Outside of stands project 2022

Yes it is, copland road is tribal to rangers fans. Always been that way all our facilities tend to have been down that side. We have always wanted to shoot 2nd half to there. Likewise the kop and dortmunds yellow wall are tribal to them.
You could say the same about most teams in world football. The Copland Road stand is not comparable to the Kop or the Yellow Wall in any way.

Our board are so out of touch on things like fan culture and matchday experience etc.

We have no hope of any constructive progress being made unless someone with a fresh set of eyes and a dynamic approach comes in. The current board are not interested. Which does my head in.
only season ticket money

Some information. 1st the club do care, so you can knock that one on the head. I have spoke with Natalie at the club about the perception of many on here. She has asked me to ask any of you who have ideas and suggestions to email her at marketing@rangers.co.uk

I can tell you this girl is a proper bluenose and is passionate about what you people want, she wants the best too.

Some information. 1st the club do care, so you can knock that one on the head. I have spoke with Natalie at the club about the perception of many on here. She has asked me to ask any of you who have ideas and suggestions to email her at marketing@rangers.co.uk

I can tell you this girl is a proper bluenose and is passionate about what you people want, she wants the best too.
Safe Standing, that’s all we ask and the UB to exchange seats with those behind the goals of the Broomloan.

Long term was quoted in the OP. The club can set aside say £2m per season over a period of time to do these projects then with the income from the increased matchday revenue and from rangers pools as this is ringfenced for Ibrox projects. It will be a money earner for the club. The club want to self sustain and have increased income heres a solution. Fans will come early to games due to better facilities, visitor income will increase from fans from European competition. Lots of benefits can use in favour of helping the brand grow

Yeah, good, we’ll set aside £2m a year from the losses we’re still making! You should be a politician with your grasp of economics.

Might be all you ask for
I'm not expecting anything big but with the amount RSCs backing Safe Standing along with Club1872 doing a fan survey, I think that shows that a significant amount of our support want it.

We're two years to the 150th anniversary and the transparency has been poor. All that I've seen is a failed bid for an Ibrox disaster memorial garden which personally I didn't think was needed considering the stadium and John Greig statue is a memorial itself.

Last edited:
Let's be honest, the outside of the Copland and Broomloan resemble a 70's office block which would not look out of place in Milton Keynes or East Kilbride.

It would be great to transform this.

Everyone has there own thoughts but every elite club has a musuem and tour. Our tour is fab dont get me wrong but it could be so much more with it. I'm sure I heard theres not enough room in Ibrox to hold everything. Everything else I'm 100% with you. But with investment into the facilities would radically increase revenue with new facilities for fans it be a 7 day week business at Ibrox. It is already but on a larger scale
I'm all for a museum but what happens to the Trophy Room?
Plenty to display was told only 10% of memorabilia on display in the Trophy Room.

The red brick doesn't look good imho. Only the Main Stand looks good.
Yep. In a ideal world the three 70's stands/new town office blocks would be knocked down and we would start again.

Unfortunately that is not going to happen, so I would like to see some sort of cosmetic transformation because the style and design has not aged well at all.

I would second that, stood chatting away with my bro at Vienna away and she knows her stuff.

All due respect squire , but if this Natalie is such a bluenose , and I’ve no reason to doubt you , then does she really need emails from fellow bears to tell her the matchday experience is appalling , just for example ?

Things like that are staring us in the face . We have a matchday announcer who can’t seem to operate the sound system , can’t be arsed reading out substitutes, and plays music from the club megamix which is 25 years old . Can’t interview ex players on the pitch properly, can’t work up a crowd , it’s like a time warp .

Now I could send this small example to Natalie , but she surely MUST already be aware how pathetically bad it is that a club supposedly putting on “ entertainment “ for over 50,000 paying supporters every fortnight , cannot organise a decent matchday experience for fans in 2020.

It’s been discussed to the ends of the earth on here and is worse than ever .

If Natalie is a bear she doesn’t need me or anyone else to email her.

All due respect squire , but if this Natalie is such a bluenose , and I’ve no reason to doubt you , then does she really need emails from fellow bears to tell her the matchday experience is appalling , just for example ?

Things like that are staring us in the face . We have a matchday announcer who can’t seem to operate the sound system , can’t be arsed reading out substitutes, and plays music from the club megamix which is 25 years old . Can’t interview ex players on the pitch properly, can’t work up a crowd , it’s like a time warp .

Now I could send this small example to Natalie , but she surely MUST already be aware how pathetically bad it is that a club supposedly putting on “ entertainment “ for over 50,000 paying supporters every fortnight , cannot organise a decent matchday experience for fans in 2020.

