Over 50 years a fan

Robert Marshall

I have had the privilege and it's always been a privilege to support The Rangers.
Fell in Love with The Stadium first time I saw it lit up at night.
Still believe it to be an iconic and proper football ground filled with a wonderful support.
I never saw us win a trophy for 4 years but that was just an inconvenience.
I have seen us win a European Trophy and been beaten finalists. I have seen us win trebles and every other domestic trophies many times.
I have seen great Managers and others not as successful
I have seen last day wins in the League, I have also seen us lose 3 times in 8 days to Celtic.
I have suffered like all my fellow supporters in the last 8 years.
I have never once given a microsecond thought that I would not be at the next game at Ibrox.
It easy for me to support Rangers, no matter if we win, lose or draw.
Now is the time for every single fan to stand up and support our team.
The League is not over and we have every chance of turning this around.
The players, the management and the board need our unequivocal backing.
Now is the time
We'll Support You Evermore

Good post Robert, I can't believe some of the rubbish I've read on here recently, the team and the board need our backing more than ever. And even more importantly we should be standing shoulder to shoulder with the manager because he's the figurehead that lot want to bring down because everyone can see the huge strides we've taken in his 2years in charge

Great post.

Surely any Bear who lived through those dark time’s in the aftermath of Valentine’s Day 8 years ago must be able to keep a clear headed perspective on what it is that truly matters.

Games can be won and lost. Titles can come and go. But Rangers must be forever, and we were very close to that not being the case l.

As Mr Struth said years of failure are inevitable, but when they come “ we must reveal tolerance and sanity”.

Good post Robert, I can't believe some of the rubbish I've read on here recently, the team and the board need our backing more than ever. And even more importantly we should be standing shoulder to shoulder with the manager because he's the figurehead that lot want to bring down because everyone can see the huge strides we've taken in his 2years in charge

I don't believe the fans will not continue to support our club.

However, after our recent dreadful run, that has seen us all but hand 9IAR to our bitter rivals, it is a little bit remiss to think there would not be some negative reaction in social media, etc from large sections of the support. Also, it is after all, the team that have put us where we currently are, our title challenge hanging by the thinnest of threads.

I firmly believe SG is the man to bring us success, perhaps it will take a little longer than we all might have hoped.

Only the players can make the Ibrox crowd raucous again by putting on a show, today would be a good time to start.

Same as yourself Robert Marshall.
All the way back to my first game in 1963.
Wouldn't change the way I was brought up or my life of follow following.
Born a Rangers supporter and will die a Rangers supporter.
My squad will be in our usual seats today shouting on our team as we always do.
Good times, bad times, we will follow on.

Great words Robert, welcome to he club!

A very articulate and clearly heartfelt post there my friend, the only part I disagree with is that the league is done and dusted I’m afraid. Like you I will follow on, but I’m too old to kid myself. I was convinced at Xmas that this was the year we’d finally be back on top and I’m absolutely devastated that instead we have gifted the poets something to taunt us with for the foreseeable future.No sense crying over spilled milk though I suppose as we need to focus our attention and make some tough hard decision with regard to next season or the gloating with become far, far, worse than we ever imagined.

Agree with all of the OP’s words , except “ the league is not over “ . Unfortunately it most definitely is .

However it changes nothing in terms of all of us loving the club if anything even more as our appetite for getting to the top just continues to grow .

I have had the privilege and it's always been a privilege to support The Rangers.
Fell in Love with The Stadium first time I saw it lit up at night.
Still believe it to be an iconic and proper football ground filled with a wonderful support.
I never saw us win a trophy for 4 years but that was just an inconvenience.
I have seen us win a European Trophy and been beaten finalists. I have seen us win trebles and every other domestic trophies many times.
I have seen great Managers and others not as successful
I have seen last day wins in the League, I have also seen us lose 3 times in 8 days to Celtic.
I have suffered like all my fellow supporters in the last 8 years.
I have never once given a microsecond thought that I would not be at the next game at Ibrox.
It easy for me to support Rangers, no matter if we win, lose or draw.
Now is the time for every single fan to stand up and support our team.
The League is not over and we have every chance of turning this around.
The players, the management and the board need our unequivocal backing.
Now is the time
We'll Support You Evermore
Inspirational.

get a copy of this a scud it right onto the dressing room wall.
This is what rangers means to the normal working class person who has dedicated their life to this club.
The immortal words, NO SURRENDER, come to mind

However, after our recent dreadful run, that has seen us all but hand 9IAR to our bitter rivals

That’s ridiculous, we’ve given them an advantage for sure but they only need to drop points once for the complexion to change completely.

Hypothetically speaking as I don’t have much faith in Aberdeen tomorrow (and believe they’ll
stop points in an unexpected match) but if that’s a draw all of a sudden the tide turns. Beat them at Ibrox, win the game in hand. 2pts behind with plenty of football to be played including one more OF.

great post big man
i was brought up in govan
i saw Ibrox every day and still think its one of the most iconic
stadiums in world football as i did back in the day

A passionate and heartfelt post from the OP that I completely agree with.
From another supporter of 55+ years. :)

That’s ridiculous, we’ve given them an advantage for sure but they only need to drop points once for the complexion to change completely.

