will actually be very surprised if we do anything significant in terms of infrastructure in time for 2022 - the clock is well against us now IMO

All great ideas though OP and I think most fans would agree with what you put forward

Revamp the concourses / link them to the unused offices behind for pre/post match events that can make the club money.

It wasn’t so long we were saying if they play on the streets we will watch on the pavement.

We aren’t where we need to be or will be, but we will get there

By the looks of things we will be lucky if even the portakabins are removed in time for 2022 .

I don’t know why progress has been so slow considering the club made a lot of noise about what we were going to do to improve Ibrox and the surrounds for our 150th year .

All very strange .

Let's be honest here.

I'd rather have a winning team on the park, given the disastrous decade we've been through, than the outside of Ibrox looking magnificent.

I'm sure our founding fathers would agree.

Let's be honest here.

I'd rather have a winning team on the park, given the disastrous decade we've been through, than the outside of Ibrox looking magnificent.

I'm sure our founding fathers would agree.

Thats not the choice though .

The club themselves announced two years ago that we would revamp Ibrox and it’s surrounds for our 150th celebration year of 2022.

It’s only two years until 2022 , our 150th year celebrations .

So far , not even a pothole has been filled in .

With all due respect none of your list will be complete in time . In fact none of it will even be started .
None of it will even be considered mate.

Does anyone know the contact details of someone within Rangers that they could send over to me by PM that would be the best person to communicate with in regards to getting involved in any type of work within the stadium such as this.

I'd love nothing more than being able to contribute my skills but feel a random email to the wrong person will fall on deaf ears.

Never fails to amaze me that, after all we’ve been through, we still have so many who think that we can have anything we wish for.

Money doesn’t grow on trees, guys! For the foreseeable future we will be doing a balancing act between expenditure on the team and investment in facilities and the sort of developments some have mentioned above just wont happen.

Revamp the concourses / link them to the unused offices behind for pre/post match events that can make the club money.

It wasn’t so long we were saying if they play on the streets we will watch on the pavement.

We aren’t where we need to be or will be, but we will get there
I remember a few years ago, a thread on here by someone, was going to do murals on the concourses and I even contributed to that.

The cladding wasn't even completed in summer, it looks bad. The dark green cladding at Govan needs done as well.

I hope for improvements but 2022 is not feasible.

All very strange .
Let’s just say for example the plan is to demolish Edmiston house and build a museum etc with maybe some sort of walkway. I don’t think there’s any reason this couldn’t be done within 2 years. It takes around 1.5-2 years to build a secondary school, we would be looking at something slightly smaller than that so I don’t think all hope is gone.

Never fails to amaze me that, after all we’ve been through, we still have so many who think that we can have anything we wish for.

Money doesn’t grow on trees, guys! For the foreseeable future we will be doing a balancing act between expenditure on the team and investment in facilities and the sort of developments some have mentioned above just wont happen.

It wasn’t the fans it was the CLUB who said they were doing it !

How many times

Statues and commemorations to our heroes and significant moments

We’re still running an operating loss. Big capital investment would be financial stupidity at this time.

I’m quite happy for what we do spend to go on the team. Win a couple of leagues get a chunk of CL money. See how the buy cheap sell high policy works out. Get the fat slug out of our hair and increase merchandise revenue streams.

Then we can blast a few quid in other directions.

Within the realms of possibility: New ground surface for walking/cars around the Broomloan/SJ/Copland; maybe even cars and footpaths segregated with grass/trees would be nice; new cladding for the three afore mentioned stands.

Dream improvement: all of the above plus refurb of the megastore into sports bar; new ticket office.

Would love all the changes mentioned but as others have said dont think we have the money to do all until we have won a few leagues and got CL money

I'd clad exterior in modern plastics and glass; inside of stand walls should see banners with legends (like Hearts do but not shit); and Edmiston House knocked down for cafe, bar, and shop.

A museum, a bar, a permanent ticket office, resurfacing the pavements around the stadium, renovations to the concourses, safe standing etc etc. All begged for on here daily.

Oh and whilst doing all of this we need to; scout for the future, improve the academy, improve the HTC, improve on the 1st XI, attack the media/ tims with constant statements, put out the SD fires etc etc.

There is only so much time, money and resources to do all of this. The board have clearly thought that they could do all of these things in the time period but so many things have come up, replacing a director of football for example. The only thing that I see on here regularly that is in anyway close to the urgency of competing on the pitch is for the improvement of the matchday experience for our disabled supporters.

55 matters, the rest is second.

Within the realms of possibility: New ground surface for walking/cars around the Broomloan/SJ/Copland; maybe even cars and footpaths segregated with grass/trees would be nice; new cladding for the three afore mentioned stands.

Dream improvement: all of the above plus refurb of the megastore into sports bar; new ticket office.

This .

Realistic , affordable and doable .

In fact it’s what I’d genuinely hoped the club were aiming for when they announced there were plans for 2022 .

Sadly it seems even these modest improvements are a pipe dream .

Does anyone know the contact details of someone within Rangers that they could send over to me by PM that would be the best person to communicate with in regards to getting involved in any type of work within the stadium such as this.