Great post.

Absolutely spot on mate.

It feels like the only people who are unaware how shite the matchday experience is are the people who work within they club. Are they in some sort of bubble?!!

Last edited:
My understanding is the underside of the govan and broomloan will receive over cladding , sides finished and a full clean , over and above that a general clear and decor around the seating and stairways and the place will be looking good.

Yes it is, copland road is tribal to rangers fans. Always been that way all our facilities tend to have been down that side. We have always wanted to shoot 2nd half to there. Likewise the kop and dortmunds yellow wall are tribal to them.
Would be great if the Copland fans got back to the way they were years ago......

100% mate you have to be oblivious to not see the glaring issues that can be easily fixed. A fan from the stands could do a better job at announcing.

Have you seen the Copland mate by chance these days? From the Broomloan Front I can see that everyone there sits down and the only time they stand up is either to abuse the referee or a player or if we score. The stand is also empty come 10 minutes to go.

The Copland “Traditional Rangers End” is gone now. the ideal scenario would be to put the UB in their but the folk there would go ballistic so the Broomloan it is. Half of the Broomloan Front is essentially where the atmosphere is, particularly BF1.

A home end has a vibe, an atmosphere, a sense of occasion, a feeling of something a bit special and a support which lifts the team etc.

The Copland Road has none of that.

It just sits in silence - and has done for two or three decades. It has no special feeling to it. As I say - just another stand.
It’s no different to the likes of the Club Deck and it’s an embarrassment for it to still be referred to as such as if it’s where the atmosphere is.

Sit in govan front the white beams above main stand badly need repainted an eyesore

Every match programme has an advert for Utilita which features a photograph of the main stand including that beam with the dirt and grime prominent for all to see. It’s embarrassing that nothing has been done before now. I know it’s not as simple as someone going up with a power washer but surely it’s not the most difficult or costly job to get done.

All seating killed the atmosphere. I remember the east enclosure trying to wind up the Copland by singing "can you hear the Copland sing". Then we screwed that bu seating the enclosure. Atmosphere needs standing in some form. In my view it should be Copland front.

Nailed it. The board are so out of touch with ordinary fans it’s unbelievable. In just a few years they’ve gone from heroes saving us from the spivs to out of touch dinosaurs holding us back. That’s not our unrealistic expectations but their inaction on so many fronts. I’d be surprised if done of them even know that the 150 is coming up, and if we get more than a knobbly knees competition and a tombola it’ll be a miracle.

We’re still running an operating loss. Big capital investment would be financial stupidity at this time.

I’m quite happy for what we do spend to go on the team. Win a couple of leagues get a chunk of CL money. See how the buy cheap sell high policy works out. Get the fat slug out of our hair and increase merchandise revenue streams.

Then we can blast a few quid in other directions.
Not if the improvements made are revenue generating.

Every match programme has an advert for Utilita which features a photograph of the main stand including that beam with the dirt and grime prominent for all to see. It’s embarrassing that nothing has been done before now. I know it’s not as simple as someone going up with a power washer but surely it’s not the most difficult or costly job to get done.
The work tbh is pretty straight forward to a skilled company, many do this work . Would it be costly yes but you don’t do it every year .

The work tbh is pretty straight forward to a skilled company, many do this work . Would it be costly yes but you don’t do it every year .

There is moss growing on the players tunnel roof , dugout roofs and trackside .

It can be seen at the ground and especially on tv , and is a total embarrassment .

Would take literally a couple of hours and a Kercher to remove it all.

There is no excuse for it and I cannot believe it’s still there and hasn’t been sorted .

I actually pointed it out to the tour guide on my last visit but was just told “ the whole stadium is being cleaned “ soon .

There is moss growing on the players tunnel roof , dugout roofs and trackside .

It can be seen at the ground and especially on tv , and is a total embarrassment .

Would take literally a couple of hours and a Kercher to remove it all.

There is no excuse for it and I cannot believe it’s still there and hasn’t been sorted .

I actually pointed it out to the tour guide on my last visit but was just told “ the whole stadium is being cleaned “ soon .
The maintenance of the stadium is a shambles.

As you say the dugout roofs have had moss on them for ages. Why the f.uck has that not been addressed?! Just shows you the lazy attitude.

Small things to some - but tells you a lot about how our proud standards have fallen.

King and Robertson need to be walked right through the stadium visiting every area to see how poor it is. Then they might realise! Or do they care?

Would be good to modernise the stadium but then we always ask for a increase in playing staff so the money goes there

Back