Hypothetically speaking as I don’t have much faith in Aberdeen tomorrow (and believe they’ll
stop points in an unexpected match) but if that’s a draw all of a sudden the tide turns. Beat them at Ibrox, win the game in hand. 2pts behind with plenty of football to be played including one more OF.

I sincerely hope your scenario comes true, I really do. However I think you will find you are in the minority of fans who believe the title race is still on.

Celtic are playing with confidence, scoring for fun and more importantly have been over this course so many times that is is difficult to hold out any hope that they will slip up.

I can't remember us winning the treble in 1978 but can remember the world cup that year. I was at primary school then. At secondary after another parkhead defeat a boy a couple of years older said to me "Don't worry we'll be back". It was on my 18th birthday that we won the league for the first time in my memory. The last 8 years have been horrific but rest assured we will be back at the top, it is a matter of time. The pain we are enduring now will help with the celebrations when the time comes.

I’ve been going to the games for over 60 years and concur with most of the OP. But the league is over for this year, no amount of no surrender talk can alter that.

49 years for me, ive lived through Barcelona, the tail end of the filths 9iar, Jaws Screamer in the Cup final, Jock Wallaces 2 trebles in 3 years and then the early promise of John Greigs spell turning into a barren time of failure and continuing when Wallace returned,
then it was the unbridled joy of Souness and the dominance under Smith, Wee Dicks promise then struggle, Eck giving us joy and despair then Wattie restoring our Domination, then Murray allowing us to be plundered and turned into a punchball,
now we have Stevie G who has sown the seeds of revival, we need to believe and Support him, we are on our way back, the light at the end of the tunnel is almost upon us,

No Surrender!

Seem to be one of these posts everywhere you look on social media, if we were in a league of portraying staunchness we certainly would be at the top of it.

Agree with all posters We are all members of The Rangers family near and far,good and bad times,Sun or rain.Our strength is we are together today at Ibrox with friends because it who we are.

"We will fight till the day is done, for there's not a team like the Glasgow Rangers"
Is how i believe the song goes Not the time for giving up on our team.

I love The Rangers as much as anyone that has our club truly within their hearts. And yes, like with any supporter that holds such an endearing affection, I do get totally and utterly frustrated, to say the least, when things don't go according to plan.

The pain of Murray's betrayal will live long and hard in my heart and what we have today is all down to this man's despicable dislike of The Rangers. We were seen as a commodity that could enhance his riches and reputation within the realms of business.

And he lived off us for near on 23 years.

Goodness that sounds so familiar and the only surprising thing is, he got away with it for so long. In the end we all saw the true colours of David Bloody Murray.

With the above said, we move on to now and for goodness sake, where in all honesty do we start.

We have our club back in safe hands, but the bloody mine fields that were left behind are still a very big hindrance on us, financially and that in turn brings with it the frustrations that are all so evident around Ibrox at this present time.

They say, footballs a funny old game, will it’s not actually. It's bloody frustrating, demoralising and does your bloody heid in, right now there is most certainly nothing funny about it.

Again and even more so this season, we are witnessing our teams demise in relation to stopping them bastards from over the city and that is the hardest part to take right now. Not all our own doing that is without question, in fact it's so apparent now that it's gone beyond an embarrassment, the way officials see us as such an easy target to constantly kick us right in the baws. Is there an agenda going on, most definitely, can we beat it, again most definitely, but we all have to be singing from the same hymn sheet, as they say.

Us as a support, the Rangers family, well that is true we are a family and like with any family we have our disagreements, our frustrations and our fallouts, but again like with most families, they reconcile and get on with it, we though, just keep on frustrating the hell out of each other. When we do come together, there is no stronger support within world football.

So the question is, what brings us together.

And I think we all know the answer to that one,

A successful Rangers team.

We as a support were starting to think, we have it this season, finally a manager and a squad of players that can deliver us 55. What has happened since Christmas beggars belief. None of us were expecting to see our team go from the highs of beating them to the lows of two defeats at the hands of Hearts and Kilmarnock and a home draw to Aberdeen.

We all saw the managers reaction after beating them, goodness, it was probably the best thing we’ve seen since Walter and Davie lifted the SPL title trophy back in 2011.

Now though and let's make no mistake about it, Gerard's got his work cut out like never before, starting today. Nothing short of a convincing win today will do, but the most important thing today is.

Our players have to understand the reality of what playing for The Rangers is all about. Gerrad knows it, he showed it the last time against them, now he has to translate that passion and pride to our players, some still don’t get it, it’s up to our manager to make sure they do.

Can he do it, I certainly hope so.

All We Want Is A Successful Rangers.

Last edited:
Great post Robert.

NO SURRENDER

“WE WILL FIGHT TIL THE DAY IS DONE”
Think some on here should remember that two word sentence it has been a foundation of our great club all the way from the chairman to the bear who puts his money where his mouth is .
Some posters should be ashamed of themselves as they seem to have forgotten that simple sentence or maybe they don't even know it, for their benefit the words are ,
NO SURRENDER

Back