I'd love nothing more than being able to contribute my skills but feel a random email to the wrong person will fall on deaf ears.
Well said op...this is annoying. There has been more than one thread on here in recent years with many many supporters offering their services, be it building, plumbing, electrical work, plastering, painting etc....and many unskilled supporters willing to help out in other ways. But.....it all seems to amount to nothing. There must be H&S and insurance/liability issues but surely the club can deal with this. Many generous supporters offered their time and skill set for free. How can this be ignored?

Scary thought that we are so close to 2022 now, when it was first mentioned it seemed a lifetime away.

Little bit sad that none of it has yet to come to fruition but agree with the above that if we have a title winning side on the park then that will suffice.

Project 2022. :D “Moonbeam”, if you will.

I’d be happy if they just employ a PR firm to represent the club.

I'd clad exterior in modern plastics and glass; inside of stand walls should see banners with legends (like Hearts do but not shit); and Edmiston House knocked down for cafe, bar, and shop.
Like the sound of that.

Anything that covers up the Broomloan, Copland and Govan exteriors would be great.

Nothing is going to happen, I don't know why they even mentioned it. I'd love to be proved wrong, however.

Long term was quoted in the OP. The club can set aside say £2m per season over a period of time to do these projects then with the income from the increased matchday revenue and from rangers pools as this is ringfenced for Ibrox projects. It will be a money earner for the club. The club want to self sustain and have increased income heres a solution. Fans will come early to games due to better facilities, visitor income will increase from fans from European competition. Lots of benefits can use in favour of helping the brand grow

Yes it is, copland road is tribal to rangers fans. Always been that way all our facilities tend to have been down that side. We have always wanted to shoot 2nd half to there. Likewise the kop and dortmunds yellow wall are tribal to them.
The Copland Road is just another stand at Ibrox. It has zero impact or influence. We don't have a proper home end.

The Copland Road is just another stand at Ibrox. It has zero impact or influence. We don't have a proper home end.
I'm sorry but yes it's just another stand to you. But the name is the most famous one and copland road end has always been that way back from 50s onwards. Rangers have always went for 2nd half towards copland it's a tradition. All our facilities have been down that way from the shop to the old edmiston house. Songs have Copland Road in it. It's far more tribal to Rangers fans as opposed to the broomloan or govan now sandy jardine. Old Ibrox and the broomloan was always known as the celtic end. Its just the way tradition was. Obv now they have the corner but in general our home side always been copland

I'm sorry but yes it's just another stand to you. But the name is the most famous one and copland road end has always been that way back from 50s onwards. Rangers have always went for 2nd half towards copland it's a tradition. All our facilities have been down that way from the shop to the old edmiston house. Songs have Copland Road in it. It's far more tribal to Rangers fans as opposed to the broomloan or govan now sandy jardine. Old Ibrox and the broomloan was always known as the celtic end. Its just the way tradition was. Obv now they have the corner but in general our home side always been copland
A home end has a vibe, an atmosphere, a sense of occasion, a feeling of something a bit special and a support which lifts the team etc.

The Copland Road has none of that.

It just sits in silence - and has done for two or three decades. It has no special feeling to it. As I say - just another stand.

A home end has a vibe, an atmosphere, a sense of occasion, a feeling of something a bit special and a support which lifts the team etc.

It just sits in silence - and has done for two or three decades. It has no special feeling to it. As I say - just another stand.
I respect your point but I'm not talking about atmosphere. But to me Copland Road is special. Grew up singing in the copland and have the pre match vibe down there. The club are trying to up the matchday experience. As I say it's the traditional home end as the way of going towards. The club could potentially do something really special down that side over a period of time doing up the facilities outside and outer stands. But all three stands do need a makeover. I'd like to see modern glass with lighting for a start. We are all bears and have the love for the club

Sadly correct .

Our club have no clue or desire to harness any kind of atmosphere which could be created by having a voiciferous and colourful home “ end “ .

Soul Destroying , backward thinking dinosaurs running the show .

Folk still living in the past, if you actually genuinely think the Copland creates any atmosphere you have to have not been at Ibrox for years and years. It’s the Union Bears in BF1 every single time.

Sadly correct .

Our club have no clue or desire to harness any kind of atmosphere which could be created by having a voiciferous and colourful home “ end “ .

Even Aberdeen have a Home End now where they all stand and have flags and that. That’s because those at the top aren’t living in years gone by.

Sadly correct .

I'm desperately hoping for some fresh blood into the board as soon as possible.

When King moves on it is an opportunity to freshen things up and get people in who are more dynamic in their outlook and approach.

Sadly I can't see it happening though.

We seem stuck with a sterile atmosphere in a soulless environment on matchdays, run by people who just don't get it :(

Even Aberdeen have a Home End now where they all stand and have flags and that. That’s because those at the top aren’t living in years gone by.
Our board are so out of touch on things like fan culture and matchday experience etc.

We have no hope of any constructive progress being made unless someone with a fresh set of eyes and a dynamic approach comes in. The current board are not interested. Which does my head in.

